Catholic Invitational

inappropriate59

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats To Baylor on all the young men in Red in the finals.

Congrats to KCHS on a great Tourney on Saturday. However, going to midnight on Friday night was ruff on all the families and grapplers weighing in on the next day.

Fair price to watch some Great high School wrestling.

215 match was 3-1 for Morgan! Shane Reveiz looked good for only 6 days of practice.

The Commandos Freshman 189 took 3rd against some tuff comp.

Lassiter HS had some good looking kids in the finals.

AJ Farinella from Farragut took 3rd.

Nice to see all the great folks from the Coacht community!

Go Commandos.

Greeneville finished 2nd as a team with only nine wrestlers with six placers and Two champions, caleb myers won outstanding wrestler

I really liked the 171 from Greenville! (I think that was the weight class, he pinned a Baylor kid in the finals...enough said)

Jay at 119 from Notre Dame and Frankie Morgan 215 from Union are two of the best wrestlers in the state and looked good this weekend.

Edited by RonMexico

This tournament is a good one, however, there just isn't enough seating for such a large crowd. I had kids literally sitting on my feet on the floor Friday night!

How are we gonna get through Regions?? :thumb:

Yeah, between wrestlers bags, team coolers and kids sleeping between the row's there wasn't a lot of space. I really wish there was a dedicated area for wrestlers to keep their bags at tourneys.

Each team gets a row and keep the bags out of the stands where the fans are..

BTW-What was the final top 10 teams?

Edited by rigger101

The seating is certainly cramped, but the folks run an efficient tourney. I don't ever remember seeing dead mats and they had a good group of officials. If there's a way, it would be nice to finish Friday night around 10:00 for a 8:00 Saturday weigh-in. Maybe wrestle a little more on Saturday instead of finishing on Friday after 12:00? Met Porkchop103 and he is a nice young guy - hope you have a great year. Good to see Rigger and both his boys again. How about Pat Flynn and all those OLPHers BearCat and Harry? The best part of all might have been Charlie on the baby grand in the lobby - now that's talent!