South Side VS Liberty

southsidefan78

I don't understand why SS first string still in there late in the 4th quarter... Liberty played a good 1st half but them 3 fumbles to start the 2nd half killed them. Good game Hawks and lets do it again next week...

I agree. We need to make sure we stay healthy. Take out the 1st string when we have a substantial lead. Let's go all the way Hawks! Good luck, stay healthy, play hard!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why SS first string still in there late in the 4th quarter... Liberty played a good 1st half but them 3 fumbles to start the 2nd half killed them. Good game Hawks and lets do it again next week...

Isn't that typical of Jerry Hayes? I have heard that he has a reputation for running up the score and not subbing. He is going to get someone hurt someday though, and he sure can't afford it at this time of the season. He has a team that can go far, possibly all the way.

Isn't that typical of Jerry Hayes? I have heard that he has a reputation for running up the score and not subbing. He is going to get someone hurt someday though, and he sure can't afford it at this time of the season. He has a team that can go far, possibly all the way.

No that is not typical. In the majority of the games this year (and I have been to all) the second sting was put in after the first series of the second half.

You must been sleeping in the bathroom or something. Why is alot of the fans talking about not playing the 2nd string earlier in the game? No I don't think Jerry trys to run up the score on anyone. It takes alot to stop them big backs they got. I just hope no one gets hurt. GO HAWKS!!!

Edited by gohawks

That wasn`t the case against JCM or Henry County for sure.

No, it wasn't. That's why I said majority. The second team went in after the second half's first series at Northside, Chester Co., JCS, McNairy for sure, and possibly Fayette Ware as well. I hope they are in there at Bolivar! GO HAWKS!!

No, it wasn't. That's why I said majority. The second team went in after the second half's first series at Northside, Chester Co., JCS, McNairy for sure, and possibly Fayette Ware as well. I hope they are in there at Bolivar! GO HAWKS!!

Duckmax I hated to disagree with you but he's right. Hayes doesn't sub until late in the 4th in most games. The only game he played 2nd string after the first drive in the 2nd half was the Chester co. game. What he likes to do is work a few 2nd teamers in with the first team, until midway thru the 4th. Then he'll put in 2nd team. He's not trying to run the score up(most games he's running 2ndand 3rd RB/FB with the fist team Oline.) He doesn't like to get scored on is a big reason he doesn't sub all his Defense earlier. One kid has gotten hurt #66 broke leg in a 28 point lead early4th Quater. But when you are beating teams 40 -0 at halftime you still need your starters to get more work in than just 1/2 half. Hayes is doing a great Job at SS. Keep it up. Go Hawks!!