ezell vs. goodpasture

skinnycat67

Show me the middle school roster from 4 years ago and the one for this year and let's compare notes. Word of mouth, booster involvement, work grants. However you want to phrase it. The rural public schools field the same teams year after year minus the ones that might transfer. That is definitely not the case with the private schools and isn't it just a coincidence that those that join after their middle school years are also excellent athletes? Hmmmmmm. How many underclassmen athletes sign on versus the general student body? I'll get back to you on the letters. I don't know off hand who sent them or which schools boosters made the phone calls.

Edited by ksgovols

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me the middle school roster from 4 years ago and the one for this year and let's compare notes. Word of mouth, booster involvement, work grants. However you want to phrase it. The rural public schools field the same teams year after year minus the ones that might transfer. That is definitely not the case with the private schools and isn't it just a coincidence that those that join after their middle school years are also excellent athletes? Hmmmmmm. How many underclassmen athletes sign on versus the general student body? I'll get back to you on the letters. I don't know off hand who sent them or which schools boosters made the phone calls.

i think people are mad b/c small private schools can play better than most of the public schools. lol. Schools like GP dont have to send out letters. people just transfer to play for good coaches and to go to a good school. People need to get a life and play football.

i think people are mad b/c small private schools can play better than most of the public schools. lol. Schools like GP dont have to send out letters. people just transfer to play for good coaches and to go to a good school. People need to get a life and play football.

perfectly said

amen..people see a great football tradition in schools like GP so they transfer in hopes of winning a state championship

That would be fine with GP. They have 19 seniors and 15 of them have been in school together since elementary. The other 4 came in during their 8th grade year. Please do not make statements unless you really know what you are talking about.

amen..people see a great football tradition in schools like GP so they transfer in hopes of winning a state championship

Then play it in DII. That's all I'm saying. Rural publics don't have the same playing field as the small privates. You want to be private? Fine. Play in a private division. The playing field is not level.

What positions do those 4 athletes that joined play? Just curious....

18 Goodpasture Srs their postitions and when they came as far as I know

1. Coleman Stroud QB 7th

2. Rob Phillips TE Kindergarten

3.Logan Darnell WR/FS Kindergarten/Elementary

4. Tyler Collins SS 7th?

5.Clay Paul K 2nd

6. Josh Clary LB/TE 5th

7.Brigham Anglea CB Elementary

8. Dwain Harris FB/LB 9th

9.Shantz Medely HB/LB Elementary

10.Reece Lovell FB/LB Kindergarten

11.Ryan Hanson C 7th?

12. Lance Locke DT Elementary

13. Dan Maxwell G/NG 5th

14. Quinton Groves G/DT 9th

15. Hank Graves G/DE Elementary

16. David McClurkin C/DE 5th

17. Peyton Porter TE 5th?

18. KJ Beavers WR ?

Then play it in DII. That's all I'm saying. Rural publics don't have the same playing field as the small privates. You want to be private? Fine. Play in a private division. The playing field is not level.

What positions do those 4 athletes that joined play? Just curious....

But what about the multiplier that all the public schools wanted to level out the field?

Trial and error. Who's winning the gold balls? I like the merit system where schools are classified by their performance on the field. Enrollment numbers and arbitrary multipliers mean nothing. The fact is that the rural publics are restricted by their school zones (for the most part). Open zones is another pet peeve, but I digress. I've witnessed Harpeth's middle school beat Ezell handily in a jamboree and annihilate Goodpasture during the season. It will be interesting to see how that extrapolates to high school. Only one of those Harpeth players transferred out to Father Ryan.

I'll give you the cyclical nature of public school football. Fairview is on an up cycle, while East Robertson is down a little and Harpeth is down alot. The late 90 Harpeth teams would have competed for the championship against the competition I've seen so far.

Trial and error. Who's winning the gold balls? I like the merit system where schools are classified by their performance on the field. Enrollment numbers and arbitrary multipliers mean nothing. The fact is that the rural publics are restricted by their school zones (for the most part). Open zones is another pet peeve, but I digress. I've witnessed Harpeth's middle school beat Ezell handily in a jamboree and annihilate Goodpasture during the season. It will be interesting to see how that extrapolates to high school. Only one of those Harpeth players transferred out to Father Ryan.

I'll give you the cyclical nature of public school football. Fairview is on an up cycle, while East Robertson is down a little and Harpeth is down alot. The late 90 Harpeth teams would have competed for the championship against the competition I've seen so far.

First of all Harpeth hasn't had a good year in a long time i doubt they could compete with any championship team for the past couple of years. I don't know about Ezell but Goodpasture's middle school teams are never really that good because they are learnig the fundementals for the high school football team, they aren't meant to go out there and dominate they just go through the system and always end up being a good high school football team.

That is very true about the middle school teams at Goodpasture.

They are just getting fundamentals down and learning the system.

You start to see how dominate they can be by the time they are

playing on the JV team. The Sr. class right now was very dominate

as JV players. The other 3 classes on the team right now

played very well. Bottom line is that the longer they are on the team,

the better they become.

yea "most public schools," you cant beat all of the public schools in AA state can you.