early calls

bosox52104

FCS is still looking pretty good.......But I don't think they'll win it all. They still haven't beaten TC. I know TC is having a down year, but when they get their guys back from injury, they'll be playing better. Plus, if you know anything about TC, you know they always, always, always, bring it come playoff time, in every sport, especially football. Let's put it this way: if and when TC gets into the playoffs, they're gonna be a heck of a 4 seed to have to play in the first round.....All that being said, if I had to pick a champion right now, it would be South Pitt. But I expect this year's 1A playoffs to be full of suprises, because unlike in years past, there's not really a clear-cut favorite.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FCS is still looking pretty good.......But I don't think they'll win it all. They still haven't beaten TC. I know TC is having a down year, but when they get their guys back from injury, they'll be playing better. Plus, if you know anything about TC, you know they always, always, always, bring it come playoff time, in every sport, especially football. Let's put it this way: if and when TC gets into the playoffs, they're gonna be a heck of a 4 seed to have to play in the first round.....All that being said, if I had to pick a champion right now, it would be South Pitt. But I expect this year's 1A playoffs to be full of suprises, because unlike in years past, there's not really a clear-cut favorite.

Actually, I think there are 2 clear cut favorites - FCS and South Pitt. The winner of that game in the playoffs will win it all. :ph34r:

Well we at Greenback have seen the number 1 team in th estate and they beat us bad, of course were not any good this year and thats putting it lightly. I would have to say that South Pitt is the number 1 team. But we still have to play Coalfield, Onidea,and Midway. this has to be 1 of the tuffest regions in the state. You cant count out Harriaman , and Sunbright either. This class is one that has reguraly been won by eastern Tn. over middle and west Tn. They just seem not to be able to handle the big east.

Incredible the amount of untruths written on Coach T. This statement made me wonder exactly how the different parts of the state have done in class 1A so I went to the TSSAA website and here are the results:

East Tennessee - Zero State Championships and 1 runner up in the past 14 years

Region 1 - State runner up in 2001 Cloudland

Region 2 - No appearances in since at least 1993

Chattanooga 3 State Chpionships and 2 runners up the past 14 years.

Region 3 - South Pitt Champ in 94, 99. Boyd Buchannon champs in 03. Runners up in 2002, 2004.

Middle Tennessee - 10 state Champions and 3 runner-ups in the past 14 years.

Region 4 - Trousdale Co. Champs in 93,97, 98, 05

Region 5 - Clarksville Academy runners up in 97

Region 6 - Moore Co runner up in 99

Also from Middle Tennessee but no longer in class 1A

BGA - Champions in 1995

Ezell Harding - Champions in 2001

Donelson Christian - Champions in 1996, 2004, Runners up in 2003

Christ Prebyterian - Champions in 2000, 2002

West Tennessee Zero State Champions and 7 runner -ups in the past 14 years.

Region 7 - Union City Runners up 2005, University School Jackson runners up 2000, 98, 93, Bruceton Runners up in 95, Lake Co runners up in 94.

Region 8 - St. Benedict runners up 96.

How can anyone state that East Tennessee regularly wins this class 1A?

As for who is best this year, no one will know until December! However, if I were gambling I'd bet on someone from Chattanooga or Middle Tennessee since they are the only ones with championships in 1A since at least 1993.

Edited by Volzchamps

yea that's what i here but you better watch out for this little ole country school jbhs again which should be the no, 1 team with the best record of all of the school's over the last 2 yrs, 17-1 how many other's can say that :ph34r: so i would not say best in the state not just yet

That one loss you refer to was at the hands of a mediocre Union City team who was crushed by Region 4 champion Trousdale Co 52-14 in the Championship Game. Be glad you get to play against against West Tennessee in the playoffs instead of against Region 3 or 4 teams. Be very glad! :ph34r:

Incredible the amount of untruths written on Coach T. This statement made me wonder exactly how the different parts of the state have done in class 1A so I went to the TSSAA website and here are the results:

East Tennessee - [/color]Zero State Championships and 1 runner up in the past 14 years

Region 1 - State runner up in 2001 Cloudland

Region 2 - No appearances in since at least 1993

Chattanooga 3 State Chpionships and 2 runners up the past 14 years.

Region 3 - South Pitt Champ in 94, 99. Boyd Buchannon champs in 03. Runners up in 2002, 2004.

Middle Tennessee - 10 state Champions and 3 runner-ups in the past 14 years.

Region 4 - Trousdale Co. Champs in 93,97, 98, 05

Region 5 - Clarksville Academy runners up in 97

Region 6 - Moore Co runner up in 99

Also from Middle Tennessee but no longer in class 1A

BGA - Champions in 1995

Ezell Harding - Champions in 2001

Donelson Christian - Champions in 1996, 2004, Runners up in 2003

Christ Prebyterian - Champions in 2000, 2002

West Tennessee Zero State Champions and 7 runner -ups in the past 14 years.

Region 7 - Union City Runners up 2005, University School Jackson runners up 2000, 98, 93, Bruceton Runners up in 95, Lake Co runners up in 94.

Region 8 - St. Benedict runners up 96.

How can anyone state that East Tennessee regularly wins this class 1A?

As for who is best this year, no one will know until December! However, if I were gambling I'd bet on someone from Chattanooga or Middle Tennessee since they are the only ones with championships in 1A since at least 1993.

East bracket,regions 1 2 3 and 4. 4 is the toughest bracket in the state. Region 5 was before the multiplier.