Rankings Week 5

mjuhb

As most of you realize, a lot of things can influence the result of a single match. The teams that are well-coached, conditioned, with a good distribution of talent will advance till the final game...year after year.

The weekly poll is for entertainment. MJUB really does an incredible job every week. No one has an opportunity to see every team play every game, let alone in other states. Think about it.

Don't forget about Bearden and Farragut.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol!! you're not going to make friends with very many soccer coaches this way...

oh well they'll get over it i have not gotten any hate e-mail yet

did it make neal mad or something

i wish i could come see you tomorrow but i have terrible sunburn that i got this weekend in winchester

just ask my dad about my sunburn

Edited by mjuhb

Poor soccer or parity - however you describe it - I think it makes for a more exciting season. Rather than 1-2 dominant teams there is about 12 -13 out there all on a somewhat equal level and it seems any one of them could win it all. It gets boring real fast when you know early in the season who is #1.

I think you have hit it right on the head. There are more girls than ever playing club soccer and that talent is showing up in more high schools. There are more new high schools so talent is being spread out too. Independence,

Ravenwood, Siegel etc. Parity is what is happening not bad soccer. I think it's exciting and TN high school soccer as a whole is improving. I would encurage mjuhb to give aaa rankings a shot, again its for fun!

:D

From another thread

There was no difference in the Baylor and CPS game, from the Houston game, other than wanting it. Shelton has said it before, "our greatest enemy is ourselves." No player made a huge difference in the games; it was heart. In the first two games, Siegel's touches and passes were horrible, and they didn't step up for a single 50/50. It was obvious that none of them wanted it, and that changed in the Germantown game. Shelton had a great talk before the game, and everyone was actually focused, and wanted it badly. That was clear just from watching Siegel's defense in front of their goal. No bashing on Prescott, because she's a great assest to the team and a wonderful player, but Siegel is a much more versatile team than to be dependent on one player for an entire outcome of a game.

our greatest enemy is ourselves

i think alot of teams have that problem from what i saw with my team this weekend thats our problem too

most of the time this season i have seen teams instead of playing soccer team soccer thier has just been what i call I SOCCER

I SOCCER: is when a player doesn't make a extra pass or cross the player just go's for goal and get's nothing this happens alot when you play weak teams

but this forms bad habbits when you play strong teams

the 2nd problem is some teams have half select team players and other non select

teams that try to run systems that require a high skill level and than its half in half skilled players and nonskilled players than coaches wonder why they lose because the other half of your team doesn't have the skills and fundamentals to keep up with the other players

From another thread

our greatest enemy is ourselves

i think alot of teams have that problem from what i saw with my team this weekend thats our problem too

most of the time this season i have seen teams instead of playing soccer team soccer thier has just been what i call I SOCCER

I SOCCER: is when a player doesn't make a extra pass or cross the player just go's for goal and get's nothing this happens alot when you play weak teams

but this forms bad habbits when you play strong teams

the 2nd problem is some teams have half select team players and other non select

teams that try to run systems that require a high skill level and than its half in half skilled players and nonskilled players than coaches wonder why they lose because the other half of your team doesn't have the skills and fundamentals to keep up with the other players

I think this is why high school coaches deserve more credit than they receive. I think it is tough to convince the select players to play simple and show the way for the less skilled players. I think they put to much on their shoulders instead of relaxing and playing within the system.

I remember watching a team last year with 3 club players from the same team. Constantly they would pass the ball to eachother, even if it wasn't the best decision. The team took its losses early, but as soon as they began to play as a complete team and share the ball, the wins started to pile up. They ended up losing in the finals to another good team. Neither team had the best players in the state, but both played the best team soccer.

Moral to the story, sometimes even a flat tire is better than no tire.

Hopefully the teams will come together before the season ends and we will get to see some good soccer.

Who was the best team ? Collierville looked pretty good to me last year .

Houston was the best team throughout the year. There really wasn't a question about that. Collierville was a very good team and played better at the time of the state tournament. But Houston was better. They had a problem with players wanting ( or not wanting) to take PK's in the semi-final. Wrong players went to the mark. Otherwise they could have won two in a row. this is going to be an exciting year. Oak Ridge, Collierville, Brentwood, Houston, Franklin, siegel have all proven they can be beaten. Makes for a great seven matches in Chattanooga.

Houston was the best team throughout the year. There really wasn't a question about that.

I got to see the "big 4" in AAA from last year play more than once. There certainly was a question about who had the better team! The Houston team was the most physical team I saw but lacked overall team speed which is one of the reasons they didn't make state.

I got to see the "big 4" in AAA from last year play more than once. There certainly was a question about who had the better team! The Houston team was the most physical team I saw but lacked overall team speed which is one of the reasons they didn't make state.

What do you consider "not making state"? Not playing in the final game? Or does making it to Chattanooga qualify?

Houston made it to the semi-finals last year and lost in PK's. The final four in pretty impressive. They were physical last year and are again this year. They have challenges scoring, but are VERY WELL coached. They will find a way to win. Maybe not state, but they will be there at the end with the final eight teams. Maybe final four again.