Union City @ South Fulton

Devil_Alumni

It will be a waste of time, nobody knew how good UC or westview was when they played, so that wasn't a waste of time. Now the Milan game was pretty much a waste of time, that's why Milan will not be on the UC schedule next year from what I hear. Anything can happen between OC and UC so that wasn't a waste of time. But everyone in west tennesse knows union city will dominate South Fulton without a doubt.

I didn't include this in my last post but Union City WILL beat Mckenzie *IF* UC'S secondary can step-up just a little bit, just watch. But this week we just have to sit back and watch UC's starters run all over SF for about a quarter and a half and then watch the freshman run all over south fulton.

There are no senseless game in intramural sports. U have to play good teams to be good. If all u played was teams beneath you your level of play or talent so to speak will never increase. It sounds like SF is going through growing pains with young players. What they don't need is thier fans or thier rivals counting them out. And this just in from this OLE REBEL FAN bring Union Cities secondary we will beat u on the ground and with special teams. But, until you shut down the leading receiver in West Tennesse last season Glenn "BUGS" Smith u don't have a secondary to brag about so shut ur hole and we will see in Union City soon.

GOOD LUCK SOUTH FULTON FROM THE MCKENZIE REBELS.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no senseless game in intramural sports. U have to play good teams to be good. If all u played was teams beneath you your level of play or talent so to speak will never increase. It sounds like SF is going through growing pains with young players. What they don't need is thier fans or thier rivals counting them out. And this just in from this OLE REBEL FAN bring Union Cities secondary we will beat u on the ground and with special teams. But, until you shut down the leading receiver in West Tennesse last season Glenn "BUGS" Smith u don't have a secondary to brag about so shut ur hole and we will see in Union City soon.

Look here " Butchie". Union City has a little suprise up their sleeve that will be new to ALL. Just waiting on the other Rebels to come to town, the Rebels that count. Flood will be ready and the secondary will be ready as well. This will be for the regional championship more than likely. Looking for a very good game from both and whoever jumps out to a early lead will be the team to beat that night. No, Union City really can't hang with the upper classes right now but McKenzie is a drop down as well.

Go U C!!!!

Look here " Butchie". Union City has a little suprise up their sleeve that will be new to ALL. Just waiting on the other Rebels to come to town, the Rebels that count. Flood will be ready and the secondary will be ready as well. This will be for the regional championship more than likely. Looking for a very good game from both and whoever jumps out to a early lead will be the team to beat that night. No, Union City really can't hang with the upper classes right now but McKenzie is a drop down as well.

Go U C!!!!

There's nothing like good ole smack talking and i'm a pro. I hope for a good performance from both teams and an all out effort. But, of course, a BIG OLE REBEL WIN. and seriously no injuries good luck union city you'll need it.

Well last year you had the best QB in West Tennessee and you had the leading receiver in West Tennessee last season in ol' bugs and that didn't stop UC from beatin yall. SO until you shut down the TORNADOES u don't have any room to brag so shut YOUR hole. This should be a great game and i am looking forward to seeing this match-up. ,,,johnnyutah u are goin to right them plays and kick the field goals like nevre before friday. You are also goin to let me take a look at the NECK for u.....

Go U C!!!!

Yes Mckenzie is a drop down but they showed last Friday night by beating Huntingdon at Huntringdon and gave them all they could handle.And as of right now Mckenzie could hang in AA. And if yall couldnt do anything against Westview then its not gonna look good for yall.

So back to SF, Redmanparent, do u know anything else about Avent if he moved or not. Wish the best of luck to both teams and for an injury free game.

Yes Mckenzie is a drop down but they showed last Friday night by beating Huntingdon at Huntringdon and gave them all they could handle.And as of right now Mckenzie could hang in AA. And if yall couldnt do anything against Westview then its not gonna look good for yall.

So back to SF, Redmanparent, do u know anything else about Avent if he moved or not. Wish the best of luck to both teams and for an injury free game.

Well, well, well !!!!!! Lets see..... I believe that Union City made it to the Single A finals last year and yes got their butts whipped. We also lost to every team that was in a classification above Union City. Whipped by a team that had just dropped from AAA to A classification. Yes, the Union City program is down right now and will take a few years to get back up like it was in the 90's. We have a strong 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th grade with major size coming up with that. Can any of you say that you have been to the finals in AA & A bass in the last 10 years? We do have " Silver " footballs in our trophy case to show for that. I know each of your teams would have given anything to go and even get beat 100 to 0 but that hasn't happen yet for you. I know with the Mckenzie Rebels that the records you set against Union City are there but along the same lines our record does go down as a team effort at runner-up in Class A in 2005. Yes, Union City has taken their licks and the best overall shown team with class, fundimentals and respect goes to the Rebels of Obion County. We may loose to Mckenzie and we may not but we won't be down long. The ole bumper sticker says, " Union City doesn't rebuild, we reload.

Go Union City, Obion County and the South Fulton Red Devils!!

Said in the paper tonite that Avent's future was uncertain......According to Coach Wood......

By the way....Did you catch the article about coachT.com tonite??????

Well last year you had the best QB in West Tennessee and you had the leading receiver in West Tennessee last season in ol' bugs and that didn't stop UC from beatin yall. SO until you shut down the TORNADOES u don't have any room to brag so shut YOUR hole. This should be a great game and i am looking forward to seeing this match-up. ,,,johnnyutah u are goin to right them plays and kick the field goals like nevre before friday. You are also goin to let me take a look at the NECK for u.....

Well this just in the defense we wanted last yr to go with Drew and Bugs didn't come to the game. But we found em. See ya soon.

Thats good that Derek isnt out for the season. But the back up Harris did a great job filling in the first few games and has improved a tremendous amount from his Freshman year. If the players and coaches can make it through these last 5 weeks of this season and keep everyone healthy it will detinitely contribute to the next few years for these young guys. Good luck Devils and if they can stick together through this long season they will be just fine.

I hear Avant is already in Lexington, KY...too bad for you guys...that will cut down on the speed department a little

I graduated from South Fulton and was fortunate enough to play on some pretty talented teams. Here is my assessment and I'll carefully word this in order to keep it respectable. South Fulton, especially before the reclassification, had an unusual amount of talent for a small single A school. This goes for football, basketball, and baseball. And not unlike other small schools, there was no way to field a team that is loaded with talent from top to bottom year in and year out. Because of that, a coach should have a game plan that capitalizes on his team's strengths and does not expose their weaknesses. In the aforementioned sports, especially football and basketball, South Fulton has used the same schemes and plays for as long as I can remember. Football, sweep, kick, scissors, belly pass, fullback dive, double pass. If it is a big game, there will most likely be a reverse ran on a kick-off return. Basketball, although this is not a basketball board, was a simple motion offense against a man defense and a 2 man motion offense with baseline roller to combat a zone. No South Fulton Head Coach stresses the importance of weight training and conditioning, especially in the off season, with the exception of small spurts of circuit training for a period during school. South Fulton athletics has long ridden the coattails of superior talent to achieve their success. If I am not mistaken, Coach Wood has a losing record for his career. I will not get in the whole basketball debacle. Am I a player who had bad experiences with the coaches? Far from it. I personally have no qualms stemming from sports when it comes to either man. That is just my view on things from both inside and outside the locker room. I wish South Fulton sports the best of luck. To the players who read this, get hungry and remember the taste in your mouth. If losing like this doesn't bother you, quit. If it does, don't blame anyone but yourself. If coach doesn't make you lift, do it on your own. If you mess up in film and you see it, work on it on your on. Just because the coaches aren't around doesn't mean you can't practice and make yourself better. Players lace up for practice and game days. Athletes stay laced up and don't confine themselves to only team practices to get better. It’s a long road, ride it out. Take your hits, get up, and line back up and do it again. You will never win unless you want to, and a lot of your attitudes and work ethics are sickening to many former players. If this offends you, chances are I'm talking to you. Again, lace them up and get better. I promise you that there is nothing better than raising a trophy, knowing you did it yourself and the work paid off.

Edited by dynasty03