• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RB Gary Tucker Brainerd Rebels, UC & Miami Dolphins

RB Patrick Flanagan Ooltewah

QB Shane Mathews Red Bank & Louisville

Josh & Daniel Bullocks Hixson, Nebraska, NO & DET

Marty Lowe is the quarterback you're thinking of, from Red Bank. Dee Parker, a tight end from Red Bank, was one of the best ever athletes from Chattanooga, but couldn't resist getting in trouble and likely is still in jail.

He has 2000 more rushing yards than anyone else in the city. He had a full-ride to Vandy and then they got a new coach and he took that away. He went to UTC on full-scholorship and played for 2 years. All of the yards that he racked up was in 5a football. Not 1a.

I never heard of him getting an offer from Vandy, just recruited by them, but I'll take your word for it. There are prospects from every classification, he played 5A defenses but also had 5A offensive linemen in front of him. Eddie Moore could have produced in any class and played 1A.

Eddie Moore was a better running back than Flanagan.

Flanagan was a hard nose runner, a 4.0 student, and has very religious values he was a great role model for all of us. If you have the career city rushing record and such leadership qualities as this young man has Patrick Flanagan belongs in the top 10. He was better than Gerald Riggs IMHO. The size difference played the significant roll in the two. If we measured the heart Patrick was an Giant. If you never watched him play the game you really missed out on this legend of the gridiron. Go Owl!

Flanagan was a hard nose runner, a 4.0 student, and has very religious values he was a great role model for all of us. If you have the career city rushing record and such leadership qualities as this young man has Patrick Flanagan belongs in the top 10. He was better than Gerald Riggs IMHO. The size difference played the significant roll in the two. If we measured the heart Patrick was an Giant. If you never watched him play the game you really missed out on this legend of the gridiron. Go Owl!

I never had the chance to meet Patrick but i heard he was a great kid with good religous veiws and not to mention very smart! If he was anything like his younger brother Kevin he is a great guy and i would have no problem with your opinion of putting him on the list thats fine he was an awsome player but to say he was a better running back than Gerald Riggs is going a little over board!! Im a big Ooltewah fan but i have to say that you are wrong on that! But thats your opinion.. i dont see how but whatever... you must not have seen Gerald play i guess or have something against him???

Please give some reason why he was better than Riggs?

I never had the chance to meet Patrick but i heard he was a great kid with good religous veiws and not to mention very smart! If he was anything like his younger brother Kevin he is a great guy and i would have no problem with your opinion of putting him on the list thats fine he was an awsome player but to say he was a better running back than Gerald Riggs is going a little over board!! Im a big Ooltewah fan but i have to say that you are wrong on that! But thats your opinion.. i dont see how but whatever... you must not have seen Gerald play i guess or have something against him???

Please give some reason why he was better than Riggs?

I had the privilege to coach Patrick and watched both of them play each year. Riggs was a great back but did not have the whole package as Flanagan did. Riggs pass blocking, heart and desire IMO were lacking but yes he had been blessed with an athletic gift but he never utilized that to its full potential. JMO

If it helps I was an RB/DB at OHS to help justify MO's.