Volleyball District 9AAA

And I want to thank Coach Young and all the wonderful players and parents at Smyrna. Every time we visit there we are treated wonderfully. BY was right, the Smyrna crowd was awesome...in fact, I was asked by our Coach to ask them to stay and cheer US on! LOL

The atmosphere gave Smyrna a distinct advantage in playing Lavergne and handed to them, what I believe to be, their first district game loss all season. Of course, a game isn't a match but it was great to see the Smyrna girls grab the bull by the horns and press on to do what no other district 9 team could do all year :rolleyes:

The Mt Juliet match came down to who wanted it more. It was deja vu of our last meetup -- we were up 2 games and then laid down for 2. Coach told the girls that this was IT, do or die time and asked how badly did they want it. I hated seeing them lose that 10-3 lead but I was proud of them for putting it all out there one more time and proving that they are strong and proud. I honestly have never seen them so pumped up for a final game and enjoyed every stressful minute of it :thumb:

We couldn't overcome Lavergne, although we did go down 20-25 in the second game. The floor was drenched in sweat (bring on the towels) as the MJ match was LONG and they poured their hearts into that one. There just wasn't much left after playing for 2 hours.

I would agree with BY, the final should maybe move to a 3rd night. We got home at 10:30 p.m. last night. We are looking at the same scenario next week in Clarksville (which is 90 minutes away) on a school/work night. It's draining for everyone involved.

We plan to represent the 9AAA District proudly next Monday night.

Edited by play4keeps

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reports on the 9 AAA, everyone. Good luck next week in your Regional. play4keeps, I always wondered about your user name - most people just play2win, but you are 4keeps like it's forever and ever - amen.

When I was a kid we played baseball cards and marbles. When you played "for real" you "played for keeps" meaning you keep what you win. That was serious stuff to an 8 year old :lol:

Beat you P4K....I got home at 11. Of course I have a 45 minute drive from LaVergne so it does take a while there. I agree about moving the Championship to another night. We've done a couple of 3 out of 5 tri-matches this year and it is very tough to play back to back like that. I don't know if you were here in 2004 but we did 3 out of 5 tri-matches for all district games. My very first introduction to 9-AAA volleyball was on the road at Beech with Hendersonville. After getting the bus back to LaVergne and then home, I strolled in my house at 12:40 am. That didn't make my soon to be ex-wife very happy. Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat with you last night...I'll make it a point to come over Monday.

I'd like to see both LaVergne and WC win since I am so fond of bd4vols and play4keeps!

Congrats, BD for getting coach of the Year!!!!!!!!! Way overdue in my humble opinion, but I'm so glad you're getting the respect due to you for being such an outstanding coach and person! I'm proud of you and I want to visit with you at the boro!

Beat you P4K....I got home at 11. Of course I have a 45 minute drive from LaVergne so it does take a while there. I agree about moving the Championship to another night. We've done a couple of 3 out of 5 tri-matches this year and it is very tough to play back to back like that. I don't know if you were here in 2004 but we did 3 out of 5 tri-matches for all district games. My very first introduction to 9-AAA volleyball was on the road at Beech with Hendersonville. After getting the bus back to LaVergne and then home, I strolled in my house at 12:40 am. That didn't make my soon to be ex-wife very happy. Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat with you last night...I'll make it a point to come over Monday.

Actually, I was around the first year we did 3 out of 5 in tri-matches and it was horrendous. I remember getting my old body in bed after 11 most nights. I fear that Monday night will be be more of the same.

I look forward to seeing you Monday. Go 9AAA!