JCM-Can they turn it around?

Yanker

I think one thing that needs to happen at JCM is that the whole team has got to play together, two guys can not do it all. One question we had was why doesn't #27 run the ball? Did he run the ball more before he got hurt? As I said on another thread, I was unimpressed by the way JCM entered the stadium and warmed up. There seemed to be little purpose to the warm-ups beside intimidation of the other team. They did not come to take care of business. I also stand by what I said earlier on the same thread about NS being skilled, determined, and disciplined, while JCM relies on the raw talent that apparently still has to be developed. Of course I do not know anything about how JCM practices, but NS's O line dominated and our D line was impressive. I believe we were in better condition - we are being able to beat teams in the 4th quarter and that says a lot about Coach Massey - he believes in conditioning.

I fear YANKER that you have opened up a can of worms here and that this might turn into coach bashing. Everyone needs to represent with class.

Good luck to JCM...hopefully we can both make the playoffs.

It is a tradition for JCM to do that. They do this before every game and most practices. The purpose is strictly to get themselves pumped up. This really does help from having a bad practice. But anyways. #27 Tavis Hogsett had never ran the ball. Well he ran the ball one time when he was a sophmore, and he played fullback fulltime. He fumbled. JCM did not use a fullback at all last year, and we had better people to run the ball last year. However the guy who should be running the ball more is #5 Gavin Hardin. He is faster and more athletic than Hogsett.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In looking at our schedule at Henry county, JCM is the only one on our schedule with a losing record, wow, what a surprise? Who would have thunk it in JULY. NOt me, however, Trezvant may be what the Dr. ordered, to get JCM feeling good about themselves. But then it will be off to Patriot land and it does not look good at this point for the cougars. From what I am hearing, they are not playing with any heart.

Our team has heart but I do believe a little uncertainty has developed among our players. We have problems for sure, but I do not believe lack of heart is one of them. We have played hard until the end of our losses, unlike the game with Melrose last year.