Gatlinburg-Pittman vs. Cumberland Gap

atnvol

:D As expected, GP handled a outmanned West Greene team Friday at Hammonds Field. CG beat North Greene by a large margin. CG has scored 100 points in its past two games after getting off to a slow start offensively. GP pounds the ball and occasionally throws with much success. GP has played alot of youth this year due to comfortable margins of victory in many games. GP's secondary has really come alive(Chase Young had two picks vs. WG and I believe Taylor Ogle had one).

For the year as a team, they are one of the better teams in E.TN as far as interceptions. GP is averaging over 44 points per game offensively and giving up about 16 points per game defensively. According to Earl Nall's prep performance rating, GP is a heavy favorite in this Claiborne County contest, but CG seems to play GP very well at CG. They had a big victory at GP last year, and the ball can bounce very strangely on any given night. How do others see this tilt and lets get some team info from the CG faithful. Regards.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know CGHS has had a really tough year having to replace 13 seniors that started somewhere, but but that topic has been talked about over and over. Everyones counting us(cghs) out.If G-P thinks they are gonna come in and have an easy game they are dead wrong. Im glad that we are the underdogs cause great teams beat people they arent suppose to, and CG has the capability to be a great team. So as long as they come in thinking that they are big bad G-P and we dont have a chance they are in for a rude awakening.

Ya know CGHS has had a really tough year having to replace 13 seniors that started somewhere, but but that topic has been talked about over and over. Everyones counting us(cghs) out.If G-P thinks they are gonna come in and have an easy game they are dead wrong. Im glad that we are the underdogs cause great teams beat people they arent suppose to, and CG has the capability to be a great team. So as long as they come in thinking that they are big bad G-P and we dont have a chance they are in for a rude awakening.

GP has only had 2-3 games this year that one might call easy. The rest have been battles for the most part. Benny Hammonds does not let his team think too highly of themselves and they have nothing but respect for CG. I believe I stated in the first post on this topic that CG plays GP well. With that being said, it will be very interesting to see how GP's secondary plays against CG's 6'7" QB. I have heard that he is really beginning to grasp the CG offense and that he spreads the ball around and especially likes to throw to his backs. I am sure he sees the field well.

Gp must get pressure on him to be successful. Regards ;)

I just dont want everyone thinking that GP is coming in here and dominating...Cause hopefully that wont be the case.CG is ready for an all out scrum.They know how good GP is, and they know what to expect.As for playing tough against GP that they do.If I remember correctly, two yrs ago it was 14-14 heading into halftime, and CG come out deadheaded in the second.But ya know thats how it goes.Hope to have a good game and hope that everyones ready cause it should be a heckuva game.

If CG shows up all game

CG-38

GP-28

If not

GP-42

CG-21