TheGreatLineJudge

In 2003, when Blackman and Germantown were in the AAA state finals and Blackman LOST, Lindsay Sisco from Blackman was the Tournament MVP.

Typically, yes, the MVP comes from the winning team. But not always. Just a little food for thought, as well as a precedent from a "higher level" in tournament play.

ND won the district. Be happy for that! :D

I just can't get over it....

ND won 3-0. If it were a five game miracle win by ND, that would be different.

I am not for either team so I am not argueing for ND just argueing the point.

I agree, it is not a real big deal.

ND fans and coaches were in shocked when it was announced which tells me only one team/coach voted.

This will be good for ND in the long run. Alot of motivation for next week... and beyond.

Edited by mtnman

ND fans and coaches were in shocked when it was announced which tells me only one team/coach voted.

I'm not sure the coaches voted. I think that it may have been a panel of refs or something. At least it looked like one of the refs (not calling the final match) was tallying up the votes just before the team was announced. There was a whole row of refs sitting just behind the scorers table during the game. I wasn't there for the other games so I don't know if they had just finished calling the semifinals or not.

Edited by just4fun

Let me reiterate that I am not from Notre Dame. I don't want to give ND a bad name for complaining on their behalf.

No one from ND has complained on coacht so maybe it is just me. (or maybe they need a coacht account) Make sure you get a plus membership if you do.

Other people I have talked to who have been in high school athletics for a long time agree with me but none of us were there.

99.9% of the time the MVP goes to the championship team.

I will also say, Laura Brock is one of my favorite players to watch. She can sky. Congratulations to Laura.

Should make for an interesting re-match next week. (assuming Grace doesn't pull off the upset)

Good luck to all.

Peace, love and happiness!!

Let me reiterate that I am not from Notre Dame. I don't want to give ND a bad name for complaining on their behalf.

No one from ND has complained on coacht so maybe it is just me. (or maybe they need a coacht account) Make sure you get a plus membership if you do.

Other people I have talked to who have been in high school athletics for a long time agree with me but none of us were there.

99.9% of the time the MVP goes to the championship team.

I will also say, Laura Brock is one of my favorite players to watch. She can sky. Congratulations to Laura.

Should make for an interesting re-match next week. (assuming Grace doesn't pull off the upset)

Good luck to all.

Peace, love and happiness!!

I've never seen the MVP given to a losing team either here in KY. Doesn't seem like the right thing to do, but in the end ND can perhaps channel that disrespect into the next time they face them. I suspect they may have to get past them one more time. In the end they got the biggest prize and now may even have a mental edge next time.

Announcements