Meigs @ East Ridge

Rt-21CBTrap

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think that this will be a close game. Meigs wins in the end, 24-20.

This could be agood close game.

Meigs is big, slow, well coached and gaining confidence. Roberts is a good field

general

ER is quicker, but soft up front and searching for its confidence. They've played a fairly brutal opening schedule.

It's at ER, so Meigs won't benefit from it's officials.(I especially liked the running clock

in the closing 90 seconds of the half against ND and the ref who refused to acknowledge the timout being called by ND coaches.) You expect that kind of thing, and good teams have to overcome them, but they do play a role.

Coach James should expect to get a few of those calls/no calls F

Friday at his place.

Meigs should win, but Coach James may pull this one out.

This could be agood close game.

Meigs is big, slow, well coached and gaining confidence. Roberts is a good field

general

ER is quicker, but soft up front and searching for its confidence. They've played a fairly brutal opening schedule.

It's at ER, so Meigs won't benefit from it's officials.(I especially liked the running clock

in the closing 90 seconds of the half against ND and the ref who refused to acknowledge the timout being called by ND coaches.) You expect that kind of thing, and good teams have to overcome them, but they do play a role.

Coach James should expect to get a few of those calls/no calls F

Friday at his place.

Meigs should win, but Coach James may pull this one out.

Clock officials have always been terrible at Meigs and more often than not it ends up hurtin the Tigers. You cant put that series all on the refs though. If ND had been movin the ball I would understand but in that 90 seconds they gained maybe 20 yards.

Clock officials have always been terrible at Meigs and more often than not it ends up hurtin the Tigers. You cant put that series all on the refs though. If ND had been movin the ball I would understand but in that 90 seconds they gained maybe 20 yards.

On that series ND went from the 20 to the 20 in about 5 plays with quick outs to the sideline and the receiver stepped out of bounds. The clock however continued to run for another three or four seconds after the play on each, effectively costing them 20 seconds or so and the clock ran out to the end the half. No way of knwoing if ND would have scored but it was pretty obvious to the officials and the crowd on both sides as the Meigs folks were laughing and the ND folks weree screaming.

Like I said, Meigs deserved to win, and that is expected at a place like Meigs and should be expected at ER. Deal with it.

On that series ND went from the 20 to the 20 in about 5 plays with quick outs to the sideline and the receiver stepped out of bounds. The clock however continued to run for another three or four seconds after the play on each, effectively costing them 20 seconds or so and the clock ran out to the end the half. No way of knwoing if ND would have scored but it was pretty obvious to the officials and the crowd on both sides as the Meigs folks were laughing and the ND folks weree screaming.

Like I said, Meigs deserved to win, and that is expected at a place like Meigs and should be expected at ER. Deal with it.

....deal with what? I backed up your statement. I said the official did a bad job. I was at the game wonderin why the clock wasnt stoppin. No sense in gettin on to me when i'm backin up your statement.

In defense of the Meigs Co. people, the clock operator is always an OLDER referee who is no longer able to get up and down the field. These "operators" are assigned with the officiating crew by the local Cleveland officials association. This association has always been BAD at not only clock operating but also in calling the game.

Man do you need some tissue paper for the crying, give me a break its football. strap it on and the best team wins, final was 25 to 7, the team who wanted it more won.

....deal with what? I backed up your statement. I said the official did a bad job. I was at the game wonderin why the clock wasnt stoppin. No sense in gettin on to me when i'm backin up your statement.

My bad. Post wasn't clear. I did not mean to impy you should deal with it. I meant the teams have

to deal with homecooking and bad calls. It's part of the game.

It's unfortunate as it does affect the game, but....