ELIZABETHTON CYCLONES VS. SULLIVAN NORTH RAIDERS

TellTheTruth2004

Great Job Cyclones! We finally got one under our belt. It sure werent purty. I think we got every penelty called except roughing the kicker. sloppy game by both, But i loved the no quit attitude by both teams. Cyclones could have been up by 14 if it weren't for a penelty, and North never quit. when will the coaches realize they need a good soild ball carrier, who will run hard and cover the ball? At the end of the game we could have used one of the old fullbacks, Harmon, or AJ or Jordan to run hard and straight and protect the ball, insted of giving North free shots at the QB. He gets banged up enough already. tonight I saw some hint of the old Harmon good hits by both linebackers. Good job by all. get ready to go to Greenville this week, and bring home a big WIN.

Lets go VOLS

Hook um Horns

Edited by cyclonehorns

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first half was one of the worst halves of football in history. The second half was better.

North is slow but big and their QB is their whole team.

EHS killed theirselves a bunch but got help on the late hit on Smith that gave them the first instead of 4th and 19 and the pass inf on 4th down.

A bad team gives teams chances to stay in the game and both teams did that.

If I was grading the Back Judge Offical I would not give him an A,B or C.

Why can't EHS line up right on a PAT? Every week in seems they have 10 or 12 on the field and waste on Timeout(they waste timeouts anyway) you cannot blame that on a tough schedule.

It was a win but I got more questions about them now than I did two weeks ago.

I am leaning towards Johnson County for 3rd and EHS should get 4th because Erwin and Central are awful and they SHOULD beat East and lose to South.

Edited by rvd

as far as the altercation between the elizabethton coach and our parent - it happened. first of all no betsy coach had any business hanging around in our lockerroom area and no parent had any business saying anything to a betsy coach.

What happened and who was involved?

as far as the altercation between the elizabethton coach and our parent - it happened. first of all no betsy coach had any business hanging around in our lockerroom area and no parent had any business saying anything to a betsy coach.

What happened and who was involved?

a parent chased after coach hambrick and was yelling at him, (while his little girl was at his side, and scared.) and saying so much crap and all coach hambrick, like i love them good calls you made and saying how he makes all the calls.and all coach hambrick said was buddy i had nothing to do with it. and the parent kept following him and harrassing him. while coach pless' wife was getting yelled at by one of the players. the player bought started a fight with John Morrow. #76 for EHS. and they were basically being really horrible sports. i am sorry they lost but better luck to them next time and learn some class!

GO CYCLONES!!

Well great game last night for both teams. They both played their hearts out!!! Wonderful effort. All i have to say is hard practice is needed!! and Sullivan North needs to learn class, and how to be a good sport.

I do have a question but this is suppose to be a positive thing. and someone's daddy might get mad if i do ask...

Cyclones-21

North-17

^close to my prediction. 3 points off on north!

GO CYCLONES!!!!

Well great game last night for both teams. They both played their hearts out!!! Wonderful effort. All i have to say is hard practice is needed!! and Sullivan North needs to learn class, and how to be a good sport.

I do have a question but this is suppose to be a positive thing. and someone's daddy might get mad if i do ask...

Cyclones-21

North-17

You know that you are supposed to call me with dumb blonde questions. :thumb:

We kept this game close for them. Three TDs called back for the Cylcones. Much better effort all around. Let's correct the problems and look forward to next Friday night.

As far as problems with North.........it's football and you get hit out there. The Raiders are a top notch outfit and their coach is to be commended for coming in so late and putting this team together. You have to look at the entire team as far as class and I would hope we would be seen the same way. As teams, this was a head knocking, class game. Tough loss, good win. Good luck....

a parent chased after coach hambrick and was yelling at him, (while his little girl was at his side, and scared.) and saying so much crap and all coach hambrick, like i love them good calls you made and saying how he makes all the calls.and all coach hambrick said was buddy i had nothing to do with it. and the parent kept following him and harrassing him. while coach pless' wife was getting yelled at by one of the players. the player bought started a fight with John Morrow. #76 for EHS. and they were basically being really horrible sports. i am sorry they lost but better luck to them next time and learn some class!

GO CYCLONES!!

Class? In Bloomingdale? Now that's funny.

North is like any other school they have kids and parents who show class and some that don't.I'm not going to say anything bout the game other than both teams played hard and at times was a physical game. Both teams got breaks and had oppertunities.The only thing i had a problem with was sending a man to blindside and take the kicker "who happened to be the qb" out on every kickoff. Anybody knows that when a guy first kicks a kickoff he's on one foot and off balance when he comes down and completely vulnerable much like a punt. To have somebody t-off and come immidiately straight for him wide open from his backside and just cream him was classless. And was meant to do nothing but try to hurt him or beat him down.It was by design that kid was coached to do that.If it wasnt meant to hurt the kid they would have sent somebody from the frontside or somebody head up, but it wasn't it was from the backside and he drilled him in the back every kickoff no sooner than his feet would hit the ground.He got flagged for on the last one but only after the coaches had raised the refs attention to what was going on.That was a classless move and if a parent had a problem with someone trying to hurt there kid then i don't see what the big deal was giving one of your coaches a earfull about it.Your own coach stated that he wasn't the one who made that call.I've never had any problems with anyone personally from Betsy and have always found a mutual respect with any i have met from there. I have great respect for Betsy it's program and the people there, but for whoever did make that call i have no respect for and it was a pitiful and classless act.As for the Betsy team, good luck on the rest of your season and u guy's do have a very good football team.

Edited by backinblack

Thank you Back In Black, even tho I didnt go after anyone, lol, I sure wanted to. It was my kid they were keying on and yes he came up fighting after 3 of them pulled his helmet off and punched him in the nose as well as all of the crap with the kickoffs. It just showed how tough he was. We all know what happened with this game so lets go on to the new one and hope that this doesnt beat anyones spirit. Class yeah you guys dont have any room to talk after what happened over there. But I do appreciate the players that pulled that stunt apologizing after the game to him. And I do appreciate your coach calling and letting us know that he wished his kids were like ours. So take that thought to the bank and have a good season. And one other thought, that last touchdown, your qb was out of bounds when he threw the ball. It was no good and the line judge was arguing with the back offcial over it. I just want everyone to know the truth about that game. Both teams fought to the end. And as for the parent and coach that were going at it, It was a parent that didnt have a kid that played in the game, he was sticking up for the things that were done. I do have a problem with a coach sending a certain player and it was the same one every time doing it out to hurt my kid. But I didnt say anything about it because I wouldnt embarrass my son for the world. The way he plays says everything about him that anyone needs to know. I have taught him to be tough because he is small. But tell ya what hes got a big heart and it shows in his game. And thats all i need to say about it anymore. Good luck because you are going to need it. This conference is tough.

Edited by recruitguru