Boyd-Buchanan 42 Sequatchie 6

Indian

Bucs led 35-0 at half, helped by turnovers, one long INT return was fumbled at the Seq 5 and returned the rest of the way by another player, TD before that was right after a DB just standing in position (a junior playing his first year, so basically a freshman as far as experience) let an interception go right off his hands and it was caught by a Boyd receiver, those plays summed how the night went and how the season has gone. Seq intercepts in the first quarter, returns it to the BB 40 but clips during the runback, behind the play and loses 35 yards. Seq moved the ball well at times even before BB cleared the bench in the fourth, started out with a 60 yard pass on the first drive, bad snap at the BB 16 led to fourth and long and a sack, Seq had 2nd and 2 before that bad snap. Seq drove to the BB 25 midway through the second but threw an interception on 3rd down. Hathaway doesn't have the speed I expected, how could he I suppose with the surgeries, but I can see him bulking up and playing fullback. Runs hard. He had a big night but no huge runs. BB has a good team, I'd say with Seq's schedule they'd be 4-3 or 5-2, losses to Tyner and Temple and a tossup with Westmoreland. All that being said, I do have to ask what was the point of running a fake punt at midfield, ahead 35-0 with five minutes left in the third, on fourth and 10? That allowed Hathaway to score from around the 20 on the next play.

Edited by Indian

Bucs led 35-0 at half, helped by turnovers, one long INT return was fumbled at the Seq 5 and returned the rest of the way by another player, TD before that was right after a DB just standing in position (a junior playing his first year, so basically a freshman as far as experience) let an interception go right off his hands and it was caught by a Boyd receiver, those plays summed how the night went and how the season has gone. Seq intercepts in the first quarter, returns it to the BB 40 but clips during the runback, behind the play and loses 35 yards. Seq moved the ball well at times even before BB cleared the bench in the fourth, started out with a 60 yard pass on the first drive, bad snap at the BB 16 led to fourth and long and a sack, Seq had 2nd and 2 before that bad snap. Seq drove to the BB 25 midway through the second but threw an interception on 3rd down. Hathaway doesn't have the speed I expected, how could he I suppose with the surgeries, but I can see him bulking up and playing fullback. Runs hard. He had a big night but no huge runs. BB has a good team, I'd say with Seq's schedule they'd be 4-3 or 5-2, losses to Tyner and Temple and a tossup with Westmoreland. All that being said, I do have to ask what was the point of running a fake punt at midfield, ahead 35-0 with five minutes left in the third, on fourth and 10? That allowed Hathaway to score from around the 20 on the next play.

The Punter is a sophmore (a freshman as far as experience). We did not have a fake punt called. He saw an opening and HE made the decision to run. It was the right one since no one was around him for 25 yards. Sequatchie has a good group of kids, good luck on the rest of the season.