Marshall County vs Montgomery Central

zorroschild

In the history the 2 schools the Indians have yet to beat the Tigers on the Football field! They have had so classic battles in Basketball, Baseball, and Softball! Why do the Tigers seem to OWN the Indians in football?

I doesnt look to be any different this year because as the schedule/posters Coach Johnson had made this year say "Its the Year of the Tiger"!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the posters may say "the year of the tiger" the season screams "WJ's last season!"

the tigers should win this game...the key word there is should. they should have beaten page, sycamore, greenbrier, and cheatham county but they failed...miserably in 2 cases. i will go with the tigers even though my gut is telling me not to. tigers by 7

Marshall should get back on track and win this one by 2TD's. Montgomery Central just got beat 60-6 by Giles Co. The win would put the Tigers at 3-2 in the region and they'd still be in the playoff hunt.

Marshall had no business beating Sycamore, Greenbrier, or Cheatham Co. The War Eagles jumped all over Marshall 27-6 before doing all they could to let them back in the game late. Greenbrier just destroyed Marshall mentally (which isn't a tough task at all) and physically. They basically beat the Tigers 35-0. Cheatham Co. beat Marshall by 20 the other night and they really left two TD's off the board (fumbles on their second and third offensive series when they had deep drives in Marshall territory going).

Had Marshall just taken care of business against Page they'd be 3-1 in the region looking to go 4-1 this week. Instead they find themselves in a three way tiebreaker scenario, AT BEST, with Creek Wood & Page. Marshall beat Creek Wood. Creek Wood beat Page. Page beat Marshall. If all three of those teams wind up with the same region record the Tigers would end up as the odd team out in that mix. Why???? Creek Wood (Rossview) and Page (White House) both won one non-region game while Marshall went winless in their non region games. Since Creek Wood beat Page head-to-head the order would go 1.) Creek Wood 2.) Page & 3.) Marshall County :D

Needless to say the Tigers not only need to win this week against Montgomery Central BUT they need to do some serious soul searching during the bye week coming up after this week's game. They are going to have to beat either Lipscomb or Giles if they want to get to the postseason (or hope Page slips up against Spring Hill or Montgomery Central). Why Page????? The Tigers do still hold the head-to-head against Creek Wood this year :thumb:

Marshall should get back on track and win this one by 2TD's. Montgomery Central just got beat 60-6 by Giles Co. The win would put the Tigers at 3-2 in the region and they'd still be in the playoff hunt.

Marshall had no business beating Sycamore, Greenbrier, or Cheatham Co. The War Eagles jumped all over Marshall 27-6 before doing all they could to let them back in the game late. Greenbrier just destroyed Marshall mentally (which isn't a tough task at all) and physically. They basically beat the Tigers 35-0. Cheatham Co. beat Marshall by 20 the other night and they really left two TD's off the board (fumbles on their second and third offensive series when they had deep drives in Marshall territory going).

Had Marshall just taken care of business against Page they'd be 3-1 in the region looking to go 4-1 this week. Instead they find themselves in a three way tiebreaker scenario, AT BEST, with Creek Wood & Page. Marshall beat Creek Wood. Creek Wood beat Page. Page beat Marshall. If all three of those teams wind up with the same region record the Tigers would end up as the odd team out in that mix. Why???? Creek Wood (Rossview) and Page (White House) both won one non-region game while Marshall went winless in their non region games. Since Creek Wood beat Page head-to-head the order would go 1.) Creek Wood 2.) Page & 3.) Marshall County ;)

Needless to say the Tigers not only need to win this week against Montgomery Central BUT they need to do some serious soul searching during the bye week coming up after this week's game. They are going to have to beat either Lipscomb or Giles if they want to get to the postseason (or hope Page slips up against Spring Hill or Montgomery Central). Why Page????? The Tigers do still hold the head-to-head against Creek Wood this year :thumb:

Big Country. I'm picking Creekwood to beat Cheatham in aclose one

and cheatham to win thier other three games. If that happens I think Marshal

county will be outside looking in.

Big Country. I'm picking Creekwood to beat Cheatham in aclose one

and cheatham to win thier other three games. If that happens I think Marshal

county will be outside looking in.

If that does indeed happen then I will be satisfied because the Cubs will be a playoff team with wins over Marshall, Spring Hill, & Page (three solid teams). Creek Wood would obviously be the other playoff team from the region (along with David Lipscomb & Giles Co.).

well the posters may say "the year of the tiger" the season screams "WJ's last season!"

the tigers should win this game...the key word there is should. they should have beaten page, sycamore, greenbrier, and cheatham county but they failed...miserably in 2 cases. i will go with the tigers even though my gut is telling me not to. tigers by 7

Let's try to be positive.

With everyone doubting Marshall Co., they need to come out these next 3 weeks and proove everybody wrong. If they can get by Montgomery Central, they have a bye week to get ready for their biggest 2 games of the year.

That's a good point. Just because we lose a few games doesn't mean give up.

What has happened to that great Marshall Co. defense that was all hyped up back in August???? They have gotten rolled by Sycamore, Greenbrier, Page, Clarksville, & Cheatham Co. this year. Did I mention that after the Montgomery Central game tomorrow night they have David Lipscomb & Giles Co. left on the schedule????? YIKES!!!! :lol:

B)

What has happened to that great Marshall Co. defense that was all hyped up back in August???? They have gotten rolled by Sycamore, Greenbrier, Page, Clarksville, & Cheatham Co. this year. Did I mention that after the Montgomery Central game tomorrow night they have David Lipscomb & Giles Co. left on the schedule????? YIKES!!!! :huh:

And your point is....................... B)