• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fyi

cookeville had 193 yards rushing and 173 yards passing

that adds up to a little over 100 yards but barely. lol

What math system did you study? :thumb:

I come up with the figures of either 20 or 366 using modern NEA approved formulations. The TEA may have a different math system. ;)

Edited by jimbo44

Congrats to Cookeville, and former L.C. player now coach Noah Repasky, they came into our house tonight and to put it simply kicked our butts, period.

I have no answer for it, Cookeville was fired up from the very beginning, and we had no emotion at all, until the end of the game when it was too late. Cookeville made the plays when they had to, and we didn't that's about all you can say. We blew the pass coverage three different times and gave them either tds. or critical first downs when we desperately need a stop on defense. Cookeville did nothing fancy at all just when it was time to make a play they just stepped up and did it.

The offensive line did a great job run blocking tonight, but, did an equally bad job tonight on pass blocking. It seemed like everytime Chris Shelton dropped back to pass the ball, he was either running for his life, or getting sacked. We would run the ball a couple of times and pick up good yardage and then drop back to pass and get sacked and loose 10 or 15 yards and kill the drive. Great job again by Jeremy Ramsey running the ball, which like I said earlier was in part because of good run blocking by the line, but the pass blocking was horrendous to say the least.

I think that the play that drove the final nail into our coffin was right after we had scored to pull within 4, late in the fourth qt., and had Cookeville third and 15 from about their 20, and we once again blew the coverage, or just plain got beat, and gave up a long pass, that set them up first and ten inside our territory. Like I said, every time that they needed a big third and fourth down conversion they got it and we couldn't stop them.

Congrats Cookeville you outplayed us tonight, you will probably get Lavergne in the first round and we will get Lebanon.

You may be right, nail in the coffin, but the coffin was already built!! That was only ONE drive of the whole night. ONE DRIVE!! I believe Cookeville had two other passes completed that went for TD's. Not 1st. downs. One of the worst nights for LC's secondary. They will bounce back. Look out for the playoffs. Cookeville played a good game.

Congratulations! I was suprised to see Langford make that big run right up the middle! He is quick, but he was caught in the backfield or for a short gain many times. A good game!! Once again, Congrats to Cookeville.

Hang in there Falcons. LC LC LC

Edited by TNCASH

Right on all points, Falconstatman. Our pass defense hasn't been great all season, but I thought our defensive front would harass Hennigan enough to limit their passing game. He had WAY too much time to get the passes off - alot of it was his skill, though - he's good.

If the Cavaliers play with that kind of intensity against Riverdale it will be a great game!

The cavs still have alot of work before we can think about a Riverdale rematch for 3rd or 4th yr in a row

Edited by cavsmaniac

i like how yall respect each other. rutherford co. is in denial. everyone thinks lavergne is same ol' lavergne (no body shows respect). and it is not just lavergne that gets riped. by the way congrats. to cookville. i have seen lc on tape. they looked pretty good.

do not read anything about region 4-5a teams because all it is is people talking bad to one another. yall need to give them some pointers.

Both teams played their hearts out!! We (cavs) want it a big win over LC to keep the Region to us! LC had a great team this year ill gave them that.they played good that night.. yes they had some tuff time blocking (o-line) the cavs D. and given time for their QB to fine a open man. so my hat goes off to LC..good game to both team Go Cavs :rolleyes:...........................

#10QB..T.Hennigan 3 TD...........#3RB..D.Langford went over 100 rushin and had 1 TD..........#85WR..K.LaRoche had 2 balls threw to him and both of them went for a TD..........#80WR..C.Webb had 1 TD...

CAVS Region 3-5a champs!!!!!!

Edited by 2XxX0