Jeff Co vs D-B

PatsFtbll9

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Tribe comes ready to play ball and doesn't make the mistake of overlooking Jeff Co. like they did Karns a couple years ago, it'll be all over in 5 official minutes. They almost made that mistake once already this year with Bearden (1st 3 quarters) and not likely to make it again.

48-12 DB with all 12 of Jeff Co's points scored late in the game against 3rd string.

Yes, prayer is a very good thing - that being for no injuries on either team.

Edited by DBGRAD70

the only thing i can say is that d-b might not want to over look us... our running back has had a 200 plus yard game the past two weeks and with spencer healthy and nick healthy our offense can be unstoppable... defense just needs some tweaking and we will be good to go this week... so let them over look us and we will pull out the upset.

Bring all of Dumpling Valley to Kingsport.. Patriots. The Indians are getting used to playing in front of record crowds.

Who are the weapons for the Pats? How is the defense? And I had heard that Mo East was going to be a good team this year, big numbers, lot's of returners... was that a good win over the Hurricanes?

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Having seen the speed Farragut has this year during a scrimmage, i'd say they're a little better than 'average' at the very least. Bearden is a better team than most think this year as well.

The DB game wasn't a fluke, it simply showed that Bearden was ready to play. I would hope that a team as good as DB is would realize that teams are going to play their best against them and give them (Bearden) the credit they deserve for bringing it, rather than making excuses for their less than stellar win.

Having seen the speed Farragut has this year during a scrimmage, i'd say they're a little better than 'average' at the very least. Bearden is a better team than most think this year as well.

The DB game wasn't a fluke, it simply showed that Bearden was ready to play. I would hope that a team as good as DB is would realize that teams are going to play their best against them and give them (Bearden) the credit they deserve for bringing it, rather than making excuses for their less than stellar win.

Maybe you could tell us where on Coacht (or anywhere else for that matter) that the "DB team" has made excuses for their "less than stellar win".

Bearden is now .500, and that is pretty average if you ask me. Are they better than in the past? YES!

Here's the deal.......Any time a team beats DB, or play's them close, all of the sudden they are "State Championship Contenders", "A Team on The Rise",

Building for the Future", all that stuff. Example: Last year DB squeeked by Sullivan South 7-6, so this year everybody up here was talking like South was a "State Championship Contender" So this year the largest crowd ever to see a football game in Kingsport saw DB slaughter South 44-0. A few years ago DB was upset by Karns. Everybody was saying the Karns football program had turned the corner, was a program on the rise. etc. etc. All this is "hog warsh". What I am saying is, if you want to improve or turn your program around, your going to have to do a lot more than play DB a tough game every now and then. You people put way to much effort into "the DB game. :ph34r:

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Maybe you could tell us where on Coacht (or anywhere else for that matter) that the "DB team" has made excuses for their "less than stellar win".

Bearden is now .500, and that is pretty average if you ask me. Are they better than in the past? YES!

Here's the deal.......Any time a team beats DB, or play's them close, all of the sudden they are "State Championship Contenders", "A Team on The Rise",

Building for the Future", all that stuff. Example: Last year DB squeeked by Sullivan South 7-6, so this year everybody up here was talking like South was a "State Championship Contender" So this year the largest crowd ever to see a football game in Kingsport saw DB slaughter South 44-0. A few years ago DB was upset by Karns. Everybody was saying the Karns football program had turned the corner, was a program on the rise. etc. etc. All this is "hog warsh". What I am saying is, if you want to improve or turn your program around, your going to have to do a lot more than play DB a tough game every now and then. You people put way to much effort into "the DB game. :thumb:

Well, if you're going to continually break your own arm attempting to pat yourself on the back and put yourself on that pedestal, then be prepared for other teams to measure their seasons based on how they play against you. You're nothing more than a contradiction to yourself.

You are the one that came on here and had the audacity to call other teams 'average', not myself. When a team such as Bearden or Karns gives you all you want, you minimalize the effort and claim that you took them lightly. Give them the credit they deserve for giving you all you wanted and then some. Don't disrespect their programs by calling them average or trying to make the case that they were blown up in the following years because of it. When a Karns program beats you, they've accomplished something. So toot your own whistle all you want, but have some class and stop trying to step on everyone else's success.

Programs have their own goals and playing DB to a one touchdown game, while not the success they might have hoped for, is still a positive thing for a program. Obviously a positive for you is to turn around and call them 'average'. Well, if Karns and Bearden are average and one beat you while the other put a scare into you, what does that make you? See the problem with your logic?

Edited by billiard13

Well, if you're going to continually break your own arm attempting to pat yourself on the back and put yourself on that pedestal, then be prepared for other teams to measure their seasons based on how they play against you. You're nothing more than a contradiction to yourself.

You are the one that came on here and had the audacity to call other teams 'average', not myself. When a team such as Bearden or Karns gives you all you want, you minimalize the effort and claim that you took them lightly. Give them the credit they deserve for giving you all you wanted and then some. Don't disrespect their programs by calling them average or trying to make the case that they were blown up in the following years because of it. When a Karns program beats you, they've accomplished something. So toot your own whistle all you want, but have some class and stop trying to step on everyone else's success.

Programs have their own goals and playing DB to a one touchdown game, while not the success they might have hoped for, is still a positive thing for a program. Obviously a positive for you is to turn around and call them 'average'. Well, if Karns and Bearden are average and one beat you while the other put a scare into you, what does that make you? See the problem with your logic?

Good post :thumb:

Billiard & JC4life must be drinking buddies.

Billiard you are one confused person. Let me help you out here. When you see a post by WaCoJaCo, it is not the DB football team. I am just a DB fan. I do not speek for the team. Just like 99.9% of the posters on coacht.

Now, since your not smart enough to figure out the logic, let me make it simple for you. Explaining the last sentance of your post: Last week after DB beat Bearden 10-6, I basically said DB had a bad game and Bearden was average. This week DB beat Oak Ridge (the states #2 ranked 5A team) 33-10. Bearden however lost to Farragut 27-14. Neither Bearden or Farragut is ranked in the top 10. Bearden is now 2-2 (thats .500) and thats about as average as you can get. I am not knocking the Bearden program, just stating the facts. Bearden is much better than last year, and if this was last year they would probably be 1-3. Logic says you can't base you programs success just by playing one team a close game.

Now grow up and stop crying.

WaCo :) JaCo