Facing the Giants

VOREBS

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this movie and I may not be the most religious person but the movie DID have a good message and it did prove you don't have to curse to make a good movie. A bit preachy at times, but that's what the people who made it were going for. I give it about 4 stars out of 5, the death crawl scene is worth 3 stars alone because it's that powerful. I would recommend this to anyone who likes football and doesn't mind a religious message. I saw people crying in the theatre and laughing and cheering and rarely do you ever see that in theatres now.

I saw this movie and I may not be the most religious person but the movie DID have a good message and it did prove you don't have to curse to make a good movie. A bit preachy at times, but that's what the people who made it were going for. I give it about 4 stars out of 5, the death crawl scene is worth 3 stars alone because it's that powerful. I would recommend this to anyone who likes football and doesn't mind a religious message. I saw people crying in the theatre and laughing and cheering and rarely do you ever see that in theatres now.

A good review of the movie, remember this movie was made by a church, and the message is ment to be what it is. But the movie has a good football story, and a GREAT message. And you are right, the death crawl scene is worth the ticket price. GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

I was told that 7 of the 10 shows in Union City sold out this past weekend. A BIG "thank you" to the Student Leadership Network<youth ministers> in Obion County for petitioning for this movie to come to West Tennessee.

It is an AMAZING film. I know several of the local football teams have been to see it, including UT Martin. The first 20 minutes is a little slow, but the message gets across. Make sure your team goes to see it! :thumb:

Union City was indeed blessed to get this film, and I think the theater would be thankful as well. They have continued to have sell out or near sell out crowds for this film into the second week. I know some are seeing it more than once, I will go back if I get half a chance to. And yes thanks to the ones who were able to secure that UC was one of only 441 cities to get the movie on opening week-end.

• 2 weeks later...

So now after this movie has been out for over three weeks, the box-office take is I think over 3 million. Hollywood seems taken aback by the fact that this "little" movie is beating their BIG budget movies. Someday maybe they will realize that there are ALOT of people, and i mean alot of people across this nation that would love more GOOD movies, with an uplifting message, instead of so much of the garbage that is coming out of Hollywood. I also think the Christian message in this movie is a real draw. If you have not seen the movie, GO SEE IT, this is one I will buy the day it hits D.V.D. It is a great movie