Waverly @ Lewis County

15 NWTF 08

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Papa has struck again and has bestowed on us some of his vast wisdom....the kind of wisdom one gains from years on the airwaves for the Waverly Central Tigers....by the way how is that going? Looks like your shot at a region Championship is going to be lost this week when you finally face an opponent worth mentioning (other than your Week 1 opponent which you lost in a 28-0 rout)...Traveling to Lewis Co wont be like the trip to the Dreaded Richland or Adamsville......You will loose in a BLOW OUT!!!!!

As for you predictions for HC in their region play, take some of this into consideration:

Maplewood- Record 6-0 Scoring average 38.3 points a game allowing less than 12 points per game....one of the most if not the most talented teams in the mid-state if not the state.....multiple round playoff contender....We lost 41-12

Lawerence Co- We beat 27-21....more talent on that team than we could ever hope for at HC....Region opponent Defeated...HC had never beaten them before since joining the region

Stratford- 5-1 only loss to 5a McGavock...who maybe one of the most talented teams in all of the mid-state....we lost 21-6....gave up 14 points on our own miscues....defense did not allow a 1st down in the 2nd half and we had over 200 yards rushing on a defense that had not allowed that all year....plus we held them under 28 for the 2nd time this year (only other McGavock)

Hillsboro- 6-0 we play them this week....extremely talented...and we shall see what will happen

Yeah I guess it is safe to say you made the right "predictions" but a blind dog could have done so......This just in....hot off the wire.....Hickman County High School is going to be 2a in '07.....then you will have a little more tied up in your predictions.....Good Luck Friday Night.....get used to seeing the Wing - T cause you are going to see a lot of it Friday night.....oh yeah if you Whine about loosing to HC I expect you will whine about loosing to LC............. See you Papa

Blind dog, yes, HC fan no! Not smart enough.

Maplewood game 35-0 halftime, real competitive.

Lawrenceburg talented? 2 win 4 losses. One win against a weak 0-6 AA team.

You really held down Stratford, almost 400 yards offense, 21-0 at the half. You made excuses for them but you didn't talk of the turnovers and miscues by Waverly in our game, did you?

As for the Waverly game, yeah, you won 28-0 but it was much closer than the score showed and plus Waverly was playing their first game working out the bugs while Hickman had one game under the belt, getting beat by might I add a AA team. They had chance to review and tweak things. You also have enough enrollment to run out separate offensive and defensive lines where Waverly has to play all two way players that are mostly sophomores. If the game was played now, I seriously doubt that Hickman could beat them. But we will never know. Besides, don't think it's going to be as easy as you think when you move down. You will lose some to graduation, some to changing schools, etc. Good luck the rest of the year, but I doubt you will win another game this year.

:justwrestle:

Edited by papatiger

Looks like Papa has struck again and has bestowed on us some of his vast wisdom....the kind of wisdom one gains from years on the airwaves for the Waverly Central Tigers....by the way how is that going? Looks like your shot at a region Championship is going to be lost this week when you finally face an opponent worth mentioning (other than your Week 1 opponent which you lost in a 28-0 rout)...Traveling to Lewis Co wont be like the trip to the Dreaded Richland or Adamsville......You will loose in a BLOW OUT!!!!!

As for you predictions for HC in their region play, take some of this into consideration:

Maplewood- Record 6-0 Scoring average 38.3 points a game allowing less than 12 points per game....one of the most if not the most talented teams in the mid-state if not the state.....multiple round playoff contender....We lost 41-12

Lawerence Co- We beat 27-21....more talent on that team than we could ever hope for at HC....Region opponent Defeated...HC had never beaten them before since joining the region

Stratford- 5-1 only loss to 5a McGavock...who maybe one of the most talented teams in all of the mid-state....we lost 21-6....gave up 14 points on our own miscues....defense did not allow a 1st down in the 2nd half and we had over 200 yards rushing on a defense that had not allowed that all year....plus we held them under 28 for the 2nd time this year (only other McGavock)

Hillsboro- 6-0 we play them this week....extremely talented...and we shall see what will happen

Yeah I guess it is safe to say you made the right "predictions" but a blind dog could have done so......This just in....hot off the wire.....Hickman County High School is going to be 2a in '07.....then you will have a little more tied up in your predictions.....Good Luck Friday Night.....get used to seeing the Wing - T cause you are going to see a lot of it Friday night.....oh yeah if you Whine about loosing to HC I expect you will whine about loosing to LC............. See you Papa

Are u serious? Yea ill give you the fact that HC plays a hard schedule and the fact that u beat waverly in a rout WAVERLY'S 1st wk (ur second) was pretty great...blah blah blah...waverly hasnt won 5 games in the last 5 yrs so heck let um live a little and id tell u to bring it on down to 2a cause coach graves has them kids rolling tough schedule or not... a win is a win and waverly is doin alot of it...i say an upset friday nite with waverly winning 24-21

Are u serious? Yea ill give you the fact that HC plays a hard schedule and the fact that u beat waverly in a rout WAVERLY'S 1st wk (ur second) was pretty great...blah blah blah...waverly hasnt won 5 games in the last 5 yrs so heck let um live a little and id tell u to bring it on down to 2a cause coach graves has them kids rolling tough schedule or not... a win is a win and waverly is doin alot of it...i say an upset friday nite with waverly winning 24-21

Right on, guesswhoIam!

Tigers in an upset to some, but not an upset in Tiger fans eyes.

hmm..no 2 ad my 2cents worth....waverly has made many changes since the game against hickman county and yes we could beat u right now if wed play ya again....i beleive lewis county was the 1st game on ya's scedule and u lost it 14-7....then after a week of gittin ur bugs out ya playd a new waverly team...1st game of season, not fully inshape and some never started a high school game....and all this and we still held ya most of the game...it wasnt till a lil after halftime that ya started to dominate....so yea, if you really think hickman is better then waverly, wait till next year....waverly will be near the top or the region battlin for 1st or 2nd...and hickman will do good to win a game....so i really hope hc is in our district so we can finally tame those muts from hickman county....and waverly will hold a good and close game this week, and if you wanna see how much waverly has improved and see how badly we would beat u, jus come on out to lewis county and see how a real football game is suposed 2 be played, this game will be one for the year, this game, next week game and the game between lewis co and camden...all 3 teams from 6-2a are great teams, goina be close....but waverly will pull it out this week jus like the past weeks...GO TIGERS!!!!!

Blind dog, yes, HC fan no! Not smart enough.

Maplewood game 35-0 halftime, real competitive.

Lawrenceburg talented? 2 win 4 losses. One win against a weak 0-6 AA team.

You really held down Stratford, almost 400 yards offense, 21-0 at the half. You made excuses for them but you didn't talk of the turnovers and miscues by Waverly in our game, did you?

As for the Waverly game, yeah, you won 28-0 but it was much closer than the score showed and plus Waverly was playing their first game working out the bugs while Hickman had one game under the belt, getting beat by might I add a AA team. They had chance to review and tweak things. You also have enough enrollment to run out separate offensive and defensive lines where Waverly has to play all two way players that are mostly sophomores. If the game was played now, I seriously doubt that Hickman could beat them. But we will never know. Besides, don't think it's going to be as easy as you think when you move down. You will lose some to graduation, some to changing schools, etc. Good luck the rest of the year, but I doubt you will win another game this year.

:thumb:

None so blind as those who do not see. Papa, I hate too burst your bubble but wavo isn't very good. We run basically two plays against you guys and beat you into submission (try the weightroom). Stratford didn't have 400 yds of offense. They didn't have a first down in the second half. So you shouldn't feel bad. We pummeled them pretty good too but alas turnovers cost us the game. We don't think it will be easy when we move down, but it will be easier. We may not win another game this year but we beat you and we'll more than make up for past losses in the coming years. Wooohoooo! By the way, Lewis Co. will beat you as bad as they want to. They are physical and you aren't..

hmm..no 2 ad my 2cents worth....waverly has made many changes since the game against hickman county and yes we could beat u right now if wed play ya again....i beleive lewis county was the 1st game on ya's scedule and u lost it 14-7....then after a week of gittin ur bugs out ya playd a new waverly team...1st game of season, not fully inshape and some never started a high school game....and all this and we still held ya most of the game...it wasnt till a lil after halftime that ya started to dominate....so yea, if you really think hickman is better then waverly, wait till next year....waverly will be near the top or the region battlin for 1st or 2nd...and hickman will do good to win a game....so i really hope hc is in our district so we can finally tame those muts from hickman county....and waverly will hold a good and close game this week, and if you wanna see how much waverly has improved and see how badly we would beat u, jus come on out to lewis county and see how a real football game is suposed 2 be played, this game will be one for the year, this game, next week game and the game between lewis co and camden...all 3 teams from 6-2a are great teams, goina be close....but waverly will pull it out this week jus like the past weeks...GO TIGERS!!!!!

When we drop to 2A we know we hope we're in your region. We'll never finish last as long as you guys are in with us. We started 6-8 sophs. on defense and a bunch on offense. We're just better than you guys, admit it man. Waverly has forgotten how to hit.

By the way, Lewis Co. will beat you as bad as they want to. They are physical and you aren't..

O please, please do not tell me you said Wavo isn't physical. Look at our past games, everyone has said that wavo play smashmouth, hardnosed, physical football. Even last year, when we werent winning, they said that. So don't give me that. Lewis may win, they may Lose, same goes for waverly. We'll just have to see, but whats the fun in that. If you call taking cheap shots physical, we are not. But we play hard, and its full throttle, all game. Don't give me that. Waverly has always been one of the more physical teams, and it wil stay that way. Also, being physical is part of the game...and well..Waverly is 5-1..so how can we not be physical??

When we drop to 2A we know we hope we're in your region. We'll never finish last as long as you guys are in with us. We started 6-8 sophs. on defense and a bunch on offense. We're just better than you guys, admit it man. Waverly has forgotten how to hit.

well im so glad hickman county will be in our region and really hope in our district so that loretto and stewart co can have some competition....waverly will take hickman county out next year with no problem....we have so many sophomores and so many juniors playin this year, gittin all the experience they need...and winning games while doin that...they will be ready for 1st or 2nd place next year....this year we have a chance at 2nd place...and a with a team of sophs and freshmen...thats huge...hickman will not make playoffs next year if theyr in our district.....waverly has a better team then hickman county does....lets see you pick bout 15 guys to play the whole game and not swap them out....yea you beat us our 1st game and ur 2nd...many of our players had never started and some never playd a varsity football game till then, and their 1st time came to a 4a school...and they did an excilent job the 1st half, but then of course they got tired....but now we are in shape and ready to play ball, i would bet that now we could run 1 play against you and would be able to beat you, your line could not stop the running power of our great backs....and our d has really steppd up a lot since the 1st game...we have had 3 shut outs and those shut outs came from teams battlin for 4th place in our district....this week we will be playing a #1 undeafeted and excellent 2a team....and we have a chance, a good chance at winning...good luck hickman county on the rest of tha season and really good luck when you git into the 2a region...jus hope u dont git 5-2a, doubt ull win many at all....hope to see you next year or mayb this week if you wanna come out and see 2 great teams battle!

Lewis County should have this one in the bag. Wavo will stick around in the 1st half, but after the breather it'll be a Panther pounding.

Lewis Co. - 31

Waverly - 14

Well, I hope Lewis County comes out a little (LOT) more fired up this week to begin the game. Having the opposition set the pace every week is not a good habit. The past two games about gave me an ulcer. The defense has been ample, but they haven't been playing offensive powerhouses. Having said that, I think you need to check your predicted score...

http://www.coacht.com/inside/schedule.cfm?...amp;SeasonID=51

Only 2 of those TDs came at the hands of the 1st team. The first was due to a fumble on LC's own 4 yard line (Hickman County) and the second was against Stewart County...no good explanation or excuse for that one.

To beat Lewis County, Waverly will have to either outscore them or shut them down defensively. Both are pretty tall orders.