Oneida after 5 games

cornpone

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i wouldnt call williamsburg a very good team but there quarterback was pretty good but coalfield is a pretty good team. Alright oneidas defense is pretty good hasnt gave up a lot of points this year but it comes down to how there offense is going to do so we will see how good there offense improves over this bye week and hopefully it will and maybe they can come up wid a big win against midway which is a pretty good team now i dont think they will beat york like p22 said they will run the ball down ur throat and they have a pretty good team all around and sunbright is a pretty good team this year and they may have chance of beating them but i think they will destroy greenback but u got to think back greenback always gives oneida a good game so we will have to see.

Several Region Championships, Final Fours, and State Champs..........Yeah I can understand why that is hard to respect.

Coalfield and Williamsburg, Ky are very good football teams.

i would respect oneida if they played good teams but you can win all the state championships you want but if your playing teams like wartburg and oakdale and you should be in 2a then i don't respect you and oneida only missed going to 2a by 9 students

Didn't it, though? I'm sure that won't be the last time we see it this year.

I pretty much agree with Kaz's assessment. The defense is solid and will keep Oneida in every game they play this year. The offense has looked very good at times, and not good a other times. The components are there — I keep going back to the Wartburg score; Halfway in, Oneida has still scored more against Wartburg than anyone else, and the Dawgs have played some good teams. I realize they came out and laid down against Oneida, but let's give the Indians some credit. The components are there; there just needs to be a little more consistency, some continued improvement on the O-line, and some minor tweaking with the passing game. Oneida could wind up second in the region and earn the opportunity to host their first playoff game in several years, or they could miss the playoffs entirely. It's going to be a very interesting October, that is for sure.

Wartburg stinks if ur going to brag bout oneida say sumthin bout there d or sumthin but dont bring up wartburg and brag bout how much they beat them by they stink oneidas O is still developing they scored that much on wartburg cause wartburg stinks and yes wartburg might have played some good teams but they probably just took it easy on them cause they felt sry for them and wanted to give them a chance but i have to say oneidas defense has proven itself but its offense hasnt yet they showed a lil more of improvement oakdale gettin the ball more to zack lambert and i think that is who they should go to and yes tommy b i do think 2 that oneida should be put into 2a.

i would respect oneida if they played good teams but you can win all the state championships you want but if your playing teams like wartburg and oakdale and you should be in 2a then i don't respect you and oneida only missed going to 2a by 9 students

Just so you will know a little bit about Oneida......The 92' State Championship Team was 1A but the team that went to the Final Four in 94' was in 2A. The team that went to the Final Four in 97' lost to Trousdale Co., who won back to back championships.

When you beat teams like South Pittsburg, Trousdale Co, and BGA.......I wouldn't call them pushovers.

When the time comes for Oneida to play 2A again then I promise you they will not cry and complain, they will just strap it up and play the games.

Edited by youdontknowme

It looks like tommyb's skin is starting to show. Perhaps it is the "by 9 students...." or "if playing teams like Oakdale (sorry thats a district game) and Wartburg (doesn't it make any sense, at all, to play teams in surrounding counties?). Why don't you just broadcast your alliegance. :P Man, you need to wake up and smell the crap your reeking! You can make Oneida out to be a Metropolis with a huge school and students spilling out all over, but the fact is it's just a small town in a rural area that does the best it can with what it's got. Isn't that the same thing everyone does. Count students, janitors, faculty, and administrators if you want, you just wish us to be a little fish in a big pond. We are aligned with schools of like size and like competitors, obviously you can't sleep with that at night! Get a life, pea brain!

:P Kaz :thumb:

Edited by kazam37

Well i wouldnt call williamsburg a very good team but there quarterback was pretty good but coalfield is a pretty good team. Alright oneidas defense is pretty good hasnt gave up a lot of points this year but it comes down to how there offense is going to do so we will see how good there offense improves over this bye week and hopefully it will and maybe they can come up wid a big win against midway which is a pretty good team now i dont think they will beat york like p22 said they will run the ball down ur throat and they have a pretty good team all around and sunbright is a pretty good team this year and they may have chance of beating them but i think they will destroy greenback but u got to think back greenback always gives oneida a good game so we will have to see.

hey bass I said `try` to run the ball down their throat. they have to do it first. I think any team at any time can be beaten including york and fulton. that's why they play the games. and I'm gonna lose a lotta sleep worryin' bout you and tommy b's opinon of oneida and 2a. you can't change the rotation of the world you just gotta ride it out. I truly hope you guys run the table.

It looks like tommyb's skin is starting to show. Perhaps it is the "by 9 students...." or "if playing teams like Oakdale (sorry thats a district game) and Wartburg (doesn't it make any sense, at all, to play teams in surrounding counties?). Why don't you just broadcast your alliegance. :lol: Man, you need to wake up and smell the crap your reeking! You can make Oneida out to be a Metropolis with a huge school and students spilling out all over, but the fact is it's just a small town in a rural area that does the best it can with what it's got. Isn't that the same thing everyone does. Count students, janitors, faculty, and administrators if you want, you just wish us to be a little fish in a big pond. We are aligned with schools of like size and like competitors, obviously you can't sleep with that at night! Get a life, pea brain!

:lol: Kaz B)

yeah like you play teams with like schedules look at oakdale their smaller than almost all middle schools so you get a like pea brain

It looks like tommyb's skin is starting to show. Perhaps it is the "by 9 students...." or "if playing teams like Oakdale (sorry thats a district game) and Wartburg (doesn't it make any sense, at all, to play teams in surrounding counties?). Why don't you just broadcast your alliegance. :lol: Man, you need to wake up and smell the crap your reeking! You can make Oneida out to be a Metropolis with a huge school and students spilling out all over, but the fact is it's just a small town in a rural area that does the best it can with what it's got. Isn't that the same thing everyone does. Count students, janitors, faculty, and administrators if you want, you just wish us to be a little fish in a big pond. We are aligned with schools of like size and like competitors, obviously you can't sleep with that at night! Get a life, pea brain!

:rolleyes: Kaz :lol:

now lets not put off on tommyb. yea it does make sense to play teams in surrounding counties whether or not they are in the same region. so i guess you dont consider scott a surrounding county or school really? hey wartburg plays catholic and their not in the same region. but lets not talk about oneida and scott high. and come on lets not brag about our win against oakdale. yea oneida does the best with what they got and they get a lot more than scott does. so dont wine about how you do the best you can with what you got.

now lets not put off on tommyb. yea it does make sense to play teams in surrounding counties whether or not they are in the same region. so i guess you dont consider scott a surrounding county or school really? hey wartburg plays catholic and their not in the same region. but lets not talk about oneida and scott high. and come on lets not brag about our win against oakdale. yea oneida does the best with what they got and they get a lot more than scott does. so dont wine about how you do the best you can with what you got.

well said aceofspades.

:thumb: .......so you get a LIKE pea brain?!?! Don't you ever read your post after you write it, so you don't come across as a little uneduacated? :thumb: My point is this........we all play district assignments according to TSSAA rules, the Scott Co. - Oneida Football game was nullified by politics years ago, people are obsessed with their own personnal situations which clouds all rational thoughts, and don't climb the scheduling "ladder" because everyone tries to create favorable schedules. Oneida doesn't get MORE than Scott Co. does? How can you make such a statement? Scott can put anyone on their schedule in a non-region game, this year that is York, Taft, and ?....the Indians non-region games are York, Williamsburg, and Wartburg. There isn't a world of difference in the two's non-region games on paper. Big schools play big schools......littler school play little schools. I guess the TSSAA realized that would probably be a little more fair. Apples....Oranges.....it really depends on what fruit your eating, now doesn't it!

:lol: Kazzo

Edited by kazam37