FC vs WC

bigmonster

Besides the passing game (which we didn't have to rely on due to a great running game tonight) I think this is the best the team as a whole has played. Great long drives that ate the clock and produced points, Defense only giving up one big play in the 1st half that was the TD catch and forced several turnovers (3 or 4 picks and maybe a fumble recovery) . Anyone know how Moran is? He went out with about 8:30 left in the 4th; it looked like he hurt his knee again.

Hope he is ok. WC totally dominated this one. Rebels couldn't stop the run up the middle.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the passing game (which we didn't have to rely on due to a great running game tonight) I think this is the best the team as a whole has played. Great long drives that ate the clock and produced points, Defense only giving up one big play in the 1st half that was the TD catch and forced several turnovers (3 or 4 picks and maybe a fumble recovery) . Anyone know how Moran is? He went out with about 8:30 left in the 4th; it looked like he hurt his knee again.

Update on #43. His remarked to some of us after the game that his knee is just a little sore; he did want to go back in but the trainer made him sit out the rest of the game so as not to take any chances with it. I was pleased to see a couple of new twists in the offensive plays and the line was blocking much better; looked like more of a team effort! The Wilcher boys and Moran are the combination in the backfield that the Pioneers needed from the beginning of the season. If they will limit the passing game to the quick screen passes and an occasional long hurl and let #15 and #7 run under it, but depend on the "power running" then they stand a good chance against Coffee County in two weeks. I feel that they should handle Sequatchie County OK; just don't overlook them. Congratulations to the whole team !!!

Edited by OldSchoolPioneer

Well WC came out with the win Last night 28-7 over FC well from what i heard that #61 was all over the offense last night and i also heard that he had a comliment from every one of the WC coaches saying he was a monster and he had a good game he had 17 tackles and some assist tackles too. Wc goes to playoffs and they will probably play RIVERDALE and my opinon they will lose cause RIVERDALE will put a ###### whipin on them like they have never seen like they did Smyrna last night

Well WC came out with the win Last night 28-7 over FC well from what i heard that #61 was all over the offense last night and i also heard that he had a comliment from every one of the WC coaches saying he was a monster and he had a good game he had 17 tackles and some assist tackles too. Wc goes to playoffs and they will probably play RIVERDALE and my opinon they will lose cause RIVERDALE will put a ###### whipin on them like they have never seen like they did Smyrna last night

FC would also get wallop by Riverdale.

FC should be better next yr. They will still have a problem at qb. Word is the freshman rb may be move to qb. If so, who runs the ball. In two yrs, FC will be competitive and FC probably gets rid of Baylor, Pope John and Oakland.

Edited by wingman10

First time the Pioneers have won in Winchester since 1983 (they haven't played every year since then...but they have played most years). Also the first time that Warren county has made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons since the '82 and '83 seasons.

Warren County still has the ability to get to .500 on the season and over .500 in the region (with a win at Coffee Co. in two weeks).

Great combined effort against Franklin Co.

Moran was 4-6 yards away from a 100-yard rushing effort and the wrinkles with the fullback, tailback, split back and the toss to a motioned receiver (the "rocket reverse") are going to be tough for any team to defend.

That was the most fun watching the Pioneers (on both sides of the ball) that I've experienced in a very looooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Let's have a big crowd go to Sequatchie County this Friday night.

GO PIONEERS!!!

I have heard there is some really intense bickering going on w/i the Fc staff these days. Guess Britton doesn't know how to handle losing coming from the Dale. Hope they can get it togther and finish strong.

They have Pope John at Winchester and Cookeville on the road. They need to play hard on every play no matter what the score is. It has been a long time since the Rebels have not made the playoffs and that is not acceptable in Winchester.

Edited by wingman10

YIKES...........that is enuff to deflate any balloon then.

It has been a transition for the players and the coach....it is hard for most of FC's fans... that they will not be in the playoffs. I thought at the beginning of the yr that the talent level was way down and with the hiring of a new coach....they would be fortunate to win three games...looks as if that is not going to happen.

Well defensiveman, #61's effort was not enough to quell the Pioneers was it ? And I'm sure I wouldn't characterize him as a "monster" How about "dirty." He is the one who took a cheap shot on Moran's knee in the 4th quarter, right? Anyway, we all know that WC hasn't much of a chance against Riverdale, but a chance to "go to the show" is way better than no chance, eh?

Well defensiveman, #61's effort was not enough to quell the Pioneers was it ? And I'm sure I wouldn't characterize him as a "monster" How about "dirty." He is the one who took a cheap shot on Moran's knee in the 4th quarter, right? Anyway, we all know that WC hasn't much of a chance against Riverdale, but a chance to "go to the show" is way better than no chance, eh?

Yes, FC wishes they could go to the playoffs...folks are not pleased...missing the playoffs is not acceptable.