Oneida @ York

TheRinger

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats everyones oppinion on this weeks game for the tribe.

I hope ohs comes out with a win but im tellin yorks offense is usually very good.. they have the double wing and its hard to defend.. lambert will be ready as always but i thank this will be one of he hardest games of the season for ohs.. even tho we lost to them i thank ohs has a shot of beaten this team.. we played them the first game of the season and we wasnt rollin and we wasnt runnin our new defense.. OHS is gonna come out with this victory if they show up to play..

And the thrills and spills ride continues! ;) I'll say this much for right now...Oneida does a good job keeping you on the edge of your seat! I'm curious what the number is for interceptions in a game is, I thought the boys had a good chance of getting at least 2, possibly 3 more the other night. I'm not sure how this week is gonna go, but its gonna be better not having the stress having to win to keep playing. After Friday night, the play-offs start a week early for the guys. A. Jeffers congrats on the interception record, that one has stood for 22 years. The old guy is probably crying in a corner some where. :lol:

Kazzy

And the thrills and spills ride continues! :) I'll say this much for right now...Oneida does a good job keeping you on the edge of your seat! I'm curious what the number is for interceptions in a game is, I thought the boys had a good chance of getting at least 2, possibly 3 more the other night. I'm not sure how this week is gonna go, but its gonna be better not having the stress having to win to keep playing. After Friday night, the play-offs start a week early for the guys. A. Jeffers congrats on the interception record, that one has stood for 22 years. The old guy is probably crying in a corner some where. ;)

Kazzy

hey Kazman who had the old record? I do know the tribe had better be ready for a physical game the dragons will line up toe to toe and try to run it down your throat. they have 19 or so seniors so we better eat our wheaties :lol:

Some Newport Kid that played back in the old days with you. I'll say this, he was just three yards shorter and he got to the endzone about the same time AJ crossed the 20. :thumb: I heard the kid was raised on rocket fuel. :( To bad they didn't have stopwatches back then, they say there was little puffs of smoke coming off his feet. :huh:

Kazito

After delving deep into the dusty pages of history (man, 1983 was a loooooooong time ago. I'll bet all those guys are gray-headed and feeble now, eh? :)), it appears that the record was 95 yards, set by Phil Newport in 1983.

That's what I was told by the fellow doing the research, anyway. He also said that the 95-yard INT return was almost the only touchdown Newport ever made. :o Whether there's any validity to his report, I have no idea. :thumb::D