Explain yourself Cosby Coach...

tcpioneer3

First of all congrats on the win...because what goes around comes around. The players definately should not be blamed in this lack of class because they played a good game and simply do as they are told...the Head Coach on the sideline however,should know or remember...because you used to get it every friday night...what its like to be on the other end of 41-13. You called a time out with 3 seconds left in the game in order to get your field goal unit on the field to attempt to put 3 more points on the board...if thats not a lack of class I dont know what is...You act as though you have never experienced winning before..or is that the case?? This should be a lesson for you...and as I said before the players from Cosby played a great game...you are not to blame for this lack of character by your HC...good luck the rest of the year players and to you coach...I will be anxiously awaiting the Hampton game....because thats when it will come around. I still bleed Black and Gold!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there of course, but how many chance for a field goal have they had this year? Getting one in a real game atmosphere might have been a reason for it.

You are kidding right?? This was a soph kicker...that is what JV games are for..and besides...they were on the 9 yard line...they scored 41 points...let the boy kick an extra point instead of pouring salt on the wound...do you not think the CD boys practice as much and lift weights and work as hard as anyone else?? These are 14-18 year oldkids...give me a break. If its college or pros..thats a different story. This is A-AA Tennessee High School Football!!

I said that might have been his reasoning. I didn't say it was right. It wasn't my call or yours, and complaining about it here won't do a thing.

I didnt say it would but that is what this website is all about...getting answers and expressing your views...and no you and I didnt make that call...I hope your not that type of person....

I don't think J.C. will run up the score on no one. He took out the starters in the 1st qt with 6 mins to go all the fans was bragging about J.C. on how much class he had for not running up the score. Also the starters could not go back in unless West Greene scored Class! But I know where you are coming from CD player Hampton has been on your side of the score board and what goes around , does come back around Good luck to you all guys and see you in about three weeks. P.S. how does Cosby compare to Unaka?

I don't think J.C. will run up the score on no one. He took out the starters in the 1st qt with 6 mins to go all the fans was bragging about J.C. on how much class he had for not running up the score. Also the starters could not go back in unless West Greene scored Class! But I know where you are coming from CD player Hampton has been on your side of the score board and what goes around , does come back around Good luck to you all guys and see you in about three weeks. P.S. how does Cosby compare to Unaka?

I know JC wouldnt run up the score because he does have class...Cosby on the other hand has alot to learn about that.

(fyi...RUTS = running up the score)

I didnt see the game. But, I cover Cosby some (I'm on the Cocke County beat), but I did talk to their PBP man after the game.

Cosby's kicker hasnt attempted a kick in a varsity game yet, which was indeed the reasoning for the FG.

Mixed feelings on it. If you're Cosby you want the chance to kick a FG in "game situations". If you're C-D, your ticked at Cosby for RUTS.

Cosby did tack on a late score against Oakdale early this year..

I'm not sure if Cosby plays J-V either, so....I'm not sure if that would be an answer.

There's always a defense for RUTS (Carter had a 2nd string QB when they scored a late 51-yard TD pass against Cocke County two weeks ago), but its never a cool situation to RUTS.

First of all congrats on the win...because what goes around comes around. The players definately should not be blamed in this lack of class because they played a good game and simply do as they are told...the Head Coach on the sideline however,should know or remember...because you used to get it every friday night...what its like to be on the other end of 41-13. You called a time out with 3 seconds left in the game in order to get your field goal unit on the field to attempt to put 3 more points on the board...if thats not a lack of class I dont know what is...You act as though you have never experienced winning before..or is that the case?? This should be a lesson for you...and as I said before the players from Cosby played a great game...you are not to blame for this lack of character by your HC...good luck the rest of the year players and to you coach...I will be anxiously awaiting the Hampton game....because thats when it will come around. I still bleed Black and Gold!!

Let me explain to you what classless is. Classless is when 10-12 years ago (the last time C-D had a decent ball team) Yall playing starters the entire game trying your best to put 60 on the board. NOTE Cosby's second team Played almost the entire fourth qaurter and it wasn't Coach Sheltons fault your STARTERS couldn't stop them. Classless my friend is when we came to your place 5 years ago beat you on homecoming 6-0 and yall knock our bus out of gear and push it into the school house. Classless is not being able to go to C-D for anything without being cussed by over half the people there. All the coaches wanted to see was if a kid (who has never played football until this year and has only been the starting kicker for 3 games could make a field goal. By the way if your who I think you are you know Coach Shelton better than to think hes trying to pour salt in the wound.

Let me explain to you what classless is. Classless is when 10-12 years ago (the last time C-D had a decent ball team) Yall playing starters the entire game trying your best to put 60 on the board. NOTE Cosby's second team Played almost the entire fourth qaurter and it wasn't Coach Sheltons fault your STARTERS couldn't stop them. Classless my friend is when we came to your place 5 years ago beat you on homecoming 6-0 and yall knock our bus out of gear and push it into the school house. Classless is not being able to go to C-D for anything without being cussed by over half the people there. All the coaches wanted to see was if a kid (who has never played football until this year and has only been the starting kicker for 3 games could make a field goal. By the way if your who I think you are you know Coach Shelton better than to think hes trying to pour salt in the wound.

First of all if you dont know that cosby plays a jv schedule you dont know very much about cosby...2nd you sound bitter about something that has happened to you...maybe a whipping in the black hole....3rd...a team cannot control their fans or parents...thats impossible to attempt...4th dont attempt to blame a student ballplayer or whatever for your bus drivers lack of parking skills...I have never heard anything so LUDACRIS..(hint)