Campbell Co Coach on TV for Supplying Creatine

Topgun

Campbell county caoch was just on TV channel 8 for supplying his team with Muscle Tech and Cell Tech. Come on every knows NO-Xplode and Cell Mass are better :thumb: Seriously though looks like he could be in very hot water over this. One parent is demanding action fromt the school board. Hope it works out for him, I can see the reason for his actions.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably not the 1st school and probably not the last to do it.... Some people post on here to make a school look bad, and this should stop, according to the rules I thought we read when registering... why don't you post something about the anniversary coming up about the shooting that occurred there at campbell county and express condolences.( like the poster did from science hill..bless you) instead of trying to start another fun-poking thread that has been frequented all year long.

probably not the 1st school and probably not the last to do it.... Some people post on here to make a school look bad, and this should stop, according to the rules I thought we read when registering... why don't you post something about the anniversary coming up about the shooting that occurred there at campbell county and express condolences.( like the poster did from science hill..bless you) instead of trying to start another fun-poking thread that has been frequented all year long.

I agree that some like to kick you when you are down (being a Dragon fan I know this all too well), however when a person in this role chooses to do what the coach at CC has done and I agree he is not the first and won't be the last he unfortunately he has had a player suffer ill effects and got caught. I am not poking fun I just hope coaches, parents and players would see beyond the quick satisfaction of the inhancers and see the possible long term effects (the effects that go way beyond high school).

Don't think anyones making fun, just that the coach may have messed up his future at Campbell County. I read the article on the news channel website and watched the video.

It was never my intent to make the school look bad. I don't believe that there are any side effects on creatine since it is found in meat and other foods anyway. And the protien is the same story. Check it out on the web. You will find no long term side effects from using these products. Steriods are another thing all together. And I bet the farm that there are players using them this season. (not on Campbell Co but other teams.) Don't get creatine/protein confused with steriods.

I think channel 8 is trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I bet most if not all the parents knew their kids were taking this stuff. How could they not. Its hard to hide a 5lb can of creatine and a 10lb can of protein under your bed. The coach was just making it less expensive for them by buying it in bulk. Now is the time for the parents to step up and support their coach.

Edited by Topgun

No, I certainly don't condone what was done, I am certainly against these actions.... I will agree fully, No Coach has the right to supply suppliments to any child, and am very, very concerned.... However someone posted earlier "it didn't help any"...maybe I took this wrong.

That was cheap shot, I agree. I'm a Patriot fan. If you look back at my posts about our game with campbell co you will see I gave them great praise for the way they played and never gave up. I only wish great things for the school and players this season.

As far as the creatine and protien, I really don't see anything wrong with it. These are legal supplements for strength gains. If people want to complain about what the schools give our kids how about the crappy lunches full of fat and junk machines through out the schools.

This is a bigger problem than we would like to think. Creatine in athletes under the age of at least 19 has not been studied. The effects on the kidneys can be terrible. I hope the parents get answers and satisfaction. NO Coach has the right to supply these supplements to anyones child.

You are absolutely right my son plays and has taken supplements which are in my home and what I have deemed safe as a parent. The decision to take supplements should never be done by a coach. If the CC coach loses his job over this he probably deserves it. Also I don't think the CC staff are very good examples for thier team due to something that I saw happen at a JV game earlier this year. Anyway that's just my opinion.

Edited by don222

Being in Middle, not East, Tennessee, I really don't have a dog in this hunt. Just trying to get educated on the issue with a few questions.

Are the suppliments banned by the TSSAA or the national organization?

Can an individual under the age of 18 legally purchase the substance?

Were players REQUIRED to use the suppliments or were they offered as an individual choice?

If not required, were the suppliments encouraged by the coaching staff?

Thanks,

VI