Mcewen at Jo Byrns

bigtuck4242

Dateline - Fall 1995

Location - The original rock pasture, Robert Elder field

Game - JB v. McEwen

We knew they run traps.

We knew they run a formation that spreads across the entire field.

We knew they run an x-tra point/field goal formation that was kind of strange.

We "knew" we had THE team and McEwen was not going to beat us.

We got beat 7-6.

I've told this story to several thru the years and wanted to make sure I got it out to the seniors this year. If memory serves me correctly, I think this game was also our senior night. Take it to heart guys, and take care of buisness this week in practice.

Here is a hint D-line...don't be too agressive or the trap will kill you.

Check out my post on the Forrest - E-ville thread!

Edited by Shep

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already counting Cascade out? No chance Cascade might win the region?

I believe there's a good chance Cascade has 2 playoff games at home. I'm sure JB's players aren't over looking Cascade, are they?? Week ten will be a great week for both team's fans. How ever it plays out, both teams have had a great year!

Go Champs!

We arent lookin over them we just know that we'll win :thumb:

I believe there's a good chance Cascade has 2 playoff games at home. I'm sure JB's players aren't over looking Cascade, are they?? Week ten will be a great week for both team's fans. How ever it plays out, both teams have had a great year!

Go Champs!

i agree with you great year for both team's and i don't think JBHS player's are counting you out just yet,,, until week ten good luck i think region 5 will do pretty good in the playoff's B)

Go Champs!

There's always a chance that anybody can win but I think cascade's chances are slim to none. I feel the same way about McEwen. As you mentioned, as a fan I can say things like this but if I were to ever hear a player say anything like this I'd guarantee a loss. You know as well as I do you can't overlook anybody, especially McEwen and cascade. However, after watching both teams play I think McEwen is out-manned significantly. As for cascade, they will be out-manned some what but they will definitely be out coached if they play JBHS like they did McEwen. Against McEwen, cascade's offense seemed very predictable and their defense was out of position a lot.

As for the JBHS/McEwen game, McEwen doesn't have enough players to be competitive for 4 quarters against a team like JBHS. I'd say McEwen has 4 or 5 good players but they play both ways. For McEwen to win JBHS would have to turn the ball over 4+ times and McEwen would have to be near perfect on offense. I know I'm sounding pretty cocky right now but that's truly how I feel...As long as JBHS continues to play like they have been, I think what I've said will be the truth.

There's always a chance that anybody can win but I think cascade's chances are slim to none. I feel the same way about McEwen. As you mentioned, as a fan I can say things like this but if I were to ever hear a player say anything like this I'd guarantee a loss. You know as well as I do you can't overlook anybody, especially McEwen and cascade. However, after watching both teams play I think McEwen is out-manned significantly. As for cascade, they will be out-manned some what but they will definitely be out coached if they play JBHS like they did McEwen. Against McEwen, cascade's offense seemed very predictable and their defense was out of position a lot.

As for the JBHS/McEwen game, McEwen doesn't have enough players to be competitive for 4 quarters against a team like JBHS. I'd say McEwen has 4 or 5 good players but they play both ways. For McEwen to win JBHS would have to turn the ball over 4+ times and McEwen would have to be near perfect on offense. I know I'm sounding pretty cocky right now but that's truly how I feel...As long as JBHS continues to play like they have been, I think what I've said will be the truth.

Amen brother speak the truth,, i don't think either team has nowhere near play a defense like JBHS has and if you score on the 1 defense then you can say something about your 1 offense,,, has'nt happen but twice i think and it was because of special team's but it is much better now B)

i dontn thinkitll be that close and yea itll be a tougher game than we have had in the past but it wont be that clos and itll definatly be decided in the 4th

Are u a player? i dont remember seeing a #54 at all this year. Not being mean, just an honest question.

Jo Byrns has another really good team this year i saw them play ER

they are very capable of winning big what goes around comes around

What do u mean what goes around comes around? u saying Jo Byrns winning big would come back to them?