Region 6 A/AA District 11 & 12 Tournament Schedules

PageMan

District 11 A/AA - Held at MTCS

Tues, Oct 10:

5:00 - #3 Community vs #6 MTCS

6:30 - #4/5 Van Buren Co. vs #5/4 Spring Hill - A match tonight will determine final seed #, but it really doesn't matter.

Thurs, Oct 12:

4:00 - #1 Eagleville vs winner of VBC/SH

5:30 - #2 Page vs winner of Community/MTCS

7:00 - Championship

Note on start times of 2nd matches: The second match on each day will start 20 min. after the conclusion of the 1st match. Times shown are estimated.

District 12 A/AA - Held at Hampshire

Mon, Oct 9:

I only know presently that Mt. Pleasant will be playing Sante Fe.

I'm sure that Loretto is the #1 seed and I think that Lewis Co. is #2. I would guess that Summertown is #3 and that Culleoka is #4. As for the remaining teams of Columbia Academy, Hampshire, Mt. Pleasant, Perry Co., Sante Fe, and Zion Christian Academy, I have no idea. If someone knows, please post.

Edited by PageMan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 12 A/AA Schedule:

Monday, Oct. 9:

5:00 - Perry Co. vs Hampshire

6:15 - Zion Christian Academy vs Culleoka

7:30 - Mt. Pleasant vs Santa Fe

Tuesday, Oct. 10:

5:00 - Loretto vs winner of Perry Co./Hampshire

6:15 - Lewis Co. vs winner of Mt. Pleasant/Santa Fe

7:30 - Summertown vs Columbia Academy

Thursday, Oct. 12:

5:00 - Semifinal - Winner of CA/S'town vs Winner of Lewis Co./MP/SF

6:15 - Semifinal - Winner of ZCA/Culleoka vs Winner of Lorett/PC/Hampshire

7:30 - Championship

All matches will be held at Hampshire.

Thanks to Marion Wilhoite, Sports Editor, The Daily Herald, Columbia, TN for the info.

You're welcome, bballfan03. All it took was one email to the proper person late last night. Do you know if the Region 6 A/AA tournament is also in Hampshire? When I talked with Loretto Coach Dee Dee Brown, she was not sure if that was true. I was going by what I saw at the TSSAA web site and I know that errors occasionally come up there. I will check with the tournament director at Hampshire today to see if I can clarify the site. I kind of thought that if a team won the district tournament, then they would host the regional, but maybe I'm wrong in this assumption.

I haven't heard anyone here even mention regionals. However, last year (2005) district was at Zion. That I'm sure of. Loretto finished first in the district. I don't think loretto hosted regions but the coach there should know or be able to find out. I don't think we made it out of district.

Edited by bballfan03

I haven't heard anyone here even mention regionals. However, last year (2005) district was at Zion. That I'm sure of. Loretto finished first in the district. I don't think loretto hosted regions but the coach there should know or be able to find out. I don't think we made it out of district.

Region 6 A/AA was held at Eagleville last year.

Results of Monday's play in District 12 A/AA at Hampshire:

Hampshire def. Perry Co. 3-0 (26-24, 25-17, 25-22)

Culleoka def. Zion Christian 3-1 (25-22, 25-23, 19-25, 25-20)

Santa Fe def. Mt Pleasant 3-0 (25-11, 25-7, 25-6)

Tuesday's Schedule:

5:00 - #1 Loretto vs #9 Hampshire

6:15 - #2 Lewis Co. vs #7 Santa Fe

7:30 - #3 Summertown vs #6 Columbia Academy

The Region 6 A/AA Tournament will be held at the winner of this district tournament with the favorite being Loretto based on seeding.

Tuesday's Results in 11 A/AA:

Community def. MTCS 3-0 (25-22, 25-22, 26-24)

Van Buren Co. def Spring Hill 3-1 (25-17, 25-23, 23-25, 25-21)

Play was a little ragged by all the teams tonight as I sure there were more points by errors than kills. I did keep a score sheet on the Community match, but their score keeper said not to post about their errors so I won't.

I read on the score board here that in the 12 A/AA Tournament that both Loretto and Lewis Co. won over Hampshire and Santa Fe, respectively by the scores of 3-0. Summertown also def Columbia Academy 3-0.

Thursday's Semi-Finals in 11 A/AA:

Eagleville vs Van Buren Co.

Page vs Community

Thursday's Semi-Finals in 12 A/AA

Lewis Co. vs Summertown

Loretto vs Culleoka

Edited by PageMan

Update on 12 A/AA:

Loretto def Hampshire 3-0 (25-8, 25-9, 25-11)

Lewis Co. def Santa Fe 3-0 (25-19, 25-16, 25-14)

Summertown def Columbia Academy 3-0 (25-13, 25-14, 25-20)

Scores courtesy of Columbia Daily Herald.

I will update my previous post to show Semi-Final matches.

Thanks for your support, Minerva. Jennica McGuire had great setting to Nicole Smith in Page's last match against Independence and I expect more of the same in tonight's semi-final match against Community. The only problem I see is the low ceiling at MTCS which could affect the height of each teams' setting. There is also a rolled up divider net above the VB net which can into play in the matches on Tuesday night. I feel that Page will overcome this obstacle and win with team play as there are several attackers that Jennica can set including Katie Vanderburg, Katie Guthrie, Dre Townsend, Chelsea Rion, and Jennifer Sorensen. Back row play and serving will also be keys to Page's success and Libero Becca Shreeve does both tasks well. Page's bench could also see some action as Jessica Green and Cassidy Smith have contributed during the season.

I don't think Eagleville will have much trouble with Van Buren Co., but the long lay off between matches could affect their play. Both Page and Eagleville will have to overcome this problem and get off the good starts in their matches tonight. I expect another classic match between Page and Eagleville in the championship match. Who will win the championship? I think you know my opinion on that.