South Rebel Defensive Front

TNPrepmaster

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think South will be grateful for the Happy Valleys on their schedule next year!! Who will they replace DB with on the schedule if that change comes to pass?

Money wise and W wise it's a good thing to play a team like H.V. on the 1st game you know the stands will be packed no matter who you play and you get a W. Down the road it may hurt especially playing a 2A one week and a 5A the next the size and athletes are totally different.. Have not heard about dropping DB from the schedule , do not think that will happen its a big revenue game...

They have talked about taking the DB game off the schedule for some time and the reason is that they have not been able to play with DB since the early 90s. The reason they continue to play DB is that they make more money in the DB game than than combined 3 or 4 other games. I was actually disappointed with the Happy Valley game as well being added and wished for Science Hill, Gate City or someone like that but I think they wanted a warm up game before they played DB.

I would like to continue playing DB and add another 5a or good team around here because it only makes you better and ready for conference games. I can remember when the South & DB was back and forth in the 80's and that is what made it the rivalry game that we know today and I can't imagine not going to a South and DB game every year. Sometimes it gets ugly like this past year but last years 7 to 6 game was a classic and gave them hope which is why they were so disappointed this year but swallow your pride and forget it and don't quit and give up.

There are no excuses....just haven't got the job done. But neither has many teams and no 4a school but Maryville the last 5 years. That doesn't take anything away from the local programs being successful programs. You guys have not had ANY success to speak of so what is your excuse? When you get bombed week in and week out you can't really come on here mouthing to anyone about Ws...now if they start talking about losing then you can chime in.

By the way...are you actually hess himself?

But this thread is about South....so I'll give it back. By the way, were was it reported that DB/South would not take place?

Well, I guess it wasn't actually reported. It is being talked about at South. And currently it is just a rumor. Hopefully that is all. Some of the parents agree that because of the student body issues (both sides) it seems to get more out of hand each year and therefore maybe it would be a good idea to give it up. I personally don't see that solving anything. Most of us feel that it is the most important game of the year. Maybe that is an issue also but one we can manage. When I hear more I'll post it.