JCHS Longhorns verses SNHS Raiders

cowgirl

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 70's Ketron was a literal powerhouse in football and Lynn View was dominant in basketball and baseball. All of those athletes became parents in 2 or 3 different school districts. Bloomingdale is not one of them. J County will put 35 points on the board.

Unfortunately over the years Lynn Garden has become the armpit of Kingsport while Bloomingdale is more of an extension of Scott County than it is Sullivan County.

Unfortunately over the years Lynn Garden has become the armpit of Kingsport while Bloomingdale is more of an extension of Scott County than it is Sullivan County.

Tru that. Lynn Garden, some will say because of recruiting, however is always a ranking competitor along with Colonial Heights in Optimist League football. Ketron is never a competitor. Lynn Garden the armpit...yes. Bloomingdale an extension of Scott County...not as far as football talent is concerened.

Don't know the outcome though i have my opinion, but more importantly i'd like to see North come outta the gate fired up and focused from the start.Keep it going for the whole 4qtrs playing to there potential and see how good they can truly do against a qaulity team.I'd like to see them take control and dictate the flow of the game,they have been letting other teams control the pace.I'd like to see them play to win from the get go not play it to get it to 4th qtr and have a chance to win.Let it loose and not be so conservative and go for it.They have alot of kids playn the whole game and time 4th qtr rolls around there wore out and struggle to finish those games out.Why not go for it early when the team is still fresh and try to put the game away early.Try to take the other team out of there game early before depth and fatigue become a factor.Your playn into the other teams hand when u have 7 or 8 guys playn both ways and sittin on it try to get game to 4th qtr with chance to win, they have alot fresher legs on the field and are more mentally focused.I say that because when fatigue sets in the focus is not there and mental mistakes are made.Hence lack of exacution and reaching 4 people instead of using your feet to get there.Seems that this plays right into the opponents hands.Another plus of going for it early is alot of teams will get frustrated, panic, and quit if you jump on them early.Not Johnson county they never give up but it could effect there play.North has lost 3 games all 3 being in the 4th qtr. and with fatigue playn huge role in all 3 losses. Against Betsy they had chance after chance at the end but fatigue and mental mistakes cost them.North should have had that one put away early but they did learn alot about their self that nite,as a staff.They found out they had more weapons than they thought,they should have known this before hand but through conservative play up to that point they didn't find it till they were thrust into it.Therefor they didnt have confidence in it and wouldn't stick with it to put the game away earlier.Against Boone they playd with them to the end with chances to win it in the end,and again fatigue and mental mistakes was a huge factor in the final outcome.This game was different in the fact it couldn't have been put away earlier.But the fact remains playn for the win in the 4th qtr for North is not to there benefit.They missed alot of tackles and couldnt get the stop they needed.They were also had a very important drive that they self destructed on at the end, not sayn nothing about the kids play, just fatigue.I didnt see last weeks game,but what i read and heard from people i trust, was that it was a hard fought game but North made them look better than they was.They let Unicoi jumped on them early but they took control of the game and could have put it away midway.Again at the end fatigue and mental mistakes playd factor in the end, Unicoi tried to give it to them with a silly play selection but North didnt have the gas to close it out.I mean here u have a kid who plays every single play of every game" and in that gives 110% on every play, anybody who has ever seen him play will tell you that".Lining up to kick a field goal to win the game.I guarantee he was tired and legs were wore out.My point is,it shouldn't have came down to that.Thats why i believe they should b 6-1 and thats why id like to see them start going for it and playn to win,instead of playn not to loose.Sry about grammer but i'm in a bigtime hurry.Go Raiders

Edited by backinblack

JC 27- SN 20 I thought both teams played very hard and am proud of both.Just like so much for the Raiders they had a chance.Just like the post i made last night it came down to the end and they were outta gas.I still don't understand some of their decision making.Taking nothing away from Johnson county i feel North should have one the game.Why they didnt go for the first down on 4th and a foot early in the game deep in JC territory,i don't know.The end of the 3rd qtr lining up for a game tying field goal, everybody could see how disorganized they were.I was dieing for them to call time out, i told everybody something bad was about to happen, they were to outta sync.That was a critical time in game and those points were crucial at the time.Sure enough bad snap and loss of 20 yrds and no points.This is not the first time critical points were lost on disorganized field goal.It's different if your way behind or ahead or even at different stages in the game.It's happen a few times, why not call time out get orginized and let the kicker take time to get his bearings.I mean on the ones that could have major bearing on the outcome of the game.It was the same thing with 2 or 3 min. left and going for the tie, i was livid but when i see JC calling timeout i was so thankful.I mean at the time that kick was the game and the kicker who is also the qb took a beating on that drive.And if you have a d-back thats strugglin and teams r picking on them every week heavily with success.Why not do something, i know they don't have a capable fill in but u could at least switch sides with him inconsistantly on different plays to at least make the other team have to guess where he's gonna be at.I don't understand on Norths last drive why the fullback never touched the ball when they got deep in JC territory.He had been tearing it up.I also dont understand how in the spread the middle of the field was wide open and not once was it ever tested.I cant figure out why their scared to death to throw a slant,its practically being handed to them.I know i sound like im bashing im just frustrated,i feel they should just have 1 loss.This coaching staff is probably the best thats been at North,and have done a great job.They are gonna be successful, they have been very competitive and have had theirself in position to have a great chance to win in every game they have played.Thats what should be expected of coaching, it's up to the kids to finish it.I guess i just expect to much sometimes and i am proud of what there doing.They played to win and went for it tonight,almost pulling it off.