South Fulton @ Mckenzie

Devil_Alumni

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Rebels are banged up, they need to play alot of young kids this game and get healthy for the second season. Fayette Acad. and Jo Burns appear to be very good this year. :D

Lets hope so. Nicelt said justasnap, LIVE IN THE WEIGHT ROOM AND DO EVERYTHING U CAN TO GET BETTER, IT WILL EVENTUALLY PAY OFF, ANYTHING EXTRA THAN WHAT THE COACHES OR ANYONE ASKS OF YOU TO DO. LETS GET THIS PROGRAM STARTED BACK RIGHT.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!

SF does have wonderful facilities.

I'm sorry to be on the negative side...just frustrated along with many SF fans and supporters...only thing we hate to continue to hear is how young our team is...we do agree but so was Ballard Co., Gleason, Bruceton, UC and West Carrol...so please quit using that as an excuse....our scores in those games should have been closer, exception to BC which was, and we should have won atleast 2-3 games from the above mentioned. Too what causes a team to just quit tackling? We need a head hunter on defense bad!

It would help us for this game to be close...we need our confidence back before we go to Greenfield....I admire QB's and both teams have good ones...so this game will be fun to watch...Grooms at SF is having a tough year from injuries before the season but he has a gun and accuracy...only difference from him and Carr is an experienced line and great receivers to go with him...too our running back situation has much to be desired...things will get better at SF...our boys need to come out fired up...which they haven't since about the second game....and be ready to play...yes defense is getting better but we have got to play like never before this season for it to be close...my best to both teams and hope for a injury free game

Well since our game with Bruceton it looks like the defense has stepped it up alot. And honestly being young is the only thing that is wrong and theres no way around that. They will get better, thats a part of football and things do look bright for the future in SF.

Yes Grooms is very good and he does have some pretty devent recievers around him, Corbin hasnt had many catches in the past few games but he seems to be the go to reciever but when u dont have a line that cant keep the pressure off the qb then you wont really get anywhere. Minchew is one that has suprised me and he has really good at pulling in passes.

The rb posistion is just lost right now. Taylor has been hobled by an ankle injury all year and Shelton hasnt looked bad at all fillin the spot for him. He is small but he wont go down without a fight. And after this year the line should be much better with the only losses are the C Kyle Jackson and TE Cranick.

Bottom line is the team is just flat out inexperienced. Theres no way around it other than just riding out the season and doin the best that they can do. Lake County went through having few upperclassmen a few years back and look at where they are at now. I wish the best of luck to them this friday night and so fourth to Mckenzie and i wish for NO INJURIES..

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Devil_Alumni

If the Rebels are banged up, they need to play alot of young kids this game and get healthy for the second season. Fayette Acad. and Jo Burns appear to be very good this year. <_<

I don't guess one could say the Rebels are banged up right now other than Merrick who's out for a couple of more games. Actually, we seem to be in better shape than normal right now. No doubt there are the usual bumps and bruises that go with this time of the season but, overall we're pretty good.

Still, if the starters get their jobs done early we'll no doubt get some of the younger players on the field a good bit.

For a fact we will be running into some good teams from the 2nd round of the playoffs on to as far as we can carry it. However, to us the most important game is this Friday night vs. South Fulton!! All of the team and fans here have stressed all season that the only BIG game is the NEXT game!!!!! I think all will agree that that is by far the best and really only sane focus that we can have this season.

This Rebel team is very good to say the least with probably 3 or more players worth consideration for all-state in Class A. But, those things will all take care of themselves if and when the TEAM takes care of it's business for a few more weeks.

:lol:

I don't guess one could say the Rebels are banged up right now other than Merrick who's out for a couple of more games. Actually, we seem to be in better shape than normal right now. No doubt there are the usual bumps and bruises that go with this time of the season but, overall we're pretty good.

Still, if the starters get their jobs done early we'll no doubt get some of the younger players on the field a good bit.

For a fact we will be running into some good teams from the 2nd round of the playoffs on to as far as we can carry it. However, to us the most important game is this Friday night vs. South Fulton!! All of the team and fans here have stressed all season that the only BIG game is the NEXT game!!!!! I think all will agree that that is by far the best and really only sane focus that we can have this season.

This Rebel team is very good to say the least with probably 3 or more players worth consideration for all-state in Class A. But, those things will all take care of themselves if and when the TEAM takes care of it's business for a few more weeks.

The main thing I'm worried about is trippin over my big feet when i walk out with Bug for senior night this Friday. It's truly an honor to walk with him/ As is with anyother Dad or Mom on this night when your Honor Your child's accomplishments. I am Very Proud of u Son. You have never given me a moment of grief. Play hard and let's RUN THE TABLE BABY. <_<

<_<;)

If the Rebels are banged up, they need to play alot of young kids this game and get healthy for the second season. Fayette Acad. and Jo Burns appear to be very good this year. :lol:

;) Yes they do. And like any other town they have a good fan base. And not too long ago were top of this region and will be again And Tiger I DO THINK THAT TCA CAN AND WILL BEAT FAYETTE ACADEMY. pLAY HARD TEAMS AND NO IJURIES. B)

HE'S BACK!! WANNAB!! Where you been? All of my Rebel people on here, WANNAB is a true Rebel fan. Duck, you should remember him.

WANNAB, the wood shed is probably going to be open, but I don't see Coach Comer being like some others we know that like taking folks to the woodshed.

Good to see you back.

I agree, never under estimate any team on any given night. My guess is that the "Wood Shed" is not far around the corner. Inside Joke for My Pal C.L.

We started ours here in McKenzie 5 years ago and you can truly see a difference in our kids. The whole thing about the flag and tackle league is you have to get the kids into it at a early age. You also teach them the fundamentals at this age so when they get into the middle school, they have some clue. But along w/ that you have to have coaches in these programs who know a little about the sport.

DC, from all I've seen there are a lot of the small NW TN towns around here with some pretty decent peewee programs and they will definitely help the programs in those towns. I'm pretty familiar with the program in Gleason and it's gonna help them but, they need better coaches in that program there. It'll still help them though.

:thumb::D

:D Yes they do. And like any other town they have a good fan base. And not too long ago were top of this region and will be again And Tiger I DO THINK THAT TCA CAN AND WILL BEAT FAYETTE ACADEMY. pLAY HARD TEAMS AND NO IJURIES. B)

Yea i remember in 2003 were playing West Carroll for the region title and coming back from a half time deficit 21-7 to make it 22-21 but then fell 27-22 in the final minutes of the game.

That year we played Fayette Aceademy in the first round of the playoffs and had them beat 18-8 in the 3rd quarter but quite a few key players went down to injuries and we just gave it up 42-18. That year Fayette made it all the way to the Semi-Finals and got beat by 3 points.

Edited by Devil_Alumni