Meigs @ East Ridge

Rt-21CBTrap

The tigers are undefeated and have set their eyes on a possible region title. East Ridge is having trouble, still looking for their first win. Dont count East Ridge out just yet, Coach James is a good coach and will surely have his boys fired up. ER has a great QB in Bradford Turner. Can Meigs avoid the let down? Whats your take?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tigers are undefeated and have set their eyes on a possible region title. East Ridge is having trouble, still looking for their first win. Dont count East Ridge out just yet, Coach James is a good coach and will surely have his boys fired up. ER has a great QB in Bradford Turner. Can Meigs avoid the let down? Whats your take?

I'll pick Meigs, based on watching them against Notre-Dame. I've alluded before that Coach Martin and his staff have developed a "team" atmosphere there. Plus, although Meigs llikes to pound the ball with their solid running attack, they can throw to at least two EXCELLENT receivers in Meadows and Maddron......who both have great hands, run good routes, and block downfield very effectively. Meig's likes to blitz from different areas, and although the corners and linebackers don't have sprinter's speed, they have enough speed to press the opposing QB into making premature throws. I've watch four games of eight different teams this year, and I am impressed a lot with Meigs. They truly seem to be focused and on a mission.

Offensively, East Ridge is going to have to control the ball on long drives.....and have virtually no turnovers. Unless they can do that AND stop Meigs on the ground and in the air, they will lose this one.

This could be one heck of a ballgame, Meigs and East Ridge are two very good programs and it believe it will come down to the wire. I'm gonna have to go with East Ridge with the upset 28-21. I believe Bradford Turner is the key for East Ridge. I saw the game against Polk and man he has a cannon for an arm not to mention his great ability of running the ball

Edited by tnmaniac

Pigskin Pro Whats your take on Bradford Turner Q.B. and Kicker Chris Sells from East Ridge. Will they be playing on Saturdays?

I've not covered the Chattanooga area a lot this year yet, other than Ooltewah. But I am aware of Mr. Turner. I hope to actually see him play in person this year so I can analyze a lot of things about him. He's a good QB and probably one of the top 3 in the Chattanooga area. I believe he can play on Saturday's, although I believe it "may" be as a defensive back, and it may be at a UTC or some smaller school. And I do not say that as being anything wrong with UTC or other smaller programs. As you know, Terrell Owens came out of UTC.

Bradford's QB stock could rise by throwing for more yards - both short and long.....but mostly by "leading" his team to an upset or two.

I don't know anything on Mr. Sells yet. I know here are a lot of good kickers in the Knoxville area who are being looked at.

MC by 3 TD's

...The way Meigs Co. has been playing lately, I would be very surprised if they lost this game!!!