McMinn Cherokees

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to come in there MCHS and stir the pot up. I have been wondering where you've been.

The four McMinn starters and the other one that Coach Q wants back are all wonderful players and girls. I root for them to win every ball game (except against blueandwhite) because they deserve a great senior season.

Hey, it's just a game. And yeah, they are some great girls. As far as I know, the girls are great young ladies. But I have different feelings about the coaches. Course that's just me, and my kid doesn't have to play for them. So, if they can stand him all year, I can for two games.

WAIT!!!! There's more to schools then athletics??? Ha Ha, just joking.

No one has said it, but I will. There is something wrong, BAD WRONG, with the program at McMinn. I know that the players at Central would walk through walls of fire if C. Morgan or C. Young just pointed at it. And the players at WV hang around C. Tucker all summer and think the world of him. But I don't see or hear that from McMinn players or families. In fact, the families that I know have very little to say good, if anything, about the women's coaches at McMinn.

I feel for the girls that play at McMinn. That is one of the best classes of girls to come thru any school around here in a long time, but they have nothing to show for it. The skill is on the floor, the only other thing that I can think of that needs to be looked at is the coaches. If they want to win, they are going to HAVE to make some changes.

I only get to watch them play twice a year, but last year in one game that I watched, the game was lost by the coach. Pure and simple.

Well, I was being nice about the whole player leaving McMinn thingy but I guess you blow the bubble. Yes I agree that something is wrong when you have had not only this girl leave the program but others in the last two years. I think the coach needs to look into a mirror and go soul searching and maybe then he will find the answer.....

Well, I was being nice about the whole player leaving McMinn thingy but I guess you blow the bubble. Yes I agree that something is wrong when you have had not only this girl leave the program but others in the last two years. I think the coach needs to look into a mirror and go soul searching and maybe then he will find the answer.....

The current coach did not have success coaching boys at another school in our county and everyone here knew that. So this has been warned a few years ago when Coach Bob brought him over to be his assistant then left to Walker valley and he becomes head coach.

I don't think Tucker has won any gold or silver balls but there is not a fan at Mcminn that would not go crazy to have him back!!! We loved him. I bet he has won more games in the last 20years than where your from AArules. What did you win, one gold ball in one or two winning seasons over 20 years. I'll take the wins over 20 years over one or two great years then back to average! :blink:

At least football future is looking bright here. :D

The current coach did not have success coaching boys at another school in our county and everyone here knew that. So this has been warned a few years ago when Coach Bob brought him over to be his assistant then left to Walker valley and he becomes head coach.

I don't think Tucker has won any gold or silver balls but there is not a fan at Mcminn that would not go crazy to have him back!!! We loved him. I bet he has won more games in the last 20years than where your from AArules. What did you win, one gold ball in one or two winning seasons over 20 years. I'll take the wins over 20 years over one or two great years then back to average! :lol:

At least football future is looking bright here. ;)

Better watch what you say.....I would hate to have to look up the records for the last 20 yrs. and prove you wrong......Tucker IS a fantastic coach......but until you hang the banner a fantastic coach just has a good record and nothing to show for it.

Better watch what you say.....I would hate to have to look up the records for the last 20 yrs. and prove you wrong......Tucker IS a fantastic coach......but until you hang the banner a fantastic coach just has a good record and nothing to show for it.

AA, only one team a year per classification gets a gold ball. To imply that Tucker/Morgan aren't great coaches, because they only have wins and no banners, is krazy! There are some awful coaches that have the golden ball. Take up for Q if u want(i like the guy), but don't minimize other coaches accomplishments in the process.

Edited by hopalot

AA, only one team a year per classification gets a gold ball. To imply that Tucker/Morgan aren't great coaches, because they only have wins and no banners, is krazy! There are some awful coaches that have the golden ball. Take up for Q if u want(i like the guy), but don't minimize other coaches accomplishments in the process.

Wow, 2A are you always that stupid?

Think of all the very good to great coaches in college that have not won a title, or perhaps have not won one in 20 years. Are those previous great coaches just now good on the years that they don't win the title?

Further lets take Bruce Pearl for instances is he less of a coach than the TN state A championship coach, Bruce has not won a championship but that single A coach has which one is better? By your def you pick Mr. Single A coach who maybe good but he is not competeing against other D-1 college coaches.

I think you have to look at the coaches situation (feeders, program, talent) and determine what kind of job he or she has done relative to their situation.

Speaks for itself? How many gold balls do they have between them?

You are so funny AA... no gold balls but Morgan is one of the winnest coaches in the state if I am correct. Well, we go to coach Tucker, he is just a great teacher/coach and is very well liked by his players and his parents. On the other hand I can name you some that are not liked at all by either of the two... Question? can you name him/her? :lol:

Speaks for itself? How many gold balls do they have between them?

Of the record that I could find, Coach Morgan is the 9th winningist coach in the state, and that is all time. Which includes A, AA, and AAA. Take out the coaches that are retired like Coach Smitty from Bradley County and a couple of others and he moves up to 6th winningist active coach. Again, that is ALL schools in TN that is governed by the TSSAA. Put two silver balls along with that and you have a great coach. Yes, THAT record speaks for itself. There isn't a school anywhere that wouldn't be tickled pink to have him coach their girls. I know I am. But, lets not look at the past... Let's look at this year. I'll put this years record up against any other school's that you can find. The next three or four seasons for that matter. :lol:

Edited by MCHSBballfan

I know that at the end of the day, most coaches are measured by wins and losses.

I prefer to see class individuals that help our young people develop into winners off the court as well. I think there are lots of coaches that fit this criteria and if a coach finds himself sacrificing morals, ethics and character for winning, they should move on.

If you take care of the athletes as a caring coach, success on the court will follow.