Linemen or Backfield?

rigger101

Make sure you acknowledge them when they do step it up...The linemen ALWAYS get blamed even when a QB makes a bad read or throw or when a RB makes a wrong cut or goes thru the three hole when he was supposed to go thru the five....The linemen work harder than anyone else on a football team and it's a thankless job,then when you lose you have people like you blame them when the team loses..Maybe Fulton's coaching staff is good enough that they knew Alcoa's tendencies and knew what Alcoa was going to do..Not much a lineman can do when the odds are stacked like that....Remember things are not always as bad as they seem..I'm sure the Alcoa line played hard and probably are hurting this morning as bad as the marquee players on the Tornado football team are....You win as a team and you lose as a team...

I don't have anything to do with either Alcoa or Fulton's program but as a former lineman and a father of a kid that also plays on the offensive line,this post kind of hit home with me...Good Luck to BOTH teams the rest of the way....

Again,remember to get back on here and post something good about these young men when they dominate the line of scrimmage..But,I'm betting it doesn't happen...

This post made me think of my HS team.

I heard it over the years that linemen are smarter than the backfield.

All the linemen on the team that I played on have been successful in the pursuits after HS football.

Out of our starting line in 1978, we are all college grads. (2 engineers, 1 attorney, military officer, business owner, government official)

The back field from that team did not finish college and one is working for his former linemen. This was a great backfield that yielded backs that went over 1,000 yards and a QB that had over 800yd’s rushing.

Just wondering how other teams and individuals results were over the years?

Edited by rigger101