DB Indians vs Knox Karns

ArtVandalay

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think the glass was a problem have a good look at that concrete roof on the press box. That thing is about to crumble and fall on some poor soul. Id say they will fix it after it kills somebody.

Yes, I noticed that last Friday - part of the reason for the comment. Frankly, I think they need to tear it down, put columns over the paved area behind the stadium, add seats above those there now, and build a new press box. We need the seats too - all are reserved except the lower left and right corners of the home side. But nooooo, that costs money - no matter that there is a waiting list for seats. If it falls, I hope nobody's in the stadium when it does.

All i know is that Daniel Preston, John Mark Buchillion, and Trevor Salyers will be back next week. Enough said

Dang skippy!! Hasn't Daniel Preston just became one of the best Linemen on the Team? This player is on RED BULL every down!! John Mark and Trevor are both Senior leaders that the Indians can rely on. #54 has no doubt the most important multiple roles 1 player can have... Center, Long Snapper and Nose Tackle... Salyer is on the ball every down.

Maybe some of you Internet Fans can make it to Homecoming and see the best Team Graham Clark has ever had at DB. They are better in person than on CoachT!!

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

DB - 41

Karns - 7

Let the Karnage begin! :thumb:

As I have previously posted, DB will roll in this one. This game always triggers a fond memory for the Karns players and parents that were present for the upset of the #1 Indians a few years back. David rising up and punching Goliath squarely in the mouth. The Coaches put together a beautiful game plan and the kids executed with emotion and precision. The framed headline and story reside on the wall in my sons room to this day. There is nothing like highschool football.

I really enjoy your work Art, but I disagree with you about this being Graham's best team ever. Memories are short in sports, but the 2000 team was likely better. There won't be a Division I player on this team. The 2000 team had the best TB D-B ever had (Adonis Johnson). They also had D-I starting receiver Chris Henry and NFL starter Gerald Sensabaugh. That team scored over 60 points 3 times. They also dismantled a much better Oak Ridge team than this year's edition 32-6 AT Blankenship. The Defense allowed virtually 6 points per game with the starter's in, and that may be generous. Patrick Ghee started on that team as he does at Wake Forest (another D-I player). The 2000 team had unbelievable speed and would beat the current one because of it. I say all of that with a tip of the cap to the 1998 team that went 13-0 before losing in the semi-finals to a great Oakland team (that won the State the next week 52-20). The '98 team also had multiple college players, two National Champions, and an NFL draft pick on it. Not being ugly mind you, I just disagree.

Dang skippy!! Hasn't Daniel Preston just became one of the best Linemen on the Team? This player is on RED BULL every down!! John Mark and Trevor are both Senior leaders that the Indians can rely on. #54 has no doubt the most important multiple roles 1 player can have... Center, Long Snapper and Nose Tackle... Salyer is on the ball every down.

Maybe some of you Internet Fans can make it to Homecoming and see the best Team Graham Clark has ever had at DB. They are better in person than on CoachT!!

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

This game always triggers a fond memory for the Karns players and parents that were present for the upset of the #1 Indians a few years back. David rising up and punching Goliath squarely in the mouth. The Coaches put together a beautiful game plan and the kids executed with emotion and precision. The framed headline and story reside on the wall in my sons room to this day. There is nothing like highschool football.

I remember that game well. It was a damp, chilly night, almost a fog over the field. DB took the opening Kickoff and drove the field for an easy TD Drive. Nothing else came easy for the Indians the rest of the game. That Karns team was fast... they had the perfect Defensive plan for the Duran Ferguson lead passing attack of DB.

That was the last Region 1 5A loss by the Indians, which is really hard to believe.

And about other Great DB Teams, yes, I am sure I am guilty of too much praise for the '06 team, just been watching this Senior Group in all sports since they were 7 years old.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!