ELIZABETHTON CYCLONES VS. SULLIVAN NORTH RAIDERS

TellTheTruth2004

Thought we might bust a new thread on the game without cutting the players or the coaches? A few of them is about to bleed to death. :o

Sullivan North 3-0 with wins over Volunteer, Sullivan East and D. Crockett

Elizabethton 0-3 with losses to Dobyns-Bennett, Science Hill and TN High

Maybe some game thoughts without all the hating :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another big O line for Elizabethton to face. North is another team that runs first and passes only when that absolutely have to. So fare they have been very successful with their running attach but haven’t gone up against a defense at the standards of what they will see Friday. I might add that they had a difficult time moving the ball against Sullivan East (East with a much smaller front than the Cyclones). But if the Cyclones don’t strap it on and get tough on the interior D line and linebacker positions this could be a brawl…and you could be eating football all night long. Because the Raiders sure-nough have the backs that will shove it down your throat if you don't establish yourself EARLY. To “tell the truth” I think they will strap it on and shut some mouths this Friday. Elizabethton has to much speed at the receiver position…match that with a QB with an arm and you’ve got BOMBS AWAY… and there is nothing North can do about it! If North makes adjustments to compensate, Preston will either have 200 yards rushing or the flair pass will be money all night long.

North is playing with alot of pride this season. Their new coach came in on short notice and really picked the guys up and got them moving. All of the Raider family deserves a pat on the back for hangin' tough and thier early success.

Elizabethon comes in after a 'too tough, too early' schedule which has brought on some bad feelings amongst players, coaches and fans alike. I think the players are ready to nail thier first 'W' for the season and they feel good about the game. Fans, coaches........get out of the way and let them do thier thing!

North may jump out early but the Cylcones will clench thier 'W' this Friday!

Fighting Cyclones 27

Sullivan North 14

For you Cylcones......

A little clip from Elizabethton Baseball Coach Gil Payne (now bb coach/Athletic Director) nearing the end of one of the most successful baseball campaigns in Elizabethon High School history this past year:

"The big reason we got to this point is the lack of egos and the team concept. They bought in to it. They've done it all year and havn't worried about individual stats. Its very rare to find that."

"It was good to get punched in the mouth early because I wanted to see how this team would react and they battled back."

Buy into it.......CYCLONE PRIDE!!!

Edited by GLee

You got that right, aint no one on this end worrying about stats, its team ball all the way and I tell you what, Raiders will be ready to battle. No egos, no problem, they feel good about themselves and they can handle the passes and speed you have. I Guarantee this will be a great game on both sides. Thanks for the pat on the back. I have been telling everyone and no one listens to me lol. I have to say I tol ya so. Anyway good luck guys on both sides. Have a good safe battle.And thats all you will hear from the Raider Fans on here cause we didnt want to touch that other thread with a 10 foot pole. That was a not nice thing going and and we didnt want to get in on that.

coach norris is a good coach he will have north ready but the cyclones are a good team that just got overwhelmed with their early schedual db science hill and tn high are all good football teams but i think north has the mental edge just bc they have been winning i call a close one 17 21 north

I believe that the week off came at an really good time for Betsy considering their schedule to open up the season. They have by far played the toughest schedule in their confrence at this point and I believe it will show this friday night. I look for them to do what they want on offense in the passing game since North will not bring the pressure that they have faced the last two games.I'm looking for Betsy to get in the win column and start righting the ship. It will be tough for North to win at Betsy. Cyclones by 8.

North has always had enough talent to be competative, and was right there in all there games but one last year.They lost some really good players last year,but also have alot of really good players coming back.They r a very solid ballclub from top to bottom and have a little more depth than most think.They can pass but havent had to, and their secondary is much improved.This game shapes up alot like last years both teams coming in with about the same records and schedules.I look 4 a game alot like last years, North moved the ball all up and down the field but kept shooting itself in the foot.That will be the difference this year, this team has the right attitude and has a coach that truly understands much more to the game than x's and o's.They won't make the same mistakes as last years team did and lose games they should win.They understand what energy and momentum means to the game.North will finish it's drives this year, Betsy will make some big plays,but will they make enough? North 28 Betsy 21.

Edited by backinblack