Lexington vs. Fayette Ware

lexsportsfan

You know Lexington does not get alot of good publicity as it is, we sure don't need one of our students making such negative comments about our coaching staff. Lexline is not a member of the team this year, but was last year. The team is doing much better than anyone expected this year, and I personally am very proud of the boys and the coaching staff. GO BIG RED!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a parent of a player who is currently playing for coach Lindsey and his staff and I do belive that he had a great abundance of talent last year that would have won no matter who was coaching them ! I also believe that players that have worked their behinds off in practice and have always been there and do have talent are not being played over some how are not as talented. Is it because of who they are and their namesake or what their parents do? Who knows? I have been around sports all my life, and have watched all of these kids play from county league to present date, and the 2 or 3 that went to the next level have been awsome from the start. They went to the next level on sheer ability not coaching. I have heard a lot of negative commits from the parents and players regarding coach Lindsey and another assistant coach. I think some of the parents are frustrated that they watch daily as their player gets looked over. Do you have and Juniors on your team? I never hear of Juniors from any commit. I know for a fact that you do and they are pretty good players I know! In the beginnig of the year the players and family get the same speech, it doesn't matter who you are or what your momma and daddy do, if you don't practice and do what you are supposed to do required of this team, you won't play. Or something to that affect. Yet all year some are sick under the shade tree and others are out there sweating their butts off and working hard. That's kind of hard to deal with when you're a parent of one of those working players. in closing talent makes any coach look better than they may be, but when your not using talent that is right under your nose it' s just nuts!!!

Thank you for using your first post to prove my point. This is a prime example of whats wrong with the sports programs in this town. Parents think they know more than the coaches, and that their kids is more talented than the kids that get to play. Do you actually think the staff wouldn't play kids that could contribute? Some kids just aren't ready to play yet. Starters get hurt and sometimes miss practice, but if they are able to go on Friday night, then they usually play. That's how it is in most places. The Junior class is good, but they are expected to be able to jump in and play. They have 2 years of varsity football under their belt. The freshmen that start in the secondary were playing middle school ball last year, and Friday night they have to line up against Wade Bonner, that's a huge jump.

And you are way off on those kids making it on pure talent. They were all talented but they had help from the coaches. Take a guess as to how many game tapes the staff sent out to different colleges to have those guys looked at. They worked their butts off to get those guys recruited to D-1 colleges. Before Lindsey, very very few got recruited from the Lexington football team , most to NAIA. Lexington had one player make it to the NFL, and he had to walk on at Memphis. And even greater than that is what they are teaching these kids. Before this staff, linemen would go to play college ball and be lost because they didn't know simple things like the 3 and 4 technique. They teach these kids more aspects of the game than the old teams were taught.

You can believe what you too. Remember you can always send your kid to Riverside if you're not happy with the staff.

i am not from lexington (although i do have some family there) but i have seen them play more than a few times. Coach Lindsey always has a good game plan, he makes good half time adjustments, and he puts his players in a position to make plays and win ballgames. It is crazy to say he is not a good coach just because you or your kid didn't get as much playing time as you think he should.

I had a coach tell me once, "Dealing with parents is one of the hardest parts of coaching. Everybody thinks thier little johnnie is the next superstar even though he is 5'2" 125 and couldn't run out of sight in a week. And they want to know why he is not the starting QB."

On the high school level it is difficult to know if your child is REALLY working their butts off on the practice field. You are simply not there to know. I am sure that the coaching staff at any level take into consideration a players attitude, both on the field & in the locker room and guess what "momma" you're not there either.

It is a shame that we as parents no longer encourage our children to play sports in order to be a part of a team, something larger than just themselves. It seems that if our child can't be the star or a starter then we just feel like they are 'overlooked'. We make excuses, allow our children to quit in mid-season and give them permission to disrespect their coaches. There are many life lessons to be learned on the playing field that include EARNING a place on that field, gaining the respect and admiration from players and coaches and keeping a positive attitude. We all know going in that there are only so many positions on the field and there is merit to standing on the sidelines and cheering on your team. Years ago there was a Navy player in the Army-Navy game who had been injured in a previous game and stood on the sideline on crutches. Although his team was being defeated he encouraged and cheered and never gave up on his teammates. Navy went on the win that Saturday and this injured player was named the MVP although he never stepped on the field. No matter what your place on a team you CAN make a difference if your parents will just let you.