East @ Cherokee

cherokeefan2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarentee East wins over West for the next 4 seasons.. When we started the 6year streak in the 90's it all started with dominant undefeated Freshman teams.. Which is what East has had the past couple of seasons.. We'll deal with that next year.

leectn - were you at the east - west game? You know it was closer than the score showed. Anyway, this thread is about the game with Cherokee.. I am still waiting for that one guy to tell me where the poll is that shows 80% picking Cherokee

stush96,

The 6 year streak that started with "dominat undefeated freshman teams" inthe 90's?

I believe if you will check the last undefeated freshman team until last year was 1966.

So either it took them 14 years to get though high school ( just joking I graduated from East), or the statement is wrong. I also believe that East is improving but I don't think I would "guarantee wins for the next 4 seasons"

My Freshman team was undefeated "93".. I'm hoping for big things in the prediction I made.. Myself and the 6 other seniors had the best record since the 69 State Champion team we wnet 28-10, beat Dobyns Bennet & Science Hill in the same season which had never been done before....

Anyway, can't wait for the game tomorrow fellas.. This sloppy weather will hurt the Canes a little, definately more condusive for a power running attack...

I don't dought what you are saying but the news paper last year stated it was the 1st time in 30 years (1966) that a freshman team was undefeated. As I said I also graduated from East so I am an East fan except when they play West (my son plays for West). I expect this weeks East/Cherokee game will be a good one. I will be listening on the radio and cheering for East. Good luck and I hope it is an injury free game for both teams. If East plays the same way they did against West they will be victorious.

According to the archives, Cherokee has won the past two by a total of 15 points. they are 3-2 in the past 5 years against the canes. The last time the canes won was 2003 when the Chiefs were down but somehow managed to make the playoffs. The year before that everybody beat them even Crockett. Every year that the Chiefs are above .500 they win, but not by a blowout. Neither team has played the same good teams this year so we can only blindly shoot from the hip on this one. I pick the Chiefs to win this one 31-24. The conference when all is said and done will be 1)West 2)Boone 3)Chiefs 4)Canes. The Chiefs and the Canes will both have a hard playoff future as they will travel to Death Valley and The Stone Castle against two very good South and Tn. High teams. I am helping coach a team in middle TN or I would be there to watch this one. This will be the best game of the year in the IMAC. Could go either way and good luck to both sides, but when 7:00 hits and the sewage starts stirring in the air behind the tee-pee the Chiefs will barely pull this one out 31-24.