East @ Cherokee

cherokeefan2

Haha why is it everytime we are picked to lose, we win? The only time all year the polls showed us to win was against Science Hill, and we lost. So keep the doubt coming. Somebody said Cherokees defensive ends will have to step up? haha that'll be no problam. Josh Williams and Josh Elkins have been the biggest DE duo in the IMAC. Somebody else said Brad Ramsey is fast and will gain yards in a "flash." That's a joke. Brad Ramsey probably runs a 5.4 40.

If East fans think that Brad Ramsey is fast, I can't wait to watch their faces when they see Milan pick the field apart. Milan will be the most athletic quarterback they've seen all season.

Easts defense may be good, but who do they have to stop the Cherokee rushing onslaught? If we want speed and agility, we hand it off the Kersey. If we want speed and aggressiveness, we hand it off to Carter. If we want consistent 10 yard gains, we hand it off to big Worley. This running game is a juggernaut, the team has more RBs to hand off to than East has wins.

We won last year when our team was in a rebuilding stage, and now that we're reloaded, it's gonna be an annihilation. Good Luck Canes, you're gonna need it.

I'm not sure I'd call Cherokee a juggernaut just yet. Up to this week, the Chiefs are only 2-2 against teams with winning records. The Chiefs O is scoring an average of 17 ppg but the D is allowing a bit over 20 ppg.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know, Brad is the fastest QB in the conference. He is also either the fastest or second fastest player on the football team. East has had issues with the power run game that Cherokee has used the past few years, but East has DL and LBs that are bigger and stronger than years past. Bottom line is that if Cherokee can run it up the middle as in the past, then Chiefs score up another W against the Canes. My belief is that the Eastmen will be better suited to stop the ground game. Cherokee has not played an offense like this. Every team that we have played has had fits stopping this version of the East offense. Coach Hatcher is a masterful strategist. The fact that the game is AT CHEROKEE does not help the Canes, but the overall speed that East possesses makes me think we are in much better shape for this game than in the past. East has a bruiser in Jimmy Mosier that has several times been a one man scoring drive. Should be a great game.

Edited by Ed Masters

Just so you know, Brad is the fastest QB in the conference. He is also either the fastest or second fastest player on the football team. East has had issues with the power run game that Cherokee has used the past few years, but East has DL and LBs that are bigger and stronger than years past. Bottom line is that if Cherokee can run it up the middle as in the past, then Chiefs score up another W against the Canes. My belief is that the Eastmen will be better suited to stop the ground game. Cherokee has not played an offense like this. Every team that we have played has had fits stopping this version of the East offense. Coach Hatcher is a masterful strategist. The fact that the game is AT CHEROKEE does not help the Canes, but the overall speed that East possesses makes me think we are in much better shape for this game than in the past. East has a bruiser in Jimmy Mosier that has several times been a one man scoring drive. Should be a great game.

Very true. They play low and are hard to move out of the way. Much better than last year from my point of view.

MObuck, since when did Cherokee earn the best defense end duo in the IMAC award. Watch some film please. And I dont play for East, as a matter of fact East is my schools biggest rival, but your a fool if you think Brad Ramsey is slow. And since when was Cherokee a Juggernaut. If thats the case, East you guys might need to stay at home. You must not have a chance of winning :thumb:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easts defense may be good, but who do they have to stop the Cherokee rushing onslaught? If we want speed and agility, we hand it off the Kersey. If we want speed and aggressiveness, we hand it off to Carter. If we want consistent 10 yard gains, we hand it off to big Worley. This running game is a juggernaut, the team has more RBs to hand off to than East has wins.

^^^ Well I never knew Cherokee had LaDanian Tomlinson, Eddie George, and Jerome Bettis all on the same team. I didnt kno you guys had the right to be that cocky.

To East High practice good, come ready to play.

Haha why is it everytime we are picked to lose, we win? The only time all year the polls showed us to win was against Science Hill, and we lost. So keep the doubt coming. Somebody said Cherokees defensive ends will have to step up? haha that'll be no problam. Josh Williams and Josh Elkins have been the biggest DE duo in the IMAC. Somebody else said Brad Ramsey is fast and will gain yards in a "flash." That's a joke. Brad Ramsey probably runs a 5.4 40.

If East fans think that Brad Ramsey is fast, I can't wait to watch their faces when they see Milan pick the field apart. Milan will be the most athletic quarterback they've seen all season.

We won last year when our team was in a rebuilding stage, and now that we're reloaded, it's gonna be an annihilation. Good Luck Canes, you're gonna need it.

Yeah boy.. Cherokee loaded with athletes, lol that's a good one. Which polls are you reading Bro? I have not heard of anyone picking the Chiefs.. You all are a homecoming team, who are you trying to kid.. Good luck, can't wait to see all of this talent Cherokee has

Ramsey runs somewhere around a 4.6 and cherokee doesnt know what an offensive juggernaut is. Maybe average over 5 td's a game and you can maybe say that. And cherokee doesnt have the best d in the conference. They gave up 30 some points to boone and i think Mo West just played them and gave up 6 so i dont know what your smokin, but it must be pretty good

hey morristown east what do you think of your new head coach. just curious i know there for awile noone wanted him. i got on here to help support him. i played for him at tusculum. seems like he is doing a great job and everyone is happy. he is a good man and had that wishbone ranked number one in the nation in NAIA at tusculum in 94. go get them coach hatcher.

friend and fan

coach shelton

hey morristown east what do you think of your new head coach. just curious i know there for awile noone wanted him. i got on here to help support him. i played for him at tusculum. seems like he is doing a great job and everyone is happy. he is a good man and had that wishbone ranked number one in the nation in NAIA at tusculum in 94. go get them coach hatcher.

friend and fan

coach shelton

I had someone tell me the other day when getting ready for this game - and someone who doesnt really like East - that it wouldnt be long before Hatcher was beating M. West on a regular basis....

After what I saw on Friday and what I heard about their game vs. West......I'd believe it.

He had West all but beat two weeks ago, driving for what I think was the go-ahead score with 6-8 minutes left and the QB made a really, really bad decision and tossed a pick from what I understand...

Edited by PTSportsWriter

I had someone tell me the other day when getting ready for this game - and someone who doesnt really like East - that it wouldnt be long before Hatcher was beating M. West on a regular basis....

After what I saw on Friday and what I heard about their game vs. West......I'd believe it.

He had West all but beat two weeks ago, driving for what I think was the go-ahead score with 6-8 minutes left and the QB made a really, really bad decision and tossed a pick from what I understand...

Yeah, almost beat us by 45 - 24. If West did not let down after the 14 quick points they would have had 50 before the half. However, the boys figured out East was not going to go away and did what needed to be done for the win. East may beat West sometime in the future, but they will have to do it before they get the credit for it.

After looking over their schedule, the obvious conclusion is that they have not been able to pull any upsets. They have only beat the teams they were supposed to beat. The only big offensive or defensive production they have had this year has been on teams too hapless (this year) to stay on the field with anyone.

East may be able to beat Cherokee, but I still think whoever has the ball last wins.

I guarentee East wins over West for the next 4 seasons.. When we started the 6year streak in the 90's it all started with dominant undefeated Freshman teams.. Which is what East has had the past couple of seasons.. We'll deal with that next year.

leectn - were you at the east - west game? You know it was closer than the score showed. Anyway, this thread is about the game with Cherokee.. I am still waiting for that one guy to tell me where the poll is that shows 80% picking Cherokee

I guarentee East wins over West for the next 4 seasons.. When we started the 6year streak in the 90's it all started with dominant undefeated Freshman teams.. Which is what East has had the past couple of seasons.. We'll deal with that next year.

leectn - were you at the east - west game? You know it was closer than the score showed. Anyway, this thread is about the game with Cherokee.. I am still waiting for that one guy to tell me where the poll is that shows 80% picking Cherokee

What that person is referring to is the CoachT pick the winner contest. It shows that (now) 77% of the people who picked the game have picked Cherokee to win. Unfortuntately, it does not say how many people have participated in this particular game. In other words, if only 20 people have participated then 15 of them have picked Cherokee to win. It is not a poll per se and it shows only CoachT members' idea of who will win. I do not think that there is a poll that shows that much of an advantage (or any advantage) to Cherokee anyplace else in the state.

ok..i have no idea who mobuck 21 is but he is just a bit excited about the game i think...east is a great team and we haven't seen an offense like this yet, but i do have to question the comment on how we havent seen speed like east's... number 6 for science hill is the fastest player i have ever played against...their whole team was fast...this will no doubt be a great game but i honestly feel that both teams are focusing so much on each others running games that it is going to come down to who executes through the air....I love games like this one...everyone should come watch because i gurantee you will be in for a excellent football game that will come down to the wire...Good luck east.....