best stadiums and most atmosphere

rednecktiger

The thing about JoByrns old and kind of run down field/stadium is it contributes to the intimidating atmosphere. It all fits together perfectly! Its not nice like the shoes you just bought brand new at the store but nice like the shoes you keep wearing and wearing and wearing just because they fit so well. Minor league hockey used to have a lot of the same types of venues and they kind of lost something with all the new arenas coming up.

Well,I wouldn't go so far to say intimidating.... :thumb:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...wasn't this about middle Tennessee??? Hope to see UC again in 8 weeks! :thumb:

I don't know was it???....If it is SO!!.....You won't see Union City in 8 weeks,the Tornadoes won't be there....But,in the event you are watching Union City at War Memorial Stadium in 8 weeks,you will see a stadium... :blink:

Edited by backinthaoc

Well, I Think as far as atmosphere, Mt. Pleasants "THE JUNGLE" rocks. Start out with music cranked up, fireworks blasting, then when the tigers run through the banner we play "welcome to the jungle" by Ozzie. Cannons a every touch down. It's a pretty wild place to be. Don't believe me? Show up around Nov. 3rd for play offs and see for yourselves. :thumb:

No doubt........ Trousdale County on the "Creekbank", has to be the best around in 1A or 2A.

Large stadium for a high school... atmosphere terrific....going back to the days of the

Tobacco Bowl.......prior to the playoff system. Many a state bragging rights were settled

here. The field is as good as you will see anywhere; high school,college, and some pros.

Drop by & check it out! :thumb:

Well, I Think as far as atmosphere, Mt. Pleasants "THE JUNGLE" rocks. Start out with music cranked up, fireworks blasting, then when the tigers run through the banner we play "welcome to the jungle" by Ozzie. Cannons a every touch down. It's a pretty wild place to be. Don't believe me? Show up around Nov. 3rd for play offs and see for yourselves. :thumb:

How do you guys get away with fireworks? The TSSAA doesn't allow any explosive devices at games.

Okay, just thought of this. Their stadium is alright, but Clarksville Academy plays on the best turf...at Austin Peay. APSU laid down new turf 2 years ago that is awesome. It's more "life-like". I guess it was good enough for the Chicago Bears to come down and work out on it to see if they liked it. I only got to play on turf once, but it was pretty cool.

The thing about JoByrns old and kind of run down field/stadium is it contributes to the intimidating atmosphere. It all fits together perfectly! Its not nice like the shoes you just bought brand new at the store but nice like the shoes you keep wearing and wearing and wearing just because they fit so well. Minor league hockey used to have a lot of the same types of venues and they kind of lost something with all the new arenas coming up.

You guys could use some work over on the visitor's side. The ground is very uneven, I saw several people almost fall because of it (if it had been muddy I couldn't have gotten close in the wheelchair, either.). You do have great fan support and atmosphere. I prefer Collinwood's stadium of all the places we have been.