CBHS vs MUS

wavelax1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that freshman running back, Eric Watson, is amazing, but with stokes and stallworth on that MUS defense, he's prolly gonna have a hard time doing what he's been doing the past few weeks. But if Park keeps playing the way he's been playing all year for MUS, then CBHS will have no problem beating the heck out of MUS. I think Park has thrown for like 1 td and 10 ints all year, a significant decline in the success he had last year. But what do i know.

This one should be yet another good game between these two rivals. What does everyone think about this one? I think CBHS wins in a close game.

Eric Watson is a very fast and slippery running back. He ran all over Briarcrest. John Michael Skinner is a very good quarterback and doesn't seem to make a lot of mistakes. I haven't seen MUS this year, but they don't seem to be as good as they have been the past two years. I think CBHS will win this game.

CBHS takes this one...and it's not Park's fault the Owls are not as good as they were the past couple of years...he just has no support.

I completely agree that Park has no support. I think this will be a close game that will come down to the last minutes of the fourth quarter. This is a rivalry game. It will be a great one to watch.

MUS's front three and linebackers are completely solid, but the secondary has been plagued with inexperience and is definately lacking. The offense has show glimpes of the past, but it really just depends on if they show up Friday. Park needs a good game, and the defense needs to hold them to under 14. But CBHS has not proven themselves to be a contender either. Two even teams are playing this friday, and it comes down to who wants it more. With CBHS's loss in the state championship and MUS's efforts to salvage their season, it's going to be a hard fought game. But I gotta go with my boys, MUS by 4.

I completely agree that Park has no support. I think this will be a close game that will come down to the last minutes of the fourth quarter. This is a rivalry game. It will be a great one to watch.

Couldn't agree more with you. Last week's game showed how much Park misses his weapons of last season. This game is going to be close because it is such a rivalry. I really don't know who to pick in this one but I will be pulling for MUS. Remember MUS has to win 2 of their last 3 games to make the playoffs so they will definitely be feeling the pressure in this one.

i don't think it is the sole reason for their lack in offensive production, however it is a big factor. Even though Massey isn't a huge offensive weapon in comparison to the likes of the guy from JPII or Coleman is for McCallie, he is still a solid player and hard runner. Parks really doesn't have anyone to really throw the ball to like he did last year, noone has really stepped up like Prokell did last year after Lawhorn left the previous year. Also, i don't think Parks really has his head in the game, because i don't care how awful a support system you have, i don't think neone should be throwing 11 ints and only 2 tds in 7 games. That is jus poor decision making on his part.

Do you Memphis fans think that the departure of the Masseys (and maybe more significantly Tyler Massey) has contributed to what appears to be a "down" MUS team?

There are a lot of things that have contributed to this team not doing what the past two have. Not have Coach Massey is a big loss, but Tyler leaving was a bigger loss. Massey was the hardest runner and leading rusher from a year ago and is very talented. However, the offensive line had to replace the interior positions with guys who haven't played at the varsity level before this year. Prokell is not there to make big plays and on defense the secondary from one year ago was irreplaceable.