Farragut & McMinn

Oskie1

McMinn is looking straight down the barrell again to another 3-7 season which is absolutly no answer for except coaching and many mistakes.

If they are lucky enough to beat a good Farragut team then maybe they might have a chance but I do not see it. it is frustrating to watch all of that tallent go to waste. You got mistakes by players and then those are compunded by mistakes by the coaches. It is time for a change!

There is no reason why they do not throw the ball more and then run the option with that QB and the running back they have. this team should be 2-1 worst case but we are 1-2 and after friday probably 1-3 and then we got oak ridge and we all know what that will mean so lets go ahead and say 1-4. I believe they play rhea county next which maybe we will win and then on the road again to soddy daisy and billy blount we might win one of those two, then back home for heritage and bradley again maybe we will win one of those two. So there you have the 3-7 for 3 years in a row. Where is Mullinax can he come back again and salavage this football program like he did in the early 80's?

There is no reason why they do not throw the ball more and

Let's see against ooltewah mcminn was 3-11 passing. 1 completion went for negative yardage and 1 ended up in a fumble that the owls recovered. that makes for ONE positive passing play. yeh, mcminn definitely should have thrown more in that game.

against cleveland mcdermott had 180+ yards. cleveland could not stop the run game. mcminn's receivers dropped several passes and didn't look for the ball on several others. throw in that with the qb throwing an INT on 3rd and 1, and i can see why anyone would want mcminn to throw more. . .especially their opponents.

way too early to panic for mcminn fans. take a look at where you stand. compare last year's first 3 games to this year's.

mcminn 17

chatt central 21

mcminn 7

ooltewah 48

mcminn 28

cleveland 49

mcminn lost to a chatt central team that didn't win another game and were blown out at home to both ooltewah and cleveland.

mcminn 50

chatt central 14

mcminn 14

ooltewah 24

mcminn 14

cleveland 24

mcminn beat chatt central soundly.

they lost away to ooltewah but were in the game all the way. now let's look at this owl team that mcminn fans feel the tribe should have beat. first, there is only a handful of coaching staffs across the state that can compare to monroe and gatewood on the same staff. secondly, as talented as mcminn's players are don't forget that when these seniors were freshman they were beaten badly by the ooltewah freshmen which went on to win the freshman championship. IMO ooltewah is the best team in the region unless proven otherwise. i'm sure the cherokees would love another shot at the owls but surely they don't feel like their fans do and that they should have won that game.

now, cleveland. a game that without a doubt mcminn should have won. they won everywhere but the scoreboard. if mcminn wasn't coming off of two 3-7 seasons this loss wouldn't even be an issue (losing to a ranked cleveland club, at home). but unfortunately mcminn is coming off of two 3-7 seasons and EVERY loss is an issue.

but no way any knowledgeable football fan can compare last year's start to this year's. will mcminn go 3-7? i don't know. i don't think so. but making statements about coaching changes at this point is premature. this isn't the NBA where coaches get fired in mid season. like it or not, mcminn has this coaching staff for the duration of 2006. if mcminn goes 3-7, i think the coaching staff ought to resign. but that's at the end of the season. right now a true fan wouldn't make a statement that could hurt the team at this point. the players need to believe they, which includes the staff, can get the job done. if anything, despite the 1-2 start, they have shown me they will be a force in the region.

if any players are reading this, guys get the mistakes out of your system. come out and beat farragut and get this thing turned around. you have lost to two quality opponents. build on that fact. because if you can play with them, you can play with anyone.

Coaches, you're not entirely off the hook. get your head out of your a*%. yes the players fumble, the players jump offsides, etc. but as coaches that's your responsibility to have your club more disciplined. and for pete's sake get the players in shape. im tired of watching them walk around on the field. beat the admirals!

Yes, I agree it is way to early to throw in the towel. This team has way to much potential and experience to be compared to the two previous years. This is when the team must come together like a big family and rally around each other and win some games.

I still think that other teams will defend McMinn with 8-9 players in the box and will make McMinn throw the ball and I also think that McMinn can throw the ball they have good looking athletes @ wide recievers and a great looking QB so come on players make the plays you are capable of making.

This staff is still considered to be young but they have good attitudes and will get the job done if the players decide they are ready to win. Once they get a little "MO" on their side the sky is the limit with what this team can do. Good luck this week againist Farragut and 27ALLGO I am still a fan just a frustrated one as I am sure you are.

way too early to panic for mcminn fans. take a look at where you stand. compare last year's first 3 games to this year's.

mcminn 17

chatt central 21

mcminn 7

ooltewah 48

mcminn 28

cleveland 49

mcminn lost to a chatt central team that didn't win another game and were blown out at home to both ooltewah and cleveland.

mcminn 50

chatt central 14

mcminn 14

ooltewah 24

mcminn 14

cleveland 24

mcminn beat chatt central soundly.

they lost away to ooltewah but were in the game all the way. now let's look at this owl team that mcminn fans feel the tribe should have beat. first, there is only a handful of coaching staffs across the state that can compare to monroe and gatewood on the same staff. secondly, as talented as mcminn's players are don't forget that when these seniors were freshman they were beaten badly by the ooltewah freshmen which went on to win the freshman championship. IMO ooltewah is the best team in the region unless proven otherwise. i'm sure the cherokees would love another shot at the owls but surely they don't feel like their fans do and that they should have won that game.

now, cleveland. a game that without a doubt mcminn should have won. they won everywhere but the scoreboard. if mcminn wasn't coming off of two 3-7 seasons this loss wouldn't even be an issue (losing to a ranked cleveland club, at home). but unfortunately mcminn is coming off of two 3-7 seasons and EVERY loss is an issue.

but no way any knowledgeable football fan can compare last year's start to this year's. will mcminn go 3-7? i don't know. i don't think so. but making statements about coaching changes at this point is premature. this isn't the NBA where coaches get fired in mid season. like it or not, mcminn has this coaching staff for the duration of 2006. if mcminn goes 3-7, i think the coaching staff ought to resign. but that's at the end of the season. right now a true fan wouldn't make a statement that could hurt the team at this point. the players need to believe they, which includes the staff, can get the job done. if anything, despite the 1-2 start, they have shown me they will be a force in the region.

if any players are reading this, guys get the mistakes out of your system. come out and beat farragut and get this thing turned around. you have lost to two quality opponents. build on that fact. because if you can play with them, you can play with anyone.

Coaches, you're not entirely off the hook. get your head out of your a*%. yes the players fumble, the players jump offsides, etc. but as coaches that's your responsibility to have your club more disciplined. and for pete's sake get the players in shape. im tired of watching them walk around on the field. beat the admirals!

Hey 8ball I agree on your statement. I'll say in some practices i've watched them run several 100yd sprints especially after practice. I dont understand why they look out of shape especially as many players they use. They have some 2way players but not the key ones. #2 #8 need to play some D (offence coord.) they can score from the other side of the ball too.