Lexington vs. Fayette Ware

lexsportsfan

I'm picking Lexington in this one. Fayette Ware can't stop the run (see Southside and Bolivar).

I am curious about something. I am not trying to start a "war" with anyone on this thread. However, I have read where some of the previous posters listed coaching as a reason Lexington would win. Fayette Ware's coach has 2 state c'ships, one 2nd place finish, and has developed plenty of college and NFL talent. I am not seeing where Fayette Ware is at a coaching disadvantage. Three years ago, no one ever mentioned Fayette Ware football. Now, look at them. Yeah, sure, maybe some people may not like the guy personally. But, I think he puts a pretty good product on the field.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm picking Lexington in this one. Fayette Ware can't stop the run (see Southside and Bolivar).

I am curious about something. I am not trying to start a "war" with anyone on this thread. However, I have read where some of the previous posters listed coaching as a reason Lexington would win. Fayette Ware's coach has 2 state c'ships, one 2nd place finish, and has developed plenty of college and NFL talent. I am not seeing where Fayette Ware is at a coaching disadvantage. Three years ago, no one ever mentioned Fayette Ware football. Now, look at them. Yeah, sure, maybe some people may not like the guy personally. But, I think he puts a pretty good product on the field.

No doubt Tim Thompson is a great coach. But, Lindsey wins with the hand he was delt, he doesn't get to draw from the deck. That why most think he's a little better coach.

thompson has won 2 state titles so he must know somthing, no other coach at melrose has don it yet,

I dont think anybody is doubting Thompson's coaching skills. I think he's a great coach. I just think Lindsey is doing 1 heck of a coaching job this year considering most people thought Lexingon might get only 3 or 4 wins this season. Plus look at the talent that was on those Melrose teams. They were the best higschool team that I've ever seen play. They had 4 NFL players on one team. There are some college programs that have never had 4 NFL players on 1 team. There are thousands of highschool coach's that have never coached 1 NFL player in thier lifetime, let alone have 4 on 1 team.

I like what Thompson is doing at FW. I just think that this year the Lexington staff is willing working hard to put them in a position to win.

Speaking of Coach Thompson, heres a great article from this months On the Ball Magazine on him.

http://www.ontheballmag.com/features.cfm?I...mp;ArticleID=31

Edited by montague1

I dont think anybody is doubting Thompson's coaching skills. I think he's a great coach. I just think Lindsey is doing 1 heck of a coaching job this year considering most people thought Lexingon might get only 3 or 4 wins this season. Plus look at the talent that was on those Melrose teams. They were the best higschool team that I've ever seen play. They had 4 NFL players on one team. There are some college programs that have never had 4 NFL players on 1 team. There are thousands od highschool coach's that have never coached 1 NFL player in thier lifetime, let alone have 4 on 1 team.

I likw what Thompson is doing at FW. I just think that this year he Lexington staff is willing working hard to put them in a position to win.

Speaking of Coach Thompson, heres a great article from this months On the Ball Magazine on him.

http://www.ontheballmag.com/features.cfm?I...mp;ArticleID=31

I understand and that makes sense. I didn't expect much from Lexington this year, and they are having a good season.

No one is doubting the coaching of Tim Thompson. Whether or not you have 4 NFL players or not it is a great feat as a Coach to win two State Championships.

I mean Joe Torre has had the best talent by a long shot the last several years in baseball and has no title to show for it.

I also know, that even though he has done a tremendous job, there is still a long way to go at FW to turn them into a championship type team. Even a region championship type team.

FW and Coach Thompson are getting there but they still have a ways to go. Just not near as far as a few years ago. But, they do have lots of talent.

O.K. youre all nuts if you think Lex has an advantage in the coaching dept. Steve couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag. He had no choice but to win last year with the team he had, if he would have called 30 wedge every play they still had a good shot at being undefeated. The year before he had ty evans(Miss St.), cedric fields(1000 yd rusher), and some really good linemen, not to mention quadrus buckley(Jackson sun defensive player of the year). He has had talent thrown into his lap, he might as well just let them call the plays they know more about what theyre doin than he does. Check out the 6 seasons prior when lexington was a consistant 5-5, or 4-6 type team,who was coaching then???? O i remember, Steve Lindsey.Ive been in the huddle, seen him in practice, there isnt one person on the team that has anything good to say about his coaching ability.

O.K. youre all nuts if you think Lex has an advantage in the coaching dept. Steve couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag. He had no choice but to win last year with the team he had, if he would have called 30 wedge every play they still had a good shot at being undefeated. The year before he had ty evans(Miss St.), cedric fields(1000 yd rusher), and some really good linemen, not to mention quadrus buckley(Jackson sun defensive player of the year). He has had talent thrown into his lap, he might as well just let them call the plays they know more about what theyre doin than he does. Check out the 6 seasons prior when lexington was a consistant 5-5, or 4-6 type team,who was coaching then???? O i remember, Steve Lindsey.Ive been in the huddle, seen him in practice, there isnt one person on the team that has anything good to say about his coaching ability.

Coach Lindsey cant coach himself out of a paper bag?

Even though he starts freshmen and sophmores in the secondary. 80% of his starters didnt have any real varsity playing time before this season. And he had to replace a starter at every skill position, but his team is tied for the #1 seed in the region going into week 8. Thats a sign of not being able to coach?

You're a kid in highschool and suddenly you think your coach can't coach. Do you even realize how over matched you guys are in most of the games you've played in? From a physical stand point most 14 and 15 years olds just dont match up well agianst 17 and 18 year olds, but Lexington has been in every game except for 2. Bolivar was a better team, McNairy had better skill position players, Liberty had better team speed, but Lexington still won those games. You know why? Because that coaching staff is there late night after you leave practice putting together a game plan that will put you guys in a position to win. I know they do because I'm very good friends with Coach Lindsey, Coach Johnson, and Coach Hollinsgworth. And I was in the huddle too, when Lindsey was an assistant there. I know how far this program has come. Matter of fact Coach Johnson and Hollingsworth were in that same huddle with me as players, I know what they bring to the table as coaches. Ask those two assistants if the knew half of what the other players knew when they went to play college ball. Nope they didn't. Back then you was taught the basics and told to play, the staff now is getting kids ready to play at the next level. You want proof, look at 2 seniors off the team last year that are starting now on thier college teams.

I admit Coach Lindsey and his staff a became better coaches as of late. Lexington was his first head coaching job and there was some bumps and bruises along the way. To tell the truth Lexington football is just now recovering from that accident in which a young man lost the lower part of his leg because of an injury in practice. Kids didn't want to play because of that. So take a little history lesson before you make a comment like that.

Coach Lindsey cant coach himself out of a paper bag?

Even though he starts freshmen and sophmores in the secondary. 80% of his starters didnt have any real varsity playing time before this season. And he had to replace a starter at every skill position, but his team is tied for the #1 seed in the region going into week 8. Thats a sign of not being able to coach?

You're a kid in highschool and suddenly you think your coach can't coach. Do you even realize how over matched you guys are in most of the games you've played in? From a physical stand point most 14 and 15 years olds just dont match up well agianst 17 and 18 year olds, but Lexington has been in every game except for 2. Bolivar was a better team, McNairy had better skill position players, Liberty had better team speed, but Lexington still won those games. You know why? Because that coaching staff is there late night after you leave practice putting together a game plan that will put you guys in a position to win. I know they do because I'm very good friends with Coach Lindsey, Coach Johnson, and Coach Hollinsgworth. And I was in the huddle too, when Lindsey was an assistant there. I know how far this program has come. Matter of fact Coach Johnson and Hollingsworth were in that same huddle with me as players, I know what they bring to the table as coaches. Ask those two assistants if the knew half of what the other players knew when they went to play college ball. Nope they didn't. Back then you was taught the basics and told to play, the staff now is getting kids ready to play at the next level. You want proof, look at 2 seniors off the team last year that are starting now on thier college teams.

I admit Coach Lindsey and his staff a became better coaches as of late. Lexington was his first head coaching job and there was some bumps and bruises along the way. To tell the truth Lexington football is just now recovering from that accident in which a young man lost the lower part of his leg because of an injury in practice. Kids didn't want to play because of that. So take a little history lesson before you make a comment like that.

I am a parent of a player who is currently playing for coach Lindsey and his staff and I do belive that he had a great abundance of talent last year that would have won no matter who was coaching them ! I also believe that players that have worked their behinds off in practice and have always been there and do have talent are not being played over some how are not as talented. Is it because of who they are and their namesake or what their parents do? Who knows? I have been around sports all my life, and have watched all of these kids play from county league to present date, and the 2 or 3 that went to the next level have been awsome from the start. They went to the next level on sheer ability not coaching. I have heard a lot of negative commits from the parents and players regarding coach Lindsey and another assistant coach. I think some of the parents are frustrated that they watch daily as their player gets looked over. Do you have and Juniors on your team? I never hear of Juniors from any commit. I know for a fact that you do and they are pretty good players I know! In the beginnig of the year the players and family get the same speech, it doesn't matter who you are or what your momma and daddy do, if you don't practice and do what you are supposed to do required of this team, you won't play. Or something to that affect. Yet all year some are sick under the shade tree and others are out there sweating their butts off and working hard. That's kind of hard to deal with when you're a parent of one of those working players. in closing talent makes any coach look better than they may be, but when your not using talent that is right under your nose it' s just nuts!!!