Chattanooga Area Top Ten

anspa

RK/PR

1. 1. Ooltewah (8-0) def. Farragut 30-28- still pulling out wins, no matter what.. huge test this weekend, although Oak ridge is not the best team in 2-5A this year, it's still on the road and the Cats will have their backs against the wall in a virtual must-win (for the playoffs).

2. 2. McCallie (7-1) def. #10 Tyner 37-6- McCallie showing all of Tyner's shortcomings in this one. UT got a steal.. He almost signed with Bama..

3. 3. Red Bank (8-0) def. #8 Rhea Co. 25-15- Red Bank winning the ones they are supposed to. Semi-challenge on the road this Friday night.

4. 4. Cleveland (7-1) def. #10 Hixson 29-0- Cleveland winning the ones they are supposed to. Tough game against the #7 Eagles this weekend.

5. 5. McMinn Co. (5-3) def. William Blount 46-38- McMinn is on fire right now, that should get them in the playoffs, now on to playoff seeding.

6. 6. Baylor (6-2) def. Father Ryan 24-20- Huge win for Baylor.. they have shown some grit this year, including beating MUS earlier..

7. 7. Rhea Co. (5-3) lost to #3 Red Bank 15-25- Respectable loss to #3 Red Bank, they have everybodies number right now.. seeding matchup at #4 Cleveland this weekend.

8. 10. Meigs Co. (8-0) def. Howard 20-8- I'm still impressed with their consistancy, I really didn' think they would win at Howard.. I'm going to believe they can take Sweetwater this weekend..

9. UR Temple (8-0) def. South Pittsburg 53-20- talk about impressed, up and coming Christian school knocks off 1A perennial state power; 'knocks off' is definitly an understatement.. they are now officially on my map.

10. 7. Tyner (5-3) lost to #2 McCallie 6-37- Having a down year, and they will likely fininish with 9 or maybe 10 wins, not to mention a region crown; not to shabby..

10. 9. Hixson (6-2) lost to #4 Cleveland 0-29- Hixson better not get upset this week because Brainerd will gladly take their spot at #4 in the playoffs..

Just Outside: Notre Dame (6-2), Polk Co. (6-2)

Big Games for week 9:

#1 Ooltewah (8-0) @ Oak Ridge (5-3)

#2 McCallie (7-1) hosts MBA (4-4)

#3 Red Bank (8-0) @ White County (4-4)

#4 Cleveland (7-1) hosts #7 Rhea Co. (5-3)

#8 Meigs Co. (8-0) @ Sweetwater (6-2)

#10 Hixson (5-3) @ Brainerd (3-5)

Edited by anspa

Best poll. I still think McCallie, Red Bank, Owls.

Best poll in area.

Thanks again ramtrain.. I still cant go that route, wish they could have a little county playoff or something though..

Is it just me or does coacht not seem to get as many hits as it did years ago.. just doesnt seem to have as much usage..

still a great website to keep up with everything, just seems maybe as if many are not 'passing the torch' as they graduate high school..

Edited by anspa

I'm still wondering....how can you put Ooltewah ahead of McCallie? It doesn't make much sense, seeing as how McCallie has dominated this year

Basically like imaowl said... think about teams like Ohio State, when they won the NC or even UT in 98... those teams played a bunch of close games and even got 'lucky' a few times.. a W is a W... Im not trying to say Ooltewah will win it all, simply that they have played enough competition that being 8-0 is impressive..

I dunno that they've had quite the competition. I don't see a Riverdale or Brentwood Academy on Ooltewah's schedule

No but you see a Cookeville, William Blount, Farragut, Oak Ridge, and McMinn on there and before the season is over you may see a DB, Riverdale. The games I listed are never easy and typically Soddy-Daisy isn't as down as it is this year. I'm going with Owls at #1 until the lose. McCallie could always drop all of its scholarship players and suit up in 5A if they would like.

Edited by denlron