Who will be the top four in Region 2-5A?

baller141

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They would be .500.... When was the last time that happened?

It's absolutely shocking. I would have never predicted this--even the possibility of OR being out of the playoffs. No way; I almost can't believe I'm saying it's even possible. I'll still only believe it when I see it.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Here's an update on the playoff status for all the teams of Region 2-5A.

Ooltewah and Farragut will meet this Friday at Ooltewah to decide the Region championship. After that game, the two remaining games for both Farragut and Ooltewah are Soddy Daisy and Oak Ridge. Neither Farragut nor Ooltewah will lose to Soddy Daisy, and even if the winner of Farragut vs. Ooltewah loses to Oak Ridge, they will still get the number one seed in Region 2. The Farragut vs. Ooltewah game will more than likely decide the number two seed as well. The only way that the loser of that game will not be the number two seed is if Farragut loses the Ooltewah game and also to Oak Ridge, and that William Blount and Oak Ridge both win out. This would create a three-way tie for the second seed, with all teams involved in the tie having a 5-2 Region record. I'm not sure how this tie-breaker would shake out. So, a little catch-up as of now. The winner of the Farragut vs Ooltewah game will get the first seed, and the loser will most likely get the number two seed.

The number three seed will go to William Blount if the Governors beat McMinn this Friday and win out. If the Governors lose to McMinn this Friday, it throws the fight for the third seed into a little bit of confusion. If McMinn wins Friday night against William Blount, and they run the table, then they will recieve the number three seed in the Region. The only way that Oak Ridge can get a number three seed is to win out, and have each William Blount and McMinn lose once more.

Here's how the number four seed shakes out. If William Blount wins against McMinn this Friday, and both teams win out after that (which is very likely), William Blount gets the third seed and Oak Ridge gets the fourth seed if they beat Farragut and Ooltewah. If Oak Ridge loses to either Farragut or Ooltewah and McMinn loses to William Blount, the Cherokees would still get the fourth seed. If McMinn wins against William Blount this Friday night, with the assumption that the Govs and Cherokees both win out (again, very likely), the Cherokees would get the third seed and Oak Ridge would get the fourth seed if they beat Farragut and Ooltewah. If McMinn beats William Blount, and Oak Ridge loses to either Farragut or Ooltewah, William Blount would still get the fourth seed over the Wildcats.

Here is each teams remaning schedule to help allieviate some of the confusion:

William Blount:

Oct. 13 McMinn Co.

Oct. 20 at Bradley Central

Oct. 27 Heritage

Oak Ridge:

Oct. 13 Soddy Daisy

Oct. 20 Ooltewah

Oct. 27 at Farragut

McMinn:

Oct. 13 at William Blount

Oct. 20 Heritage

Oct. 26 Bradley Central

And also the standings as of now:

1 Ooltewah 4-0

2 Farragut 4-0

3 William Blount 2-2

4 McMinn County 2-2

5 Oak Ridge 2-2

6 Bradley Central 1-3

7 Soddy Daisy 1-3

8 Heritage 0-4

Hope all of this helps guys!

Great post TG-24! Good analysis of what could possibly happen. This is going to be an exciting couple of weeks in region 2-5A.

It's absolutely shocking. I would have never predicted this--even the possibility of OR being out of the playoffs. No way; I almost can't believe I'm saying it's even possible. I'll still only believe it when I see it.

Great post TG-24! Good analysis of what could possibly happen. This is going to be an exciting couple of weeks in region 2-5A.

Who would have predicted Oak Ridge missing the playoffs back in August? Looking at the schedules, they have a lot tougher schedule remaining than WB or McMinn. I'm not counting them out until they are eliminated, but without thier QB it doesn't look good.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch Oak Ridge could win two more games and mess up even more than it is now. The home team of the top five teams have always won. The Owls haven't played anybody away from the house. Oak Ridge is the only top five team in the region they play away from Chatt. Farragut played McMinn,WB and will play Oak Ridge at home. McMinn played only Oak Ridge at home and traveling to WB this week. WB traveled to the Owls and the ADS place where they struggled to finish. McMinn and OakRidge has and will have the hrdest road to the playoffs.The home teams in this Region have swept to this point. I wouldn't expect any change in the future of this playoff race.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch Oak Ridge could win two more games and mess up even more than it is now. The home team of the top five teams have always won. The Owls haven't played anybody away from the house. Oak Ridge is the only top five team in the region they play away from Chatt. Farragut played McMinn,WB and will play Oak Ridge at home. McMinn played only Oak Ridge at home and traveling to WB this week. WB traveled to the Owls and the ADS place where they struggled to finish. McMinn and OakRidge has and will have the hrdest road to the playoffs.The home teams in this Region have swept to this point. I wouldn't expect any change in the future of this playoff race.

No matter what, the winner of the game this Friday (Farragut @ Ooltewah) wins the region. Neither of these teams will lose to Soddy and even if they lose to Oak Ridge, the other one is still the region champ. So OR cannot mess up the winner, but they can throw a wrench into everything else, and you are right, they are very capable. I would not be over confident playing the Cats. They be down, but they are not out.

Baller like anyone who? We played Cookeville at Cookeville and Mcminn at Mcminn.We also played Bradley at Bradley and Heritage at Heritage.

QUESTION? If the wildcats win out (very unlikey ) and McMinn or WB were to win out who would be in second place and would get to host a playoff game. HHHMMMMM something to watch and see second isnt secured just yet.

The loser of the Farragut/Ooltewah would still be second......... and WB and McMinn can't both win out.

The loser of the Farragut/Ooltewah would still be second......... and WB and McMinn can't both win out.

What I mean this is all hypathical but if the Ads lose to the Owls and Oak ridge they would be 5 and 2 I think. Oak wins out that would put them at 5 and 2 . Between McMinn and WB who ever wins that game will most likely be 5 and 2. Then who will be in second place and the tiebreaker would be ?