The Land-Air Tip-Off Classic

Mr. Freeze

I agree the matchup is bad. Have you ever been to North Greene? It is obvious why we are "A" team. Clinton is a "AAA". Should we physically be able to compete with them? No, we are not suppose to. I think all Greene county teams are invited to play in the tournament as a gesture of goodwill from LandAir.

I am new here and I just am tired of the putdowns and want to stand up for this year's team. Great kids!!!!! They are working VERY hard to make themselves better. These people that get on here bashing need to realize that some circumstances are uncontrollable.

Well I'm not trying to down North Greene. Or West Greene for that matter... Just think the tourny directors could've made a little better match up... Oh well... Not trying to take anything away from North Greene, but if the tourny was played at their place, the might win it. Cause everyone knows you have to be AT LEAST 20 points better then NG to beat them in the Den.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that really shut me up. All ive got to say is wait tell we play unaka this year and also we are playing some bigger teams such as Elizabethton, Crockett who we should kill and not to mention we are going to this tournament down in florida and normally there are some big teams that go to this tournament

Well yeah, you ought to beat Crockett... They're just the WORST AAA team in the state.

Yeah that really shut me up. All ive got to say is wait tell we play unaka this year and also we are playing some bigger teams such as Elizabethton, Crockett who we should kill and not to mention we are going to this tournament down in florida and normally there are some big teams that go to this tournament

Oohh Crockett, Elizabethton, theyre good. You guys are moving up in the ranks. Compare schedules Unakas and UH. You dint even mention Clinch, Tri Cities Christian, Providence, Washburn, J Frank White. Lets see they (Unaka) play Cosby, Pickett Co, Temple, Central, Unicoi, Bearden, G'ville, Harriman Christmas Tourn, thas just a few to name. Ive heard that Unaka has tried to schedule a game with Eliz. but when their former coach is an Unaka graduate, I guess you dont want to lose to your alma mater. Eliz wont play anybody in Carter County unless its a conf game like Happy Valley. Its bad when the county beats the city. If Crockett had Tyler Estepp yeah theyll be good, but I guess talk to Coach Wallingford and see if he can play for Crockett, considerin he gave Crockett the best team in recent years. Otha than tha Crockett is awful. Me and Rangerbook witnessed the 2nd half of last yrs game @ UH. Neither team looked impressive.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

Go ahead, and I will show West Greene boys were you all put on your sch on coacht for this year, first game against West Greene next game is against Shelbyville in the land-air classic. That right there shows how much class you all have at Powell, just like your boy Smith, who cant even stay on the team in the summer at UT before getting kickoff because of a DUI. Hope he does real well in Marshall. What are you all 3A, 4A, whats it matter, yea you will win, but it wont be a push over like you all think. And you will see some class from WGHS in Nov. Put that on your stupid board.

Putting down that game against Shelbyville was an honest mistake on my part. I misread the schedule and thought we automatically played Shelbyville in the second round. By the time I realized the goof, I could not undo it. Maybe Coacht can fix the schedule. I don't know the kids from West Greene and have no idea whether they are good or not. We beat them handily last year, but much can change in a year. I intended no disrespect to them.

You really ought to leave Smith out of this. He is not on the team anymore and we wish him well. We run a VERY classy basketball program at Powell. Coach Ogan is one of the more well-respected coaches in the area. Maybe you should stop taking cheap shots at us on this board.

Edited by mocs30