Alcoa vs. Sweetwater

clintabbott

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa own this region, maybe they ought to muster up enough guts, and play up, instead of cake-walking thru this region year in and year out! :D

Alcoa playing up to teams like #1 4A Maryville, #1 DII AAA McCallie and #1 3A Fulton are the reasons they "cake-walk" thru the region.

catback.............Maybe your team needs to muster up enough guts and play up! :thumb:

True ALcoa takes no one lightly...I Thought Sweetwater would get beat by Rockwood really though....I would like to see Alcoa play up...Meigs County and Trousdale play up, Alcoa does not in football, but DOES in basketball (football is 399-666 for AA, Alcoa is at 411) could you imagine a region with A-E, Fulton, Catholic and Carter?? The multiplier is gonna get CAK in the next classification period....feel bad for them.

The Alcoa boys are practicing as hard for this week's game as they did for the "Big 3" (Murvul, McCallie, and Fulton). If anybody thinks they are taking this game (or any game) lightly, they are sadly mistaken.

Alcoa has no business "playing up". I've heard enrollment #'s as high as 450, which would still put us in the "small 2A" category. There may come a day (as there has been in the past) when we get beat by other teams in our region. We're just enjoying the ride as long as we can!

We don't play up for basketball and baseball by much (if the 450 quote for enrollment I got was correct!): Student enrollment for AA in those sports: 462-996

I'd say if AHS doesn't have 462 by now, they will soon. Overcrowding is starting to be somewhat of a concern.

Edited by aliastn

True ALcoa takes no one lightly...I Thought Sweetwater would get beat by Rockwood really though....I would like to see Alcoa play up...Meigs County and Trousdale play up, Alcoa does not in football, but DOES in basketball (football is 399-666 for AA, Alcoa is at 411) could you imagine a region with A-E, Fulton, Catholic and Carter?? The multiplier is gonna get CAK in the next classification period....feel bad for them.

Depending in what region cak would get placed in it could be easier than the region they are in right now if cak got but with gibbs and union county they could compete for the region but i agree with if they got put with catholic fulton ae and carter it would be bad

I've been hearing rumors from the Alcoa school board that they expect the student body in the HS to be over 550 in a few years. With the massive expansion of the already large St. Ives I expect Alcoa to be 3A in football in the next 4-6 years. They already are planning building a new elementary school. Also their is the possibility of building an intermediate school and saving the old elementary school so they will have a total of 4 school buildings. Alcoa is on the rise.

I've been hearing rumors from the Alcoa school board that they expect the student body in the HS to be over 550 in a few years. With the massive expansion of the already large St. Ives I expect Alcoa to be 3A in football in the next 4-6 years. They already are planning building a new elementary school. Also their is the possibility of building an intermediate school and saving the old elementary school so they will have a total of 4 school buildings. Alcoa is on the rise.

I was told by the chairman of the school board that the high school building will only hold around 500. He also said that their goal was to make sure that Alcoa stayed a small school and not have over 500 students. Some county kids are already being turned away. I would hate to see Alcoa get any bigger than 500. That is one of the best things about Alcoa: it's a quality small school in a quality community.

I would think the first thing that needs to be done to make sure Alcoa stays small is to increase the tuition from $400/year.

Even if the enrollment rose to 550, we'd still be a 2A school.

Edited by aliastn

Anyway, to get back on topic:

There was a good article in the Daily Times today about our qb. Rankin even said that Alcoa isn't over looking anyone, they're playing week to week, and are practicing hard like every week is the state championship.

GO TORNADOES!!! BEAT THE WILDCATS!!!

Edited by aliastn

I would think the first thing that needs to be done to make sure Alcoa stays small is to increase the tuition from $400/year.

Even if the enrollment rose to 550, we'd still be a 2A school.

AMEN to that!!!! I would be happy to stand by you in asking for a tuition increase...I have 2 kids in...the younger in middle school came home and told me she did not have a seat in her classroom once...JK was letting in too many at the middle school. If we charged HALF as much as Maryville we would weed out some much needed space...500 is plenty but we could still play up! When there were only 3 classifications we played up and won AA by beating mighty Brentwood Academy. we will always have the talent. We just need a coach to make a LONG term commitment

I hope Alcoa's football team takes Sweetwater as light as some of you on here. This has given them some good bullentin board material, and like my son said this morning we dont pay any attention to this crap but it does get you pumped up a little more. I would be a little concerned about the Cats if I was you, They are a pretty good football team, and are playing pretty good right now. It will really surprise me if this is not a closer game than you may think. I will go out on a limb and say sweetwater will WIN by at least 6 if everybody on here and the team thinks like that post.

.............AHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Ok ok ok look this isnt 1993, this isnt even 2003 Sweetwater MIGHT be a decent team and against any other 2a School im sure they would do well...This isnt just any other 2a school though. This is ALCOA...The team that has owned you for YEARS....If Alcoa get the ball first they will be up 21-0 at the end of the 1st QT, if not they will be up 14-0......Sweetwater will not be in the game long and once again before 10pm I will be enjoying Shoneys Breakfast buffet!