Grace Golden Eagles

THELEGEND

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace lost a lot of seniors. How are they going to be?

Interesting team they have this year. Immensely talented, but extremely young. They will start, at most, one senior. They have two fantastic big men (possibly the best combo of big men in East TN), and the guards are talented but young. They will probably have to start TWO freshmen guards. Mind you, both of these kids are very talented. The problems will come when they play a team like Temple who could harass their young guards into lots of turnovers. Should be interesting, they have tons of potential.

Interesting team they have this year. Immensely talented, but extremely young. They will start, at most, one senior. They have two fantastic big men (possibly the best combo of big men in East TN), and the guards are talented but young. They will probably have to start TWO freshmen guards. Mind you, both of these kids are very talented. The problems will come when they play a team like Temple who could harass their young guards into lots of turnovers. Should be interesting, they have tons of potential.

What about when they face CSAS?

I know this is about Grace, but Silverdale has suprised me the past year. Being a young team in TSSAA, I feel they are on their way to making some noise in the future, if they continue to get better. I was impressed with them last year. and correct me if i am wrong, but didn't they make it to Regionals last year? They are a new team (Not counting the years in TACS).

Edited by PBG030

Silverdale will be constantly changing defenses which worked at times last year against Grace and will be much more affective now that Grace has so little experience.

At what point did Silverdale's defense confuse Grace last year. They smoked them by 40+ twice in the regular season and in the District tournament played their worst game of the year and still beat Silverdale by 16. Their issues that night were about missing OPEN shots they normally knock down. It had nothing to do with anything Silverdale was doing.

For the first time ever, Grace will start two non-white guards in the backcourt. One of the kids went to Grace last year and dressed as an 8th grader, the other is Geoff Herman's son from Tyner Middle. Both are freshman. They will also start a kid from Berean who is 6'10" or something. Another transfer is from out of town.

I'll end this for you right now. No one knows who will be starting for Grace b/c Grace doesn't know yet. There are a lot of possible combinations and from night to night it won't matter who starts b/c whoever has the hot hand is who will finish the game. There are 5 or 6 guards who could start as well as the possibility of sliding Carter to SF and starting 2 other post players. The options are limitless and should provide Grace with the ability to be unscoutable. Any number of 10 or 11 players should see significant minutes. I'll say this. It doesn't matter who starts they will be very fast and very athletic (including the big boys).