West TN 1A Playoff Bracket

MOTO24

Indeed. My team ofcourse is the mckenzie Rebels. Now we have played some tough teams 2a and 1a and some 3a and have faired very well. We will be champions in 7a then face Fayette academy probably from 8a from there it seems to be a crap shoot Jobrns seems to be the toughfest. It will be interesting between Us and Fayette Academy if our defense can hold our offense will prevail.

But on any given nite....lada....lada...la. Good luck to all.

Ya McKenzie has came out of no where to me. I was not aware of how good they were until the past few games and i have been following htem now. I am expecting them to make some noise too.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite surprising, I figured more people would have been aware of McKenzie by now. McKenzie has been very good since at least 2000.

2000 - (11-2)

2001 - (13-1) 2A Champions - State Semi Finals

2002 - (9-5) State Semi Finals

2003 - (9-3)

2005 - (8-5)

That I am aware of, since Coach Comer has been here, the Rebels have had only 1 bad year and that was in 2004. Especially in 2001 and 2002, I couldn't imagine what might have happened if we were down in Single A.

Edited by BigDMcK

Quite surprising, I figured more people would have been aware of McKenzie by now. McKenzie has been very good since at least 2000.

2000 - (11-2)

2001 - (13-1) 2A Champions - State Semi Finals

2002 - (9-5) State Semi Finals

2003 - (9-3)

2005 - (8-5)

That I am aware of, since Coach Comer has been here, the Rebels have had only 1 bad year and that was in 2004. Especially in 2001 and 2002, I couldn't imagine what might have happened if we were down in Single A.

:thumb: Let's add some stats over 1600 rushing yds and over 1600 passing yds in thr redzone 54 times score 49 times kneeled victory5 times . :lol:

Butchie and BigD,

I'd rather be an unknown surprise than to be expected at the show!!!!!! :lol: How much longer do ya'll reckon we can keep the Rebels under radar???? :thumb:;)

Yep, this Rebel team is very good!!!! Not many expected them to come on like they have. TheBoredGuy told me it was gonna happen before the season started but, I wasn't real sure they could get up for what he was telling me. He was right and I'll tip my hat to him for seeing this one coming.

I don't have a clue who wil come out of the west to represent us at the 'Boro but, I do know it will be one fine football team whichever one of us it happens to be. There are still some very big games to be played over here in 7A and 8A to decide just who plays who in the playoffs. The only prediction I'll make is the finishing order for Region 7A and that will be:

1. McKenzie

2. Bruceton/Hollow Rock Central

3. Union City

4. Lake Co.

I don't really know how Region 8A will pan out but, I'll say that the winner of that region will either be Fayette Acad. or TCA. And Manassas will in all likelyhood get the 4th spot there.

My gut feeling is that either McKenzie, Fayette Acad. or TCA will be in the semi's to play whoever. But we all know what they say about opinions.

Anyway, the only game I'm worried about right now is South Fulton tomorrow night!!!! Hope everyone avoids the injury bug that's been going around all season.

How would either of these teams match up against last years UC team?

I've seen Jo Byrns this year and McKenzie,U.C. and Lake Co...MzKenzie and Jo Byrns would be a good matchup..Jo Byrn's quarterback is much quicker..but the Rebels have played against a similiar quarterback in Lake Co.'s Brandon Springer..Jo Byrn's has a big fullback that could give McKenzie trouble but Jo Byrnes had better be able to guard about 3 receivers on about every play..The Rebel quarterback has a great arm and they can burn a team with a little screen or the quarterback can throw the ball in tha air about 60 yards..Should be a good matchup if it were to happen1

Edited by mrbigster

Butchie and BigD,

I'd rather be an unknown surprise than to be expected at the show!!!!!! :lol: How much longer do ya'll reckon we can keep the Rebels under radar???? :angry::lol:

Yep, this Rebel team is very good!!!! Not many expected them to come on like they have. TheBoredGuy told me it was gonna happen before the season started but, I wasn't real sure they could get up for what he was telling me. He was right and I'll tip my hat to him for seeing this one coming.

I don't have a clue who wil come out of the west to represent us at the 'Boro but, I do know it will be one fine football team whichever one of us it happens to be. There are still some very big games to be played over here in 7A and 8A to decide just who plays who in the playoffs. The only prediction I'll make is the finishing order for Region 7A and that will be:

1. McKenzie

3. Union City

4. Lake Co.

I don't really know how Region 8A will pan out but, I'll say that the winner of that region will either be Fayette Acad. or TCA. And Manassas will in all likelyhood get the 4th spot there.

My gut feeling is that either McKenzie, Fayette Acad. or TCA will be in the semi's to play whoever. But we all know what they say about opinions.

Anyway, the only game I'm worried about right now is South Fulton tomorrow night!!!! Hope everyone avoids the injury bug that's been going around all season.

I agree with you about the region semi's but if Yancy and Springer are both healthy ..I believe Lake Co will beat Bruceton by two touchdowns

Butchie and BigD,

I'd rather be an unknown surprise than to be expected at the show!!!!!! :lol: How much longer do ya'll reckon we can keep the Rebels under radar???? :angry::)

1. McKenzie

3. Union City

4. Lake Co.

I'll say this whoever beats us will get a gold or silver ball. If we get beat. And I do mean IF> :lol:

My dark horse pick is Jackson Christian. They played a tough schedule at the beginning of the year while they were adjusting to a new coaching staff. They seem to have the Spread Offense rolling the past few weeks and they have some good athletes. They lost to Fayette Academy on a field goal at the end of the game, that game could have gone either way. Anyway, just some random thoughs from an old fogie!

My dark horse pick is Jackson Christian. They played a tough schedule at the beginning of the year while they were adjusting to a new coaching staff. They seem to have the Spread Offense rolling the past few weeks and they have some good athletes. They lost to Fayette Academy on a field goal at the end of the game, that game could have gone either way. Anyway, just some random thoughs from an old fogie!

I would have to agree with you obc. Seems everyone including myself have written off JCS. Always lurking in the shadows. I'm still pullin for the Rebels.

Judging from all of the posts, it looks like McKenzie & FA are the clear-cut favorites out of regions 7 & 8. McKenzie has a dynamic offense and an decent defense; FA has a one-dimensional offense with a great defense. In addition to McKenzie & FA, there are a few "Iffy" teams like Lake Co., TCA, JCS, and a few others. Is that a fair summary?

As for regions 5 & 6, the clear-cut favorites are Jo Byrns, Mt. Pleasant, & cascade. After week 10 (JBHS/cascade game to decide the Region 5 championship), we’ll probably have 2 favorites. JBHS has a balanced offense and a great defense; Mt. Pleasant has a one-man-show offense and I'm not sure about the defense (probably OK based on scores); cascade has a good offense and a good defense. There are also a few "Iffy" teams as well...Collinwood & McEwen.