DeKalb V. Upperman

Muffin_Man11

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are starting a fresh at qb.the senior was killing them with turnovers.we will see how the kid handles starting.there are some grumblings going on with the change.when you are 1-15 you need to try the young ones.

As the old saying goes,"The QB gets too much credit when his team wins, and too much blame when his team looses!" The DeKalb QB change is interesting... In the 2005 season (team record 0-10) no starting QB changes were made. This in spite of a tremendously high turnover rate,(an average of 4 plus per game.)

In 2006 a 4 year senior player, who in a great number of opinions is the best athlete onthe team, was asked to move from WR to the QB position. Now, after 6 games, (1-5 record, which should be 2-4 but isn't due to poor game management (Watertown) by the head coach) a coaching decision is made to make a change at the QB position!

Of course it is the head coach's perogative to make this change. But my complaint is with the timing (homecoming) and the way it was handled. This resulted in the junior back-up QB quitting the team, leaving the team without a back-up QB for the Upperman game. Wow, some coaching decision!!

Rest assured, the senior QB moving to WR will support the change fully and give 110% at the WR position in support of his team!

Let's wish the freshman QB good luck...he has the potential to be a "solid player" down the road! I agree with the thought that, "it's time to make changes when the team's record over last year and this year is 1-15, I'm not sure, however, if those changes should only be at the players level!

This is, however, a "HOMECOMING" game for DeKalb and the players deserve the fans total support. GO TIGERS!!

Well, Well, Well, I wondered how long it would be before the so called "Fans" started blaming the Coach. You are absolutely right when you say"it is the Coach's perogative to make this change. He is the one who listens to the Arm Chair QB's every Friday Night through Thursday on what he should have and shouldn't have done the game before. How this kid or that kid is much better than the one he played. That goes with the Job.

But will InterestedObserver be praising the change when Dekalb Wins???? I dought that will happen. You see If the Freshman does good someone will say why didn't the Coach make the change earlier?? If the Freshman does bad then they will say "Why did he make the change at all" We were winning so many games with the Senior!! Oh yea he only won game.

Let's just see if the change helps. Before we start kicking the coach under the bus. Looks to me like the program has come a long way from the first game in 2005. Let's see were these kids will take us. This is supposed to be a fun time for the kids, not the Parents!! All Parents think there kid is the most Athletic player on the team.

As the old saying goes,"The QB gets too much credit when his team wins, and too much blame when his team looses!" The DeKalb QB change is interesting... In the 2005 season (team record 0-10) no starting QB changes were made. This in spite of a tremendously high turnover rate,(an average of 4 plus per game.)

In 2006 a 4 year senior player, who in a great number of opinions is the best athlete onthe team, was asked to move from WR to the QB position. Now, after 6 games, (1-5 record, which should be 2-4 but isn't due to poor game management (Watertown) by the head coach) a coaching decision is made to make a change at the QB position!

Of course it is the head coach's perogative to make this change. But my complaint is with the timing (homecoming) and the way it was handled. This resulted in the junior back-up QB quitting the team, leaving the team without a back-up QB for the Upperman game. Wow, some coaching decision!!

Rest assured, the senior QB moving to WR will support the change fully and give 110% at the WR position in support of his team!

Let's wish the freshman QB good luck...he has the potential to be a "solid player" down the road! I agree with the thought that, "it's time to make changes when the team's record over last year and this year is 1-15, I'm not sure, however, if those changes should only be at the players level!

This is, however, a "HOMECOMING" game for DeKalb and the players deserve the fans total support. GO TIGERS!!

Well, Well, Well, I wondered how long it would be before the so called "Fans" started blaming the Coach. You are absolutely right when you say"it is the Coach's perogative to make this change. He is the one who listens to the Arm Chair QB's every Friday Night through Thursday on what he should have and shouldn't have done the game before. How this kid or that kid is much better than the one he played. That goes with the Job.

But will InterestedObserver be praising the change when Dekalb Wins???? I dought that will happen. You see If the Freshman does good someone will say why didn't the Coach make the change earlier?? If the Freshman does bad then they will say "Why did he make the change at all" We were winning so many games with the Senior!! Oh yea he only won game.

Let's just see if the change helps. Before we start kicking the coach under the bus. Looks to me like the program has come a long way from the first game in 2005. Let's see were these kids will take us. This is supposed to be a fun time for the kids, not the Parents!! All Parents think there kid is the most Athletic player on the team.

You and someone earlier made the comment about the senior QB only winning one game. This senior QB has only been the QB for 6 games. The coaches have been in place for 16 games and what is there record? So I agree with InterestedObserver that maybe it is time to look at the coaching staff and put the blame where it belongs. And as for the comments about the kids having fun, I'm not so sure that is still happening. Oh, and I'm not related to the senior or the freshman QB and my arms are resting on my chair as I think, this is a bad move. Still believe DeKalb will pull this one out in a close game but it will be because of all the kids on the field not just one.

You and someone earlier made the comment about the senior QB only winning one game. This senior QB has only been the QB for 6 games. The coaches have been in place for 16 games and what is there record? So I agree with InterestedObserver that maybe it is time to look at the coaching staff and put the blame where it belongs. And as for the comments about the kids having fun, I'm not so sure that is still happening. Oh, and I'm not related to the senior or the freshman QB and my arms are resting on my chair as I think, this is a bad move. Still believe DeKalb will pull this one out in a close game but it will be because of all the kids on the field not just one.

I don't think it is fair to blame the coaching staff for their record.

Coach Trapp inherited a program that was in shambles. He has done some great things with those kids and their team.

He took over with only a week or two before the season started last year, and you can't turn around a program in one year.

Cantrell and the other coach( I can't think of his name right now) wasn't too concerned with Dekalb county football, which neither is much of that community.

There are problems when most of the fans leave at halftime after the band plays, even in a close game.( No offense to the band, they are excellent.)

Next year, Dekalb will have a great group of seniors that will have seen a lot of playing time. Great things will happen.

As for the Quarterback change, This season is pretty much in the toilet. Why not start working towards next year. I will be better for Poteete to start next year with a few snaps under his belt against good teams.

Hang in there Dekalb. Good luck the rest of this year, and I'll be anxious to hear good things about DEKALB COUNTY FOOTBALL next year.

That game was to close for upperman it was a good win but they let dekalb drive the ball right down there throats with 23 seconds left in the half the running back brooke loose up the middle untouched for 60 yards to put them down by for going into half uppermans passing game was outstanding.... they came out fired up and they were ready to win a ball game

I too, wondered how long it would take for some to be on here with new names and dogging the coaches. It took longer than I thought.

I've read coacht for a long time but finally had to register so I could post.

The changes that were made this week were needed changes. There need to be many more changes.

The key to this entire mess is how the change was handled. The coach did indeed mess up. The team is divided, down and out and losing faith. They lost a great player, a team player, whether he could be QB or not is anyones guess since he was never given a real opportunity and was totally let down. He's been groomed as "back up QB" for 3 years and then, poof! I would not be surprised to see more boys drop out this week.

There is a great deal more to this story and it needs to be handled in DeKalb county, by players and coaches and the powers that be and not here on coacht.com where opinions are like, well, you know the "old saying".

If you have something to say, say it to the coaching staff or whomever you think can do something about it.

Leave the boys out of it all, they are knocked down and whipped enough.

They are good boys who work hard and they deserve so much more!

I too, wondered how long it would take for some to be on here with new names and dogging the coaches. It took longer than I thought.

I've read coacht for a long time but finally had to register so I could post.

The changes that were made this week were needed changes. There need to be many more changes.

The key to this entire mess is how the change was handled. The coach did indeed mess up. The team is divided, down and out and losing faith. They lost a great player, a team player, whether he could be QB or not is anyones guess since he was never given a real opportunity and was totally let down. He's been groomed as "back up QB" for 3 years and then, poof! I would not be surprised to see more boys drop out this week.

There is a great deal more to this story and it needs to be handled in DeKalb county, by players and coaches and the powers that be and not here on coacht.com where opinions are like, well, you know the "old saying".

If you have something to say, say it to the coaching staff or whomever you think can do something about it.

Leave the boys out of it all, they are knocked down and whipped enough.

They are good boys who work hard and they deserve so much more!

I may have read your post wrong, but did Howe quit?

How did Poteete do in the game?