Creek Wood vs. Cheatham County

CWHSFan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wins this one?

Having both teams play Lipscomb. Here is my take. Neither Creek Wood or Cheatham could stop the ball on the ground with their defense. Cheatham County is more creative on offense. However, if Creek Wood can establish their running game, I look for the Red Hawks with their size advantage to take this one by controlling the clock and keeping Cheatham County's offense off the field. If they can't, then this game could be a high scoring contest and it could go either way. Somebody has got to play some defense--because both teams have some talent on the offensive side. Just some thoughts.

Having both teams play Lipscomb. Here is my take. Neither Creek Wood or Cheatham could stop the ball on the ground with their defense. Cheatham County is more creative on offense. However, if Creek Wood can establish their running game, I look for the Red Hawks with their size advantage to take this one by controlling the clock and keeping Cheatham County's offense off the field. If they can't, then this game could be a high scoring contest and it could go either way. Somebody has got to play some defense--because both teams have some talent on the offensive side. Just some thoughts.

Good observation :lol:

If Creek Wood wins they'll still control their own destiny as far as getting to the playoffs are concerned. In fact if they win they'll be playing Giles Co. for a home playoff game next week.

If Cheatham Co. wins (and assuming Page takes care of Mont. Central) then there's going to be a 4-WAY tie for the #4 spot in the region between Cheatham, Creek Wood, Page, & Spring Hill (those other two play each other next week).

It is Senior Night in Ashland City and I hope that the Cubs come out and play with more emotion and intensity than they showed at times last week at Spring Hill. If they play like they did from about midway through the first quarter until halftime then I'll take the Cubs to win. If the Cheatham team that turned the football over a million times in the second half shows up then I'll go with Creek Wood.

Pre-Game Fact: My buddy Jsmack is whopping 5-0 lifetime against the Cheatham Co. Cubs. That worries me heading into this one :thumb:

This game has the biggest impact overall in the region this week.

That's correct because outside of the Lipscomb-Giles first place battle you'd expect Page to roll over Mont. Cent. while Spring Hill & Marshall have byes.

TE Stokes is a hoss running the football for Creek Wood. He looked dominant against both Sycamore & Page in earlier games this year. The Cubs must prevent him from gashing them with big plays. TJ Dollard is an athletic quarterback back there. The Cubs have seen a few like him this year in Dunnavant (Giles), Lohin (Sycamore), O'Neal (Marshall Co.), & Smith (Spring Hill). Blake Neel from Page is still left on the schedule as well. Does everyone have an athletic quarterback these days or what????? Krantz and Darnell anchor the biggest line in the region. The Cubs are pretty small up front so they'll have to play physical or they'll be in trouble. If Creek Wood's got the ball in the end down by three points or less I am going to be very worried. Sam Shelton has connected on 7FG's already this year. He is probably the best kicker we've seen this year (although Francis from Sycamore & Stafford from Giles can get it through the uprights as well).

I consider Cheatham and Creekwood to be cut out of the same football mold. They both play "smash mouth" football... not very flashy. They try to run the ball and run the clock on offense and only mix in occasional play-action passes. On defense they pride themselves on flying to the ball and arriving with an attitude.

They also both lost great senior classes and fairly young. I thought Cheatham was the better team last year....and Creekwood won. So, I don't know what to expect on this one. Creekwood seems like the hotter team right now... I am sure it will be a great game for true football fans.

I consider Cheatham and Creekwood to be cut out of the same football mold. They both play "smash mouth" football... not very flashy. They try to run the ball and run the clock on offense and only mix in occasional play-action passes. On defense they pride themselves on flying to the ball and arriving with an attitude.

They also both lost great senior classes and fairly young. I thought Cheatham was the better team last year....and Creekwood won. So, I don't know what to expect on this one. Creekwood seems like the hotter team right now... I am sure it will be a great game for true football fans.

I'm sure I speak for Creek Wood's supporters as well but as a Cheatham supporter I would like to thank you for the kind words about our football team. In both of these teams cases athleticism is not what would be considered as an "overwhelming advantage". Running, Blocking, & Tackling are what wins football games eventually despite how well prepared in the x's & o's dept. a team truly is. Both of these teams do those last two things very well. It takes attitude to play the game this way and be successful and both of these schools have it. Both coaching staffs know how to coach it that way. That's why year in and year out these two schools will always be in the playoff hunt despite how young anyone believes that they are. Ask Marshall Co. will Cheatham Co. hit you in the mouth???? Ask Page will Creek Wood hit you in the mouth????