Huntingdon @ Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

Like I said, let me know when they become a powerhouse in 4A.

PA Pratt turned Crockett Co. around....but Hickman Co. dont produce the athletes year in and year out that Crockett Co. does.

FYI- Hickman County will begin play in 2A football when schools are reclassified and I will expect them to be a force in 2A football, maybe not ever a powerhouse.

I am pretty sure Huntingdon will be going down to 1A as well.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI- Hickman County will begin play in 2A football when schools are reclassified and I will expect them to be a force in 2A football, maybe not ever a powerhouse.

When will reclassification take place. What other schools will be in for a change?

You don't really mean that. :thumb:

Seriously, I expect a clean, hard hitting, close game. You can throw records, injuries, and pretty much everything out the window when these two play.

I'm not calling the upset!!! I'm just sayin........ :P

Me and you have discussed for a long time how much depth means at this level.

BUT maybe the weather breaks and all these 2 way starters we got will stop wilting in the 4th quarter. :D

I'm already taking backwater. According to the TSSAA website reclassification for 2007 has already occured. Huntingdons enrollment numbers are lower than several schools that will be playing 1A in 2007 including the state champ Trousdale County team BUT enrollment had to drop 20% from 04 to 07 and ours didnt. But anyway it goes back to basic enrollment numbers in 2009 and if our present #"s hold we could be playing 1A 3 years from now.

I heard the rumor the other day about us going down to 1A. I got mixed emotions about it. We obviously will be a powerhouse most every year in 1A but I think it will hurt the program in a couple of ways.

First of all, no matter how much you try to maintain you will eventually play down to the competition...and the following will suffer. I mean people will not go see the Stangs hang 50 points on Gleason or Greenfield. Just dont have the same meaning as playing Milan or Martin Westview.

On the positive side though it will probably mean a few more gold balls in the trophy case.

What yall think...is 1A good or bad for H-town?

I heard the rumor the other day about us going down to 1A. I got mixed emotions about it. We obviously will be a powerhouse most every year in 1A but I think it will hurt the program in a couple of ways.

First of all, no matter how much you try to maintain you will eventually play down to the competition...and the following will suffer. I mean people will not go see the Stangs hang 50 points on Gleason or Greenfield. Just dont have the same meaning as playing Milan or Martin Westview.

On the positive side though it will probably mean a few more gold balls in the trophy case.

What yall think...is 1A good or bad for H-town?

Hutingdon is not going to be 1A. They are far over the cut off. :thumb:

I'm not calling the upset!!! I'm just sayin........ :thumb:

Me and you have discussed for a long time how much depth means at this level.

BUT maybe the weather breaks and all these 2 way starters we got will stop wilting in the 4th quarter. :thumb:

Yep, depth is especially critical at this level. If we lose that Olineman for a few games then we will have one more going both ways.

Like I said, let me know when they become a powerhouse in 4A.

PA Pratt turned Crockett Co. around....but Hickman Co. dont produce the athletes year in and year out that Crockett Co. does.

I don't think you can go by wins and losses when measuring improvement of what was possibly the worst 4A team in the state. If you ever have the chance to talk to any midstate coaches who play or have played hickman co. you would understand. Coaches in that area generally acknowledge the fact that HC doesn't have 4A type athletes but the job thats been done there in the span of one year is considered amazing. No, they don't produce the athletes that crockett co. does, or stratford, hillsboro, or anyone else in their region, but they are winning some games and playing their losses pretty darn tough and like you said, without athletes. Thats turning around a program in my book.

Edited by fbfan1

I saw the Trenton game and here's what I thought. Trenton played great was IMO lucky to win the game. Cedric is a beast on offense, LBs have a ton of speed and....the DBs are bad. Harper would run around and then throw a ball that hung for 5 secs and peabody always came down with the ball. Also on offense I have to agree Weathers runs hard but he's tiny....He was trying to run through people twice his size. Vision is what really makes a running back.

I believe Milan may have the upper hand with all of Huntingdon's injuries. I know the playoffs will start Friday night for Milan if they are forced to forfeit the first 4 wins of the year. They will have to run the table to secure a playoff berth. That will be extremely hard to do is this region. Huntingdon may finally put it all together this week. Both teams will be up for this matchup.